Author Topic: Fund raiser Show'n'shine.  (Read 18168 times)

firko

Re: Fund raiser Show'n'shine.
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2009, 10:46:00 pm »
Great Son, How do you want to do it? Auction them on here or send them to me so we can either put them on eBay or auction on the day at the Show'n'Shine? Your choice my friend. Thanks so much for helping out.

firko

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2009, 03:41:09 pm »
Things have slowed down a bit on the direct deposit with only $100 going into the a/c since 14/10 The balance is currently $2125. It's been gratifying to see that the forum auction action has been running hot and I've had a rush of other items to put up over the next couple of days. Jeff has posted another signed Joel/CD6 poster and Paul has kindly posted a Roger D signed Suzuki jersey for auction. If bidding isn't your thing, the bank account is thill accepting donations. Please keep it up, this is a great cause.
The bank details are.......
Account name: Mark Bernard Firkin
Account number:484400886
BSB Number: 112-879

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2009, 05:35:36 pm »
The Pomeroy Plate and the Bad Brad Shirt Auction on this forum I am happy to have a forum member win them, but the Casey signed visor should go on ebay where it will raise the most money (One I donated 3 weeks ago went for $1,000) it should make $500 min on Ebay.
ps I would like to see a photo of the DeCoster shirt so I can bid for it, thanks

firko

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2009, 11:03:06 pm »

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2009, 11:12:31 pm »
Is there a cut-off date for the "borrowed sign" ?  If I win the auction, do I have to give it back?  Will I go to jail  ???

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2009, 08:26:40 pm »
Firko,
Do you know the street number of the" Alroy" on Rooty Hill Rd North,   is it 371?
so those Coming from out of area can find it ,
Cheers
Noel
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:28:19 pm by Noel »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2009, 10:36:16 am »
HI Guys,
Please take a look at the For Sale section for 3 more rare and unique items for sale to benefit the Noel Clarke Auction.

1. Heinz Kinigadner PUCH Jersey

2. Andre Malherbe O'Neal Jersey

3. Jim Pomeroy T-Shirt - a true, one of a kind, unique signed shirt
Thanks
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2009, 12:33:32 pm »
Noel...I'll be drumming up support for the Show'n'Shine after I return from Timaru early next week. I'll have all of the details on how to get there along with local motels/pubs for those who may need to stay over.
In the meantime, the adress is indeed 371 Noel......The Alroy Tavern Ph: (02) 9625 4250. 371 Rooty Hill Road North, Plumpton

firko

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2009, 01:24:15 pm »
The current balance for the Noel Clarke fund is  $2,225.32. I'd like to thank everyone who's deposited money in the account. It's a great show of your goodwill and, it seems trust.

Although I've assisted in other campaigns I'm a rookie when it comes to this kind of fund raising. I'm going into new unchartered territory and have followed what I thought was the correct protocol. A couple of days ago while having a conversation with a friend while in NZ and airing my disapointment that the direct deposit part of the fund raising wasn't working as well as I'd hoped, he told me that he'd heard that 'many' people were reluctant to put money into the account because it was in my name and not Noels or in a trust name. I was quite taken aback by that and was shocked that my honesty would have been challenged. I had genuinely believed that protection of my public profile within our movement would have been enough to show that I could be trusted with handling the donated money. If I had used any of the money, even the spare 32c, for anything other than supporting Noel I would lose any credibility I may posess in the vintage movement, something that I take very seriously. Quite simply, I'm an honest man and would never consider doing anything dishonest, especially seeing that Noel and his family are dear friends of mine.

After brooding over this for a couple of days I can now see that the account being in my name may give cause for hesitation in donating from some people. I realise that not everybody knows me and with money being at a premium these days they possibly have good reason to be wary.

When I enquired into opening the account I at first tried to open it in Noels name but he would have to be a signatory on the account which made that a bit out of the question. I then attempted to open the account in Klub Kevlars account as a charity account (or something similar, I'm having trouble remembering the details) but because KK isn't a registered club or organisation that wasn't an option either. In the end I just opened another account in my name as I was the only signatory there and it was the easiest option.  I've now been told that I could have done it differently but my naivity and inexperience in these things got in the way. Until that conversation in NZ, nobody had even shown one iota of concern or offered an alternative so I figured that I'd done the correct thing.

To show that everything is above board, it had always been our intention to post the transaction details in their entirety and/or send them to anyone who requested them. That of course still stands with one proviso. Once we decide that the fund raising has come to its natural conclusion we will make all of the transaction details available to anyone who requests them. Before I post the details on the forum, I feel that the donors privacy should be considered. Some donors may wish their contributions to be kept private so if that is the case, please let me know by PM and I'll make adjustments to disguise your identity.

In closing, myself and the small number of Klub Kevlar members involved are doing this out of our wish to help out a fallen mate, no other reason. There are no ego, greed or dishonest motives involved here and believe me, there are many other things in our lives that aren't recieving the proper attention they should because of the time involved in this.  I promise that every single cent donated will end up with Noel Clarke and no other place. I'm a bit upset at this doubt at my motives and honesty but when I sit outside the fence and look at it from the eyes of somebody who doesn't know my and my partners in the fund raiser's integrity, I can see their point.

I hope the above explanation has convinced those of you who have held back for the above reason to have a change of mind and contribute to this great cause. Maintaining my integrity and respect in the vintage movement and my wish to see Noel get some financial support are far greater than the temptation some see me yielding to......thanks Mark.

TT

« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:45 pm »
Well said, Mark.
I can only agree that there are enough people that know both you and Noel, and if that money didn't get to the right place, the world would know about it.  :D
I must say though, that when I did my fundraiser for Childhood Cancer last year, I didn't find the same hesitancy.
From Suzuki handing over 2 V-Stroms, to blokes we met on the road handing over $100 notes. All they saw was the money going into my wallet, but they trusted that it would end up in the right place.
And thanks to that attitude, we raised just on $40k.
I guess I can understand why, but people do sem to me far more wary than ever before.  :-\

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2009, 10:00:24 pm »
Did you get those other number boards yet Mark? Your doing the right thing, dont doubt yourself !!! cheers John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45:04 pm »
Thanks John, I got'em just as I was leaving for NZ and promptly sent 'em straight on to Brad. I only hope they got there in time before the Tony D Benefit.
Thanks for the kind words. I don't have any doubts we're doing the right thing.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2009, 11:45:52 pm »
Will be posting some goodies to be auctioned on Monday, they look fantastic.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

211kawasaki

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:41 am »
Hi Guys

at this stage the PLB (EPIRB) has been bid by TBM to $500.00 these things are retail at $699 and the $500 bid is great but buying it cheap. I will PM TBM today and notify him that he has the bid unless anyone tops him. Want the money in the bank for the cause before the 15th

Someone want to own it for $550??????