Author Topic: Clearing my name and my bike  (Read 13133 times)

Re: Clearing my name and my bike
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
Screw in. Do i have to change the whole fork or just the top half?

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »
i   as far as i under stand it you have to put 77 fork legs and spacer or restrictor but some one here might be able to tell you more like walter
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:29:50 PM by PAUL »

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »
does that mean you dont know?

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
not yet i havent ask you know who yet im still looking after the mrs

kaw440

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »
Of course it is track dependant I totally agree.
But as a scientific experiment lets take a look at the Conondale track for instance.

Simon Healy who was fourth in the Pre 85 263 class clocked a best time of 2.39.
I selected Simon because he would be more in Brad's class.
Simon only bettered Brads Pre 75 263 time by 4 seconds with his KX500.

The Pre 85 263 class posted the best lap times of the Nationals.

Ji

HEY ji be nice my kx was breaking down had a slipping clutch and was not sorted i finished the bike 2 weeks before the titles so i dont think i am a good example for these lap times

Ji Gantor

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
Sorry mate I did not know.
I hope I have not upset you, I was just trying to make a point that you and Brad should have about the same ability. I was hoping that you would have finished in the top three.

My YZ490K went great by the way.
I was a bit frightened by all the stories I was told about how they buck you off so I never opened her right up. In my second race I started to get comfy and passed four other riders then the gear shift lever broke and I went backwards. On the line at the final race I selected second gear and opened the throttle slightly. It bogged but this time at least I did not wheel stand down the straight. I went on to have a few bar banging moments with some other riders which ended in me pulling a small gap and three broken front spokes.
Thanks for importing my YZ it really is a credit to Roger.

Ji
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:06:55 AM by Ji Gantor »

Ji Gantor

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »
Hi Simon,
I only removed the YZ from the crate at 2.30pm on the Sunday before the Nationals.
We filled the gear box with oil, changed the spark plug, tightened the spokes, filled the tyres to pressure, tightened all visible nuts and bolts, cleaned the air filter, adjusted the handlebars and levers and filled the fuel tank. I kicked and kicked until I could not kick any more. I pulled the plug and no spark. So off came the seat and tank and I checked the coil, lead, wires,CDI and primary coil everything was fine just not working. Then I noticed the colour of the secondary coil wires did not match the ones going to the CDI so I colour match them and we had spark. Back on went the tank and seat and three kicks later rm rm smoke smoke rev.
She never looked back after that.
At the Nationals the gear shift lever spring retainer bar fell out and the kick starter shaft feel off. We wired the gear shift lever up. We took a walk around the track after hours and found the kick lever on the track so we asked all the YZ guys if they had a nut but alas no one did. One great guy gave me a nut that we made fit so we locktited that sucker on and she held.

The bike was great so many thanks.

Ji
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:58:19 AM by Ji Gantor »