Author Topic: High content lead grease where to buy ?  (Read 5861 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: High content lead grease where to buy ?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »
 Another memory about Bardahl, one of my teen mates bought a 1937 Standard Ten sedan, we put Bardahl in the gearbox it had steel face to steel face synchromesh clutches, result-the synchro never worked again!

Their anti-friction claims were ligit!
cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 02:17:49 pm »
ive got some noise in my diff as well and I was going to try moreys in it as its very thick but ill try the m/disulphide in it  so where do you buy it/is it a grease or just a oil?

Don't go for thick, it draws energy resulting in fuel increases that add up over the miles and years.
This a one liter bottle I bought from Blackwoods, long ago.

It was a small amount of this, added to an oil change that just shut my Diff up.

I have used this extensively on heavy plant and equip in the mining industry etc, in the day, to keep worn out gearboxes, diffs etc alive and extend duty cycles until the components for tear-down were in.

I serviced auto for a while, one customer had a howling 173 HQ s/w diff from towing a caravan around Oz three times(seasonal employment).
I put three 60Gram tubes in that, it only took three weeks to quieten.

I have built/optimised 72degree V6 Cosworth/Mercury formula outboards. They download RPM peaks of up to 14,500 when free air prop-walking(incredible engines, near to indestructible when balanced and then "Harmonised" correctly), I always added it to their right angle drive gearcases, I still do, even to my smaller outboards.

http://www.itwpf.com.au/molybond_lubricants/product.aspx?productid=69

http://www.blackwoods.com.au/part/05182474/oil-supplement-molybond-formula-25-60gm

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:34:18 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »
It will obviously quieten a LSD, but don't expect it to transfer drive away from the slipping wheel as well, or at all if it is badly worn ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:39:16 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 03:34:48 pm »
many moons ago a relative had a skyline that was well down on compression and the oil rings were knackered. it had been treated with Nulon engine additive. he loaned it to a company we were working for to take 4 guys out to site every day (80km each way) we would top up the engine with oil from the loaders used sump oil drum on Monday and it would be empty on Wednesday (dead empty as the smoke trail would stop and the oil pressure gauge would drop ;D) it then do thurs and Friday trips and Monday out with no oil in the engine. amazing..went like sh*t of a shanghai as well, even with the four of us in it..

have a huge respect for nulon after that display

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
thanks for the link Mick D ill get 2 tubes and mix it in with the new oil before it goes in the diff and hopefully ill get another 100k out of it before its completely stuffed as its only just making a little whine right now and barely noticeable ;)

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »
Found this video. I will definitely try MBL (metal based lubricant)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbO94rrNes

This has been a good discussion.

topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200