Author Topic: Help moto retro illustrated  (Read 9291 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Help moto retro illustrated
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 04:55:50 pm »
Glad to see you made it to the checkered flag.

America is still a hated place populated only by buck-toothed, ignorant southerners. Whatever.)

It’s not that we hate Americans, quite the opposite, but we do get annoyed with the ones that think Australia is some communist country in Europe or a town in Honduras
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Mitchell184

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2010, 11:35:34 pm »
Just referring to Mr. Evil's tiring rant, is all...
;-)

Evil Rudy

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2010, 11:55:29 pm »
Mitch.

I'm not just American; I'm from New York - that's like a double dose of paranoia and guilt.

Difference between me and 100 million other americans? I learned that Paris wasn't just in Texas and that Sydney isnt in Nebraska...

It’s also the irony in my postings, given I live amongst my fellow Australian here in Sydney ( 18 years).

Once in a while we get to laugh at some of the high jinks our old compatriots get up to and “take the piss” when it doesn’t gel with the laid back laconic lifestyle here.
Even you have to laugh at some of the stupid shit that rolls out of US of A.

And of course I actually defended you in this thread, so be kind.

Glad issue two is out, can’t wait for number three. They are both the only magazines I’ve read cover to cover three times since I was a kid and bought my first MXA.

I’ve still got a year and a half left on my subscription.

ER

Evil Rudy

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2010, 11:57:20 pm »
Plus - and lets make this perfectly clear - I drink way too much Scotch when I'm typing.

Mitchell184

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 12:56:57 am »
Re: Too much Scotch...
I know the feeling. ;-)

I guess I've just tired of all the U.S.-bashing. Some is warranted, of course. But the idiocy of some of it is, well, tiring. Yours was funny and clever; guess I just used too big a hammer when commenting on it.

Really happy you've read the issue completely; that's the sort of response I'm getting from readers all over the world. It really helps the personal motivation to keep this ship floating. Issue three is gonna be cool. Please let me know what you think of it. (And somehow I know you will.)

Thanks,

Mitch
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:59:51 am by Mitchell184 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 06:16:33 am »
I dunno about the US bashing Mitch - we Aussies cop a bit of flack on the US forums too at times! And Geez, don't they like to give Chad Reed a serve. The thing of it is that there are often no shortage of people happy to fill the role of stereotype.   ;D

And yes, Issue #2 is a beauty. Looking forward to #3 now (although to be honest I still haven't finished #2 - that Roberts interview is a top read).