Author Topic: Large Bike Clearance - 18 Bikes - Must Sell  (Read 19466 times)

Simo63

Large Bike Clearance - 18 Bikes - Must Sell
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:50:44 PM »
Okay need to clear out a lot of bikes.

This is still a mass sale and as such I have only provided a brief description below however I can provide more details and pictures to individual genuine enquirers.

I know I haven't provided heaps of info but if you are interested in any of the bikes, please do not hesitate to ask me :)

1. 1982 XL500 RC - Acerbis tank. Could be registered. New top end    $1,750
2. 1982 XL500 RC - 41000 kms, Very neat and tidy    $1,750
3. 1983 RM80 - Recently raced, spent $500 on repairs    $900
4. 1983 RM80 - Runner, Running bike, needs resto                   $500
5. 1983 RM80 - Non runner, parts bike or resto project    $300
6. 1980 YZ100G - Needs ignition. New side covers    $500 - SOLD
7. 1980 YZ125G - Restored and genuinely race ready    $2,750 - SOLD
8. 1981 YZ125H - Restored and stored as display bike. DG Pipe    $2,600
9. 1973/4 CZ400 - Stunning $8K resto. Genuinely race ready    $5500 - WANT TO KEEP THIS SO CURRENTLY NOT FOR SALE UNLESS I REALLY HAVE TO SELL IT :(
10. 1982 XR500 RC - Stainless Pipe Great old bike, Runs well    $1,500
11. 1982 XR500 RC - Non Runner, $3k rebuild but now not running? Great project    $1,200
12. 1982 XR500 RC - Non Runner, needs work, Disk Brake front end. Great Project $1000
13. 1982 XR200 - Original bike. Project. Not running  $650
14. 1997 XR80 - Full engine rebuild. Spent over $1400 on this,  $1,000
15. 1989 CR250 - Genuinely race ready, fully restored    $5,400 - SOLD
16. GT250 - 197x model. Non runner. Located in Yackandandah    $350 - SOLD
17. 1983 XL350 Roller - No motor. $250

Late additions:
18. 1975 MT250 - Cosmetically challenged but a fantastic motor and original pipe incl muffler!! - $750 - SOLD

All prices ONO.

I have a bunch of parts I will sort out over the next few months (or years) and list as well.

Unless otherwise stated, the bikes are located on the QLD sunshine Coast. I can get them to Brisbane for $40 each.

PM me or call on 0407 654 564.

Please note there is no warranty with any of these bikes however if I have stated I have rebuilt the motor then it is rebuilt and you can expect it to be rebuilt. If I have not stated it's rebuilt but it is running then you can expect it to be used and useable but not new.

PLEASE NOTE: Rob from Full Load Transport (or Davison Clan Transport) is a top bloke and will move any of these bikes very economically.

Cheers
Simo
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:06:42 AM by Simo63 »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Bike Clearance - 31 Bikes - Must Sell
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
Wow, why?? :-\
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Simo63

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »

In a nutshell we have to sell our house to pay business debts and won't be able to move 40 plus bikes plus cars into a rental property.  Plus I need the cash to help pay the debts.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »

In a nutshell we have to sell our house to pay business debts and won't be able to move 40 plus bikes plus cars into a rental property.  Plus I need the cash to help pay the debts.

That's shit - sorry to hear it.
You know what the 89 KX is worth to me. Give me a yell if you want to get it out of your hair.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:11:04 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:53 PM »
Sorry to hear you're going through rocky times mate, good luck with the sales and hope you and the fam get through it all ok. Money causes many problems but a loving family and good health can get ya through anything :)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »
Sorry to hear you're going through rocky times mate, good luck with the sales and hope you and the fam get through it all ok. Money causes many problems but a loving family and good health can get ya through anything :)

Cheers, Brendan

You're right Brendan.  I've chased the almighty $$ too long now and it's time to invest in myself and my family a lot more.  Letting go and admitting failure is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with .. man that sounds soppy ... but it's so bloody true.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »
Bloody hell Craig, makes me sick in the guts to read your first reply to Brendan.
I had a couple of drinks with your lovely wife and at CD, she told me just how hard you work at those two outlets.

