Author Topic: Large Bike Clearance - 18 Bikes - Must Sell  (Read 19469 times)

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Bike Clearance - 31 Bikes - Must Sell
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »
Good luck with the sale mate , and be proud you got in and gave it a go . We all end up in the ground sooner or later and its better to get there knowing I gave it all and tried than getting there thinking , I wish I wish .

New beginnings  :)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
As William doe says above, and as you say accepting it helps. Well done and good luck, Baz
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »
I can understand exactly how you feel Craig.  I sold my house a number of years ago to buy a franchise, then the franchisor went broke, the GFC came along etc and I had to close the business and was left with massive debts.  But now you've finalised the closing of the shop, you'll notice a huge decrease in stress levels and worry, I know I did. 

Did you end up selling the 79 KX250 frame and bits and the KDX400 engine that you had?

Cheers
Andrew

Simo63

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »
I can understand exactly how you feel Craig.  I sold my house a number of years ago to buy a franchise, then the franchisor went broke, the GFC came along etc and I had to close the business and was left with massive debts.  But now you've finalised the closing of the shop, you'll notice a huge decrease in stress levels and worry, I know I did. 

Did you end up selling the 79 KX250 frame and bits and the KDX400 engine that you had?

Cheers
Andrew

Hey Andrew. I tell you what mate, I've am really shocked at how many people have called or emailed me within the last 24 hours (and one other top bloke a few months back that I confided in from here) with offers of help or with stories saying that they've been through a very similar situation. Not that it makes me feel any better to know others have suffered of course, but knowing that I'm not the only one to have done this really is helpful.  The feeling of personal failure and that I have failed my family is almost over whelming to be honest and as much as I try to hide it, it has impacted more on me as a person than I would like to admit .. until now :)

To answer your question, the KX's and the rest of the KX and KDX Kawasaki gear was left off the list because I'm pretty sure, in fact I'm almost certain, that Piney is taking the lot off my hands the weekend after Bathurst (have to get our priorities right :) ).  Piney has always had first option on these bikes so that has to run it's course first before any one else is approached.  You would be one of those people in the unlikely event that doesn't eventuate :)

Cheers and thanks :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:24:11 PM by Simo63 »

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »
sent your list around to the guys in WA, hope it all comes good for you Craig

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Simo63

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »
sent your list around to the guys in WA, hope it all comes good for you Craig

Barry

Thanks Barry :)

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »
Hey there Simo, I'm interested in the BSA. Pm me when you can with info

Simo63

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
Hey there Simo, I'm interested in the BSA. Pm me when you can with info

PM sent.  If you PM me back with your email address I will send you a couple of pictures of this stunning machine :)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »
Shite Simo.....life can go curly when we least expect it. The choice to close my business was a very hard decision as I felt like I was a failure. Even if I did nearly kill myself with the ridiculous hours I spent behind the wheel and managing the business, it was my business that I built from the ground up. But, at the end of the day, it saved (what's left of) my health and my relationship, which was (is) more valuable than the silly spondoolies I was earning. At least you have some equity to keep yourself afloat. They're only toys mate, someone else will love them just as much as you do. Keep your chin up and remember there is always another chapter waiting on the next page.  ;)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 08:06:41 AM »
To most people on the street, you are a rich affluent SOB if you own & run your own business. They don't see the money, hours or stress involved. The cost of government compliance to be in business & the fuc#*d system of employing people where the employers lose all their rights, is enough to send anyone around the twist, then the tax man says I'll have all your cash flow every three months as well thanks! Don't feel the least bit of a failure Simo, you had a go, helped our government pay for the derro's & boat people for a while but have now realized your flogging a dead horse & it's time for a change. Once you get past your mind your life will improve no end.
K

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 08:28:26 AM »
1971 BSA B50 MX   Very nicely restored but I've not had it running    $5,500

Can you please send pics to slakewell at bigpond.com
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Simo63

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
Thanks again for the messages of support from those that have sent them in various forms, it is sincerely appreciated.

I have updated the ad as a few have sold already.

Offline the farm

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 09:38:51 PM »
hi simo, good to see you have a plan to get free of this debt and have the support of your family , to quote dylan " theres no success like failure...." . I know a few people who have been burnt badly  by this franchise stuff and i feel its as bankrupt  an idea as the american dream,  theres brighter days ahead for you and your family.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »
We are so sorry to hear whats happened its sent shivers up our spine, all the best to you and your family, it wasnt from the lack of trying or hard work, that's what Erks me  >:(

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »

Sorry to hear of your troubles Craig but don't (As others have rightly said) consider yourself a failure mate, you had the guts to try.

I have taken the safe route of sticking with the same company for 37 years.

Could have made a fortune in the "Real" world but too chicken shit to try.

Hope everything works out for you & your family. As you said, they are the important things in your life.
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?