Author Topic: Fund raiser Show'n'shine.  (Read 18165 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Fund raiser Show'n'shine.
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2009, 10:08:52 am »
That's fine Tim, every dollar counts.
I haven't given anything as yet but do intend to, still planning some things in my head.
Rome wasn't built in a day as they say, we just need to keep plugging away.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

firko

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2009, 11:32:01 am »
Hmmm and I felt crappy because I have only donated $20 ....so far.
Tim...This isn't a donation contest mate. We only asking for people to donate what they can afford. You're $20 is a great gesture and as equally important as another blokes $200 so you shouldn't feel crappy. Instead, you should feel good that you've done something for someone.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2009, 04:37:54 pm »
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

firko

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2009, 06:42:22 pm »
I just spoke to Brian and Tony Clarke and they informed me that Noel is going exceptionally well to the point that earlier fears that he was a quadraphlegic were a bit off. It now looks like he'll be a paraphlegic with full use of his upper body. All good news but he still needs our support. Get over to the GMC-Noel Clarke Auction thread and bid on a shiny new GMC pipe.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2009, 06:53:28 pm »
Damn my above post did not read quite as I was trying to say...sort of like the bit I just typed there. I was just foolishly chastising myself for being a bit tardy.
 Going on your news above Firko wonder just wonder if I could make some "safe changes" to a certain Honda sidecar that might see Noel getting a bit of track time in the future.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2009, 09:53:34 am »
Great job Firko ! well done !!
i'll be makin my donation as soon as i get off the forum an i'll bring a couple of bikes along for the show an shine

211kawasaki

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22:39 pm »
Mark
I would like to donate a personal EPIRB for the Auction or supply it somewhere similar to GMC and have the guys bid for it. These are the EPIRBS or PLB's more correctly that would save the life of a trail bike rider if they get lost, injured or otherwise in the backblocks. Its the new McMurdo Smartfind 211 PLB and retails for $749.00. (Im the Australian Distributor)
www.fastfindplb.com

Will make a good addition to a serious trail riders bum bag and should be manditory if you ride in remote areas.
On another note just letting you know that I will be down on the 15th with a few bikes Colin Metcher may also - see you there.
Dave

firko

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2009, 03:33:52 pm »
Fantastic Dave........How do you want to do it, as GMC has done with his great pipe auction or at the Show'n'shine?
This is a good idea. Does anybody else have a product they'd like to donate for a 'private' forum only auction?

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2009, 05:55:52 pm »
I'll donate this to auction, if anyone would like it.

It is signed by "Joel Roberts" and "Roger DeCoster",

the signage is (borrowed  ;)   :-X ) from CD5 and was the main sign directions to the "sign in" area.

If it brings in any money to help Noel, and someone with a liking of past Suzuki Champions and a little VMX Aussie style memorabilia.

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

firko

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2009, 05:59:13 pm »
I'll go first DJ...it'll fit in well with the rest of my 'borrowed' sign collection.....$50
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:05:22 pm by firko »

firko

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2009, 06:03:56 pm »
Mark
I would like to donate a personal EPIRB for the Auction or supply it somewhere similar to GMC and have the guys bid for it. These are the EPIRBS or PLB's more correctly that would save the life of a trail bike rider if they get lost, injured or otherwise in the backblocks. Its the new McMurdo Smartfind 211 PLB and retails for $749.00. (Im the Australian Distributor)
www.fastfindplb.com
Seeing I always seem to get lost when I'm out on the trails, I could do with a location beacon. It'd take more than a chocolate bar to kep me alive If I got lost in the wilderness! Here goes to kick it off....$100

Curly3

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2009, 06:22:23 pm »
I'll bid $100.00 for the VMX sign and $250.00 for the epirb.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »
$150 for the sign.

firko

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2009, 07:16:06 pm »
Sorry to interrupt the auction frenzy but I thought I'd drop in a donation tally update:
As of 10 minutes ago we've raised $2005.32 That's getting better! If you don't want to contribute directly why not bid on the GMC pipe or DJs sign or Daves PBL. I'll wait until these go off and then I'll put some items up for grabs myself.

Curly3

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2009, 08:07:01 pm »
$200.00 for sign.