Author Topic: Fund raiser Show'n'shine.  (Read 18164 times)

211kawasaki

Re: Fund raiser Show'n'shine.
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2009, 10:03:38 pm »
Ill bid $300 for the PLB myself

Curly3

« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2009, 10:17:09 pm »
There's still a fair bit of time left Dave, I'll go $350.00.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2009, 06:10:22 pm »
Mark

Tremendous effort you are putting in here. Im sure Noel and his family appreciate all the effort you are contributing on Noels behalf. Without sounding like I'm blowing smoke up your arse, you are a true ambassador for our sport.

Just as a thought; does everything donated to the auction need to be motorcycle related? Maybe there could be other products included. I dunno, stuff for the missus or kids. As a bonus here, we might get in the good books for a few rides without the usual "but i thought we might..."

I know I can dig up some stuff from when I was doing the resale thing at the markets....Surround Stereo speakers, video cameras and whatever else I can find.

Just a thought; Maybe someone here runs a hotel/motel/resort that can donate a room for a night or 2. Or a hairdresser/beautician treatment. Most of us struggle for ideas for gifts for the "ministry of all things wise" until it's in our face. Even better if the money is going to a wothy cause!

For what its worth Firko, IF there are any Victorians that would like to take a bike or 2 to the show n shine, The Bike Movers will donate the time to get them to the event and back FREE OF CHARGE. All I ask for is  fuel money there and back which can be divided among the guys wanting to take bikes. It might cost say $50ea if enough of us get onboard. I can comfortably take 14 bikes. The good thing here is, ALL bikes in my care will be fully insured for the trip. Any body who has seen my setup knows that the bikes will be treated with the utmost care.

MA also has a pretty impressive bike collection too Firko, maybe they can lend a bike or 2?

Let me know how I can donate the speakers etc.

Cheers. Mark
www.thebikemovers.com.au

Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

firko

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 06:45:30 pm »
Jeez Mark, what a ripper. Thanks for the nice words but I'm only one of a group of us putting this together.
You've bought up some great ideas for raising a buck for Noel. There's no restrictions on what you can donate mate. As long as we can get a quid for it....that'll do us. I love the idea for getting the guys up for the Show'n'Shine. If any Viccos want to come up, please let Mark know and get something going. As for the speakers and other stuff there are a number of ways to handle this...You could send the speakers up and we could auction them on the day, I could put them on eBay or, you could open up an auction on this forum similar to what GMC, Dave and DJ have done. It's your call. The forum auction seems to be an idea worth following but the concept may die from over exposure if too many do it at once. There's only so much money to go around. It's your call Mark, give it a shot  ;D

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2009, 07:46:52 pm »
How about i meet you somewhere on the hume near you on mornin of 27th? I am due up Sydney then. Or I can drop at your place. Your choice. That way I can save some dollars on postage as the speakers are pretty friggin big. And theres a Brand New mountain bike which will cost a fortune to courier.
 I think the best way to tackle this is to auction the stuff on the day so people can take it with them on the day. I will leave it up to you to decide what you want for it.  You can either send me a message or call me to let me know. Numbers are on the website.
I`ve already got 1 other mexican comming up with me.....a couple more would be better.  ::)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2009, 09:07:48 pm »
Firko i have taken a suzuki usa riding shirt,new,with Roger de Coster signing off the walls of the Kiwi  Klub Kevlar office at the Mermaid Bar and it is yours to Auction.I will send pics tomorrow night and you can load them on site
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2009, 01:27:05 pm »
HI Guys,
Please take a look at the For Sale section http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=10095.0

I have placed an extremely limited edition set of prints from the One Moment in Time page of VMX Magazine up for auction.
All proceeds to the Noel Clarke fund.

Happy bidding
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2009, 02:37:06 pm »
HI Guys,
3 More very rare VMX Classic Dirt posters are up for auction in the For Sale Section: http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=10097.0

Have a look and lets make some money for Noel.
Thanks
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

firko

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2009, 03:23:30 pm »
Hey guys, this is overwhelming but let's not forget Dave Tanners generous PLB auction and DJs autographed VMX sign.
I'm a bit worried they might get buried amongst the deluge of other auction items.

For those of you who aren't sure just what a PLB is, legendary love god Chuck Holley explains how a PLB works on thie following You tuve clip. Chuck displays a slightly different model but you'll get the message. I reckon this is a cool gadget for those who like to go bush on your bike or for anyone who takes a risk of being lost or hurt, miles from civilisation. Over to you Chuck.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjrC-9Kv2Gc
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:25:12 pm by firko »

firko

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2009, 04:53:43 pm »
come on guys....How about bidding on something that may just save your or someone closes life.
$375 on the PBL and $205 for the stolen sign!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:55:27 pm by firko »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2009, 04:59:03 pm »
DJ didn't steal that sign… he asked nicely.

and that is why Doc also has the CD Toilet sign in his… Toilet!!

Perhaps a VMX sticker on the PBL, or mentioning that it could be really helpful for Montesa riders [when their bike breaks down on the far side of the track].

Its all good
VMX42

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2009, 05:57:18 pm »
Ok. I wouldnt mind the PBL. There are there the odd times when I ride solo. $500 is my bid.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2009, 06:58:04 pm »
$220 for the sign

211kawasaki

« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2009, 09:52:22 am »
Hi Guys

go to

www.fastfindplb.com

you will find out about the PLB and how it can save you in the bush, also check out the AMSA website at www.beacons.amsa.gov.au

Regards

Dave T

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2009, 03:18:53 pm »
What about I donate 1/.an Autographed Jim Pomeroy Green Oval front plate, that will ad value to any Pursang.
2/. A Brad Lackey TShirt in Lge or XL.
3/. An Autographed Casy Stoner helmet Visor, thats worth $500 on Ebay anyday.