Author Topic: big k,s 400 cr husky  (Read 11654 times)

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Re: big k,s 400 cr husky
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
Well HB......I've got an old Tarabusi pistons that says your vision of what is a legal pipe is not correct... :-*  to quote you...end of story.. ;D

firko

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
Get over it Yammiefan. I'm over dealing with people putting an anal slant on everything in the rulebook. Move on mate, youre wrong..........deal with it.

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 07:20:54 PM »
Mark, I love the way that once someone puts up an alternative view ...some members of the sport...just throw up their hands and say....YOUR WRONG!!....I would even put up the necessary to have the CMXC rule on something like this issue...In the end the people who adminster the sport ( the riders) would probably need to either accept the MOMS or have them changed...nothing your pedantic view of the way the sport is adminstered (others like RR and GE) will ever find and even ground...gee you guys would have made great draft dodgers!! :-*

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 09:06:52 PM »
"Holy flamin exhaust pipes Batman. It looks good but is it legal?"

"Well Robin, that's a matter of opinion, but in the real world you have to ask.. does it really matter?"

"Yeah I guess your right again caped crusader, surely there are much more important things to bicker over."

firko

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »
Come on Brian.....You accuse me of being pedantic ??? In the end, who gives a flying fork. Maybe I should have prefaced my opinion with the old standard...'In my humble opinion' but I've been scritineering old bikes for a long time and I'd have no trouble passing Big Ks Husky. I've seen far worse, even from your side of the island.

*I don't understand your RR and GE reference. They were my friends and did more for this sport than anyone I know, what do you mean?

*You didn't respond to my hypothetical re:the Maico up pipe. I'm curious what your take is.

*I thought this shit ended years ago but I guess the flag still flys high in WA. Get over it and enjoy the sport Brian. I didn't think you of all people would stoop to Lawsons level of pedancy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:44:09 PM by firko »

mainline

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
beautiful bike Mick  :)

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »
Beautifull bike Big k, love the pipe.
Dont be put off by some of the picky forum members, keep restoring these
lovely old bikes and posting pictures of your handywork.
Holeshot Bubby big k finished behind me that day, sorry big K the truth had to be told.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 11:07:50 AM »
Yep, went nuts thinking I had Pigmy in a 3 lap race, only to be greeted by the last lap board instead of the chequered flag. I was stuffed by then and Pigmystein (monster on the track) got by. I couldn't make the pass again in the last lap. Hopefully with a bit more practise on the pre '75 bikes, the tables will be turned at Mirboo North. We had a HUGE amount of fun, and the pipe on my bike made absolutely no difference to that amount of fun. That's what it's all about isn't it?
Cheers,
K

firko

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 11:41:12 AM »
As my closer on this..I've just looked through the MOMs and can't find any mention of what pipe is or isn't allowed regarding exhaust design.  ??? Maybe there should be restrictions but as it is right now I couldn't find anything that excludes BigKs Husky pipe. Criticising a pipe because it doesn't fit into a particular aesthetic view shows a bit of intolerance in my view. My Maico and its decidedly modern pipe was racing at Coffs Harbour in the same class as Yammiefan yet he didn't notice (or care) that it didn't fit into his perspective on what's Kosher or not. Perhaps if my bike had been a Husky, things might have been different. I respect and admire Brians knowledge and dedication to Huskys but by declaring Big Ks Husky pipe ilegal from a photo and ignore a Maico with a far more radical pipe that's pitted right next door seems a little one make sensitive to me.  ;)
Give my regards to your Dad Brian. ;D

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
Latest news: This bike fly's and is so easy to ride, regardless of what the pipe does. Went to a local modern meeting and rode in the 2502t & 4504t class on a modern jumpy track and manged a 6th place out of 14. Some of the younger guys were pisssed at getting hosed by "an old peice of shit", hee hee, while the older blokes were rapt to see it flying around. I rode my 390 in the veteran class and it also is a pleasure to ride with superb power & suspension. I would like some more brakes though. "Sounds unreal & looks like it goes alright", were the comments for the 390. On a sadder note the '74 CR250 mag expired on the 3rd lap of practise with a big end failure and will now be parked until the end of the season, after which it will undergo preparation for next year. The 400's coming for you Pigmystein.
Cheers,
K

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
Latest news: This bike fly's and is so easy to ride, regardless of what the pipe does. Went to a local modern meeting and rode in the 2502t & 4504t class on a modern jumpy track and manged a 6th place out of 14. Some of the younger guys were pisssed at getting hosed by "an old peice of shit", hee hee, while the older blokes were rapt to see it flying around. ..........................
Cheers,
K

how good is that, well done K Man, stick it up the spikey haired, pierced, fashion mx'ers of today.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
Big K well done against the modern boys.
The Pursang 250 is ready and primed and hopefully i will be up to the challenge.
Looking forward to catching up at Mirboo
Pigmy