Author Topic: pre 90 vmx  (Read 15590 times)

juzze

pre 90 vmx
« on: October 08, 2009, 06:01:09 pm »
Hi does any one know if pre 90 will ever be run in nsw ive heard it is run in qld and victoria im not sure if thats correct but.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: pre 90 vmx
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 06:50:11 pm »
Its just a nasty rumour!

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:15:54 pm »
I don't know.  (actually I don't know anything)I'm here because I'm looking  at Hornet's profile image. ::)

magoo

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »
the truth is that Pre '90 is inevitable in N.S.W., just a matter of who, where and when, 3 questions I don't have an answer to. Be patient Luke and the power will be with you

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 01:25:36 am »
I don't know.  (actually I don't know anything)I'm here because I'm looking  at Hornet's profile image. ::)

utter smut  ;)   ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 05:51:10 am »
Hi does any one know if pre 90 will ever be run in nsw ive heard it is run in qld and victoria im not sure if thats correct but.

I reckon that if there is to be Pre '90 introduced in NSW anytime soon there would need to be a bit more interest shown than there has been to date.

HEAVEN offers free riding to all bikes during the Saturday of most meetings. This is an ideal opportunity to get out and have a ride on your pre '90 and show us who's out there. You can even do it on a recreation licence and have more track time than you get during the Sunday race meeting.

At the end of this month the next round at Lakes ticks all the boxes. Sensational track probably the best track we have been to this year and the location is only one hour from Sydney so travelling for the majority is no problem.

So come and join the club, if your not already a member, and show that Pre '90 is a viable proposition in NSW. I'll be there with my new '89 YZ250 so come up and say hi.

Can't wait.

Cheers
Shaun #23

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 07:29:19 am »
I reckon that if there is to be Pre '90 introduced in NSW anytime soon there would need to be a bit more interest shown than there has been to date.

There's a fair few existing Heaven members with pre-90 bikes already. Straight off the top of my head:
You, me, Magoo, Darran M, Damo... (I know that there are several more, no doubt others will chime in).
I know of several other bikes in shed, where the owners might be interested in racing them, but have zero interest in the lobbying/politics - right or wrong, they'll only turn up and show their interest after the hard work has been done.

Gerard didn't renew his membership (and ultimately sold his pre-90 bike) when Heaven wouldn't allow him to race it.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 09:19:12 am »
Yeah, Pre-90 is modern. Not much difference between riding a 1989 CR250 than a 2007 CR250. It runs here in Vic and gets reasonable numbers, but is not VMX IMO.
Cheers,
K

Rosco400

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 10:03:45 am »
Gerard didn't renew his membership (and ultimately sold his pre-90 bike) when Heaven wouldn't allow him to race it.

Well that was a silly thing to do, most r of the opinion it will be introduced anyway, prob 2010 would make 20 years old. He could of rode to Saturays and bought a Pre 85 in the meantime, so really his heart must not of been in it

I dont have an opinion one way or the other cause I dont have a pre 90 bike in the shed but guess I will have to start looking if dont want to be seen as a more of an outcast

Pre 85 is the true definition of vintage if we get technical : see below link (I know its road bike but the same principals apply)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vintage_Motor_Cycle_Club

I do believe pre 78 needs to be worked on first to get the numbers back up and to drag bikes out of the shed. More tracks like Canowindra would be a good start and im sure the pre 85 guys had fun there as well
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:09:53 am by Rosco400 »

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 12:14:45 pm »

There's a fair few existing Heaven members with pre-90 bikes already. Straight off the top of my head:
You, me, Magoo, Darran M, Damo... (I know that there are several more, no doubt others will chime in).
I know of several other bikes in shed, where the owners might be interested in racing them, but have zero interest in the lobbying/politics - right or wrong, they'll only turn up and show their interest after the hard work has been done.

Yeah Nathan I know there is a few existing members however I think the real growth and future of the club lies in guy's who may not be riding vintage at the moment. They are the 35-45 year olds who at around 18 years of age lusted after bikes in the Pre '90 era. Speaking for myself. I'm 45 years old and have little interest in bikes prior to Evolution.

I know that a lot of people on this forum don't recognise these bikes as vintage. Each to their own.

I agree with Rosco that building up Pre '78 would be good. But it appears that a lot of these guy's tend to talk a good race and tell us why we shouldn't introduce Pre '90 but that's about it. You see the same old faces riding Pre '78 at each meeting while the Pre '85 classes seem to grow every round.

The ever decreasing numbers in the earlier classes at most race meetings indicates to me that if we don't have a plan to embrace and attract new members through the introduction of later year cut off's we run the risk of having the club go into decline. Check out Penrith MCC for evidence of this.

If you Pre '78 guy's don't agree with me I would be extremely happy for you to prove me wrong with a huge turn out at the final two HEAVEN rounds this year.

Cheers
Shaun #23

juzze

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 06:39:45 pm »
I am actually racing with heaven at the moment in the pre 78 and in the pre 84  class. I would be for the pre 90 class because i would be able to find another bike to race that isnt going to cost me a fortune and that i have a couple of mates that would be keen on the idear. i cant see how another race is going affect anything as i would be there on my old bikes as well.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 08:25:11 pm »
Yeah, Pre-90 is modern. Not much difference between riding a 1989 CR250 than a 2007 CR250. It runs here in Vic and gets reasonable numbers, but is not VMX IMO.
Cheers,
K
I think there is a difference between them, just not as much as the older bikes. Each era is more different and harder to go fast on a rough track or soar through the air.
The reality is that vmx is what you make it, or what you perceive it to be. A bloke in his early 40's can relate to an 80's model bike , whether it be an evo or pre 85. Blokes pushing 50, tends to be into pre 75 or 78. Generally speaking the grandads think its all about pre 70 and maybe pre 75. Its all where you are in your life cycle. Im generalizing of course but knowing quite a few people on the forum and how old they are, im close to the mark i think.
I wonder how many old boys that were racing in the 50's think/thought, 'bloody modern pre'75's. Try riding with no suspension. Now THATS vintage!'

albrid-3

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 08:44:52 pm »
I am over this, Vintage racing is pre 75 only, all in a nut shell. take it or leave it, just go away pre90. Start or own movement and take with you pre 85, and pre 80 with you l feel this would be more pro active, call it pre 2000, the classes would be pre 78, pre 80, pre 85, pre 90, pre 2000.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:00:39 pm by albrid-3 »

albrid-3

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »
I think this is the best solution hornet. don`t you.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
Ok if vintage is only pre 75 that means that VMX mag should only contain pre 75 bikes. Lets see how many people buy it then  ;) (this comment is not ment to be having a go at VMX mag. Its just to point out that 75 onwards bikes appeal to a lot of people who buy the magazine)

090's comment sums it up well.

I accept all eras up to pre 90 even if some dont appeal to me.

It would be interesting to run a poll on here to see what percentage of members are into what era bikes. it might surprise a few people.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:06:54 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022