Author Topic: pre 90 vmx  (Read 15603 times)

Re: pre 90 vmx
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »
Spoken like a true old geezer. Come on Dave. Thats what it is for you. So ride pre 75 and have fun with it. Don't bag what doesn't interest you.

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 09:25:58 pm »
numbers speak for themself ......Evos   open   at nationals   2009  had the most entries I believe  ;)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 09:29:47 pm »
numbers speak for themself ......Evos   open   at nationals   2009  had the most entries I believe  ;)
Thankyou Oldfart!

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 09:48:22 pm »

I am over this, Vintage racing is pre 75 only, all in a nut shell. take it or leave it, just go away pre90. Start or own movement and take with you pre 85, and pre 80 with you l feel this would be more pro active, call it pre 2000, the classes would be pre 78, pre 80, pre 85, pre 90, pre 2000.

Pre 75 as a stand alone. Yeah right.
Where is the problem then ?  You have the happy VMX  formation  thats working no problems . then you have this " huge" push for semi moderns . If it is so huge , why not let them be happy go on their own ?  Picture a mother duck with happy ducklings under her wings and those three rougue big young geese trying to get under her wing as well . Something has to suffer  ;) I have a feeling they just want to use mother duck as a jumping board  ;)
What the duck?

montynut

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 09:49:49 pm »
Unless something has changed in the universe time marches on. As this happens new year periods will and should enter the Vintage/Classic/Post Classic/etc/etc groups. It is unavoidable and essential for the sport to exist. Without it the sport will literally die out through natural attrition as most, granted not all, enthusiasts collect and ride 'their' period of bikes.

Cars and road racing have delt with this issue for years. My understanding is that Veteren is pre 1930?, Vintage is refers to pre '47? built vehicles. The period 1948-'75, I think, is Classic and '76-'84 is Post Classic. The cut off for Post classic advances with time but will be stopped at some point and a new period started. Many believe this will be 1/1/1986 which is the introduction of unleaded fuel.

My periods of interest are pre '78 and EVO (twin shock) in VMX. I appreciate the pre 75 and earlier bikes but not enough to collect them. I also have little interest in pre '90 but appreciate the machines for there technology step from EVO. The Pre '90 period must come but timing is the only question. The logistics of running all these periods at one meeting is or will become very difficult.

The last and most important thing is that no period is more or less important than any other.

The time to introduce Pre '90 is when enough bikes reach 25 years old as that is the accepted standard to class a car or bike as collectable for Government registration (NSW). This seems a logical rule to accept. Even though the NSW Government is totally hopeless in every area of responsibility they seem to have this little thing right.

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 10:08:15 pm »
Your a goose if you think you're right.
The neigh sayers of pre90 never have a decent argument.
Pre 90 is awesome with some of the trickest bikes. And they are here to stay.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 10:16:40 pm »

Pre 90 is gold.. and eventually will grease the vmx wheels and help the vmx ball keep rolling once it starts to shine in all states.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 10:53:25 pm »

nobody says you have no place to stay , but dont undermine VMX with it . ;)  Go  and create the new pre 2009
Why are you telling people to move on from VMX.. since when have you been the president of VMX Australia?
In the 17 years i've been riding vmx they have introduced pre '78, Evo, pre '85 and pre '90. Does the sport now have to stop and stand still because you've recently joined the ranks?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 11:27:48 pm »

nobody says you have no place to stay , but dont undermine VMX with it . ;)  Go  and create the new pre 2009

No problem there. Let's just stop winding ourselves in knots over words, while ignoring the ideas behind those words.

The self-righteous claim to sole ownership of "vintage" MX is offensive and clearly wrong.

In terms of racing, I am far more interested in racing in the pre-78 eras than Evo+. But I'm not so self-important that I refuse to acknowledge the place these other old bikes have in the wider 'old dirt bike scene'.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

CamP

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 05:41:15 am »
You can't grow your club if you don't allow new blood into it. Here in Texas our vintage club, the TVRC, has a XX class for bikes over 20 years old and it's one of the biggest classes at every meet.   

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 08:31:36 am »
I am over this, Vintage racing is pre 75 only, all in a nut shell. take it or leave it, just go away pre90. Start or own movement and take with you pre 85, and pre 80 with you l feel this would be more pro active, call it pre 2000, the classes would be pre 78, pre 80, pre 85, pre 90, pre 2000.

As the question asked was about NSW and as Pre '90 is already going in Victoria your opinion is irrelevant. Go off and enjoy your Pre '75 only day's with all the other geeza's if that's what you want. Somehow I think your day's would be numbered though.

Cheers
Shaun #23

albrid-3

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 08:34:12 am »
I started racing in 1972 to 1979 then l finihed. The classic started in 1990. I have been thinking about this, l feel that the classic meetings can acommondate all era of classes, the tracks need to be Longer and more flowing just like the european tracks. One or two races for each classes., At connondale it worked just fine, and l personally ran to the fence when l new that glenn Bell was in that race on this 500 cr, and l most say l wished that l was a tad younger to race with him. We all love our era, lets help each other and move on and grow with this wonderfull sport. (Lets stop the bull sh.....T.)

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 08:35:20 am »
It would be good to see all VMX organisations in each state embrace all the existing categories and nurture the new as they are introduced,I personally enjoy seeing the bikes from all era's at the same event It gives a great insight into the history/evolution of the sport and the characters that competed in and on the  bikes of MX/Scrambles you dont have to be a fanatic/collector of each era "each to there own" but as a group we should not try to fragment the movement,I think VMX would find it difficult to just get enough support from Pre 75 and the same goes for the the Pre 90,85 & Evo to split the categories could be harmful to the sport,at the end of the day:

Ride and Enjoy your Pride and Joy and respect each others preferences,there's room for every class if the right approach is adopted.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 08:36:35 am »
[/quote]

The question asked was Pre '90.

Where are you getting pre 2009 from? This already exists it's called modern racing and has nothing to do with Vintage Motocross. Maybe you should study up a bit before posting your usual drivel.

Cheers
Shaun #23

ted

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 08:41:43 am »
Gee Shaun...bus driving is making you angry.haha

I know I know....I still have to pick up that frame from you