Author Topic: Girls on side cars  (Read 25347 times)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Girls on side cars
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »
Bloody hell. A JR 50 wont pull its self let alone a chair & anouther rider :o. Must of done the 2 speed conversion on it minimum ;D. They dont look 16 ???.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 04:44:51 pm »
it's actually and new lite weight modern with JR graphics and it's shot real close to the camera so it looks outa proportion, dummy. And it's ridden be some midgets that got sick of being thrown at a velcro wall and were looking for a bigger thrill.
They breed 'em small and tough in S.A. and they learn what fun is real early.

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:47 pm »
I dunno what makes me smile more the kids on the sidecar or freakshows avatar

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:15 am »
With a good showing of ASA boys we wont see which way they went at Broady.

Hornet

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 10:27:24 am »
With a good showing of ASA boys we wont see which way they went at Broady.

To be archived till after the event  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:38 pm »
EML , you are the exhaust expert , I have lots of trouble getting our new bike to comply with the  new noise levels . Apperantly they will be very strict this year on that , so I realy want comply with rules before and after the race . Do you have any clues as how to quieten  those big thumpers? Any ideas or hints appreciated?

EML is busy work'n   ;D ,so I'll put my two bobs worth in....Its been a rule for a while now,so no difference with policing it this year or from last year.  8)
Don't mess with your pipe till you know what its reading,,,ring your local MA or Club and see if you can get it noise tested at a modern event or someplace and while you are there promote your vmx sidecar and vmx events.  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 03:36:34 pm »
G' day Walter,
                  I owned a business for 25 years selling and servicing Industrial engines, and when sales were slow we manufactured Generators and Pump sets using our own engines.

It was tough getting some of those Industrial engines to meet legal sound levels even back then, and the big Singles were almost impossible at full load because of the nature of the noise.   Literally, Big Thumpers.

After years of rooting around the best solution we found was to run two mufflers in line, using different sizes and different types.   A small automotive muffler ( usually the secondary off say a Corolla ) followed by a small Hotdog usually worked.

You can't go down that road because of the size and weight problem, but you might be able to incorporate the same ( two stage ) principle into one hand made special.   The trick is to have the second stage take out the worst of the left overs from the first.    Try a first stage with free flowing baffles or mesh and an ' absorbant ' second stage.    Make sure the first and second stage chambers are different lengths and if possible different diameters.

No guarantees or waranty implied but if you're any good you should be close on around the fifth attempt  ;D.     

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 07:21:21 pm »
Try pointing the end of the pipe down thru the chair the ground muffles the sound and confuses the meter

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 03:05:44 pm »
PM'd you lads n ladies some links to the ASA National pictures from November, went to post em but was tooo many and PC kept freezing up.  YOu can sift through them yourself, plenty of girls and yougher girls in there too.  Few girl inthere with beards i heard , but that might just have been the muffled sound of " bit girls blouse" im not sure.  any way go for it.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »
Would be awesome to see a few chicks boost the entry numbers up in the Nationals sidecar class's.  :P
No real reason why they shouldn't now as pre85 are everywhere over that way.
Hope a few ASA members break the ice and enter this Nats.  8)
cheers

Best is in the West !!

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 04:06:06 pm »
I wasn't sure whether I should post these here or on the "Dads on Sidecar" thread. I am sorry that it isn't MX, but with a combined total age if 125years, I think we definitly fit the Vintage bit.

The picture were taken at the 2008 Peter Sparks sidecar trial. Obviously I am the one with the beard (age: 50), the passenger is my daughter, Samantha (age: 24) and the bike is my rusty but trusty old model 199 350 Bultaco Sherpa (age: 31).

This was the first time Sam, has passengered on a sidecar, with her living 140km away it was a bit difficult to arrange a practice session. We manged to get through ever section clean at least once, but on lap 3, we flipped the outfit and rolled/bounce an long way down the hill, after which Sam retire hurt (typical girl, have a sidecar land on your head once and give up!)

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 04:15:28 pm »
Hey Bush Pigs sidecars,you sure can post that pic up here with all those years up your selves,out do a few of us  8)
Yes those girls have too tough it out amongst the boy,  ;)  I have seen more fellas sucking on the paramedic pipes before though  ;)  ;D  good stuff Colj500.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:17:29 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »
Good stuff almost got an RL trials outfit done, my girls gonna have a go, our combined will be only 107, just youngsters I guess!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 01:05:10 pm »
Are you both looking at the ground 'cause you lost something or is it just what you do to keep your feet up?  :D

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »
I had never really noticed that both of us are looking down in the pictures. I might be because we walk the sections before riding them, you therefore know what comes next, and concentrate on where your wheels are and not on what is coming up.

I know that we had a lot of trouble getting over the rock that we are straddling in the first picture. The sidecar wheel would catch and hang-up on the rock and cause the rear wheel to skid/slide around to the right. I would have been trying to get the outfit to turn right, to try and keep forward momentum when the picture was taken. We didn't get past this point on this attempt, however, we did get through the section clean later, by taking a slightly higher line and running further up the C grade/junior solo line visible in the forground before turning right to go around the next rock outcrop that the solos rode over.

In the second picture, we are approaching a rock ledge/step that is just out of shot. I would actually be looking at the step, trying to judge the exact right time to loft the front wheel to get us up and over it.

CJ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:36:38 pm by Colj500 »
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!