No shame there mate, you busted your ass for all the right reasons, you had a fair dinkum go for sure.
I hope you can cut em loose quickly and move on.
Good luck.

PS; would you ask your friends if they could get that GT250 to the Cookardinia vinduro for me this weekend please?
I would really like to stay there and relax instead of heading down to pick it up.
Please ask them?
The pics arent that important any more Simo
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:09:32 PM by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Simo63

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:08 PM »
Bloody hell Craig, makes me sick in the guts to read your first reply to Brendan.
I had a couple of drinks with your lovely wife and at CD, she told me just how hard you work at those two outlets.

No shame there mate, you busted your ass for all the right reasons, you had a fair dinkum go for sure.
I hope you can cut em loose quickly and move on.
Good luck.

PS; would you ask your friends if they could get that GT250 to the Cookardinia vinduro for me this weekend please?
I would really like to stay there and relax instead of heading down to pick it up.
Please ask them?
The pics arent that important any more Simo

Thanks Mick. I appreciate your thoughts and whilst it's bad for us if we can cut our losses now and get out we won't lose absolutely everything including our sanity and our relationship.  Not destitute just yet but we can't continue going down the way we are any longer.  Thankfully my wife is just incredible so hopefully we'll get through it.

I called them and the GT is a disc brake model. They will take some pics in the morning but can't drop it off for you unfortunately. It's okay if you don't want it mate, it's only an old bike so no sweat :)

Simo63

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune . Hope it all goes well . Unfortunately there will be many more clearance sales in the not so far future . The signs are popping up more and more .

Thanks Walter, held out longer than the other 5 franchisees that closed here on the Coast .. and the other 150 or so Australia wide that have gone to the wall .. and that's just in our pizza chain. Many more in our competitors have met the same fate.

On the upside I figured out how to make a small fortune .. start with a bigger one, buy a 7 day a week franchise in a unbelievably competitive business, work yourself 7 days a week not only in the businesses at the same time you have a full time day job elsewhere, until you no longer recognise who you are, who your wife or children are and then close the doors with large debts secured against the house you originally owned outright .... simple formula.

I joke about it (because I haven't any other option) but in all seriousness, if we can walk away from this with some of our previous assets, our relationship and family intact .. I've only very recently learnt that that's is a real win.

Offline Richo52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Sorry to hear of your predicament Simo ,like you said Wife and family more important ;-) Good luck with all the sales........Pm me if CR 250 sale doesn't eventuate cheers Richo.
SOME BIKES AND CARS

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »
that's tough..buts its happening all over...still a great weight will be lifted and another door will open.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that story. I should be able to spread the word about the RGV any pics?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Simo63

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:43:58 PM »
that's tough..buts its happening all over...still a great weight will be lifted and another door will open.

Absolutely spot on mate.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts .... I truly do ... and for those I say a big thank you.

This is a positive step for us and will help us move forward sooner rather than later.  The stress we've been under, whilst I have done my utmost to not show it, has been incredible and the thoughts that have gone through my head lately have been so negative it was very very unhealthy.

Like I said .. a positive move forward for us :)

Simo63

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 09:45:28 PM »
Sorry to hear that story. I should be able to spread the word about the RGV any pics?

Mate I haven't got any as I was never planning to sell it but I will get some over the weekend and post them (geez I hate using photobucket ;) )

Thanks for spreading the word :)

Simo63

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »
PLEASE NOTE: ROB FROM DAVIDSONS TRANSPORT SAID HE WILL SHIP ANY OF THESE BIKES FROM MY PLACE TO SYDNEY FOR $180 A BIKE OR TO MELBOURNE FOR $250 A BIKE ON THE 1ST OF OCTOBER RUN.  HOPE THIS IS OF ASSISTANCE TO ANYONE CONSIDERING TRANSPORT OPTIONS. 

THANKS ROB :)