Author Topic: pre 90 vmx  (Read 15581 times)

albrid-3

Re: pre 90 vmx
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »
hi brad 090, what pre 70 bike do you have.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2009, 09:38:03 pm »
Brads our current pre 70 National champion  :o
you were there David
CZ360 Sidepiper ;D
Cheers
Noel

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2009, 09:40:26 pm »
Conondale got a bit rough, but it is motocross right? Three days of riding has to take its toll.
As far as personal attacks, i find it offensive to be part of a discussion and telling lies to suit the argument at hand. That is why i have carried on.
FFS , when you cant even spell the name of you town correctly on every occasion, somethings amiss . Its Traralgon.

Dave, you must not realise who i am.  Its Brad van Barrelo. I rode Dads sideport 360 at the nats. Just so you know, i dont have a problem with you personally, just didn't like your original statement which you modified later stating the pre 80's 85's and 90's should piss off.
Cheers, Brad

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:18 pm »
Hey JohnnyO, what years did Anthony Gunter win Mr Motocross, I know 76 and 77 but what year was his 3rd? Cheers John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

albrid-3

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2009, 10:06:14 pm »
Brad, point taken, l started to think about what l had said, and changed my mind about the whole point of our discussion, l have found land and marked out lots of natural terrain tracks in my day, and have delt with this argument so any times in the past, l feel strongly about the design of tracks, and if people could put more thought into them. everybody would be much happier. l like all bikes, l just get sick of these topic and l feel that their is an easy method to solve these argument. That is the reason for me to change my mind.

albrid-3

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2009, 10:09:30 pm »
Sorry l was their, congratulation Brad, next year l will try and take it off you with my pre70 bike. cheers old rust never sleeps.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »
Anyone who tells you that Conondale didn't get hard for the pre 75s over the 3 days is full of bullshit

I didn't think that it chopped up too badly? It got a lot rougher at CD6, at least. And unlike at CD6, there were good, consistant lines forming around corners, which counter-balanced the additional roughness in other spots.

I'm kinda wondering whether having different eras of bikes on the track actually HELPS to minimise the worst of the bumps. Bikes with different amounts of suspension travel all form differently spaced braking/acceleration bumps to each other - so the short travel bikes partly flatten out the long travel bikes' bumps, and visa-versa.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2009, 10:20:19 pm »
Brad, next year l will try and take it off you with my pre70 bike.

Glad to hear that you have started your training program Dave, I thought your tongue was going to get caught in your spokes at Conondale ;D ;D ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2009, 10:25:23 pm »
Hey JohnnyO, what years did Anthony Gunter win Mr Motocross, I know 76 and 77 but what year was his 3rd? Cheers John.
'79 mate..the year he had the works bike for the final round at Amaroo.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2009, 10:33:08 pm »
Cheers JohnnyO. :)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

albrid-3

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2009, 10:59:09 pm »
hello GMC, All in a days fun, the tongue does stretch a bit, have a new mount, have you heard from drakey lately.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:24:26 am by albrid-3 »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2009, 11:06:50 pm »
Yeah the other day, he's been busy with his new house. We could talk about him all you like here as you would never see him in this thread ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

CamP

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2009, 02:28:12 am »
That track looks awesome Cam, I'd run any of my bikes their- even my 2000 Husaberg ;D ;D. How do you get to ride it?

That is Oak Hill MX, one of the premier tracks in Texas and where they hold the GNC Amateur Nationals every spring. In recent years it was only open for big races, but it's under new ownership and now it's open for more local events and even open two days a week for practice. 

albrid-3

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2009, 09:31:59 am »
Yes that is true geoff. I read drakey`s file, coming back home from brisbane last month, noticed a lot of dead Koo`s on the side of the road, lucking you didn`t wreck the MA VAN. So I am trying to understand the file, so drakey`s lost touch with CZ. or just to involved with the admin side of racing and enduro.