Author Topic: Is anyone else this silly  (Read 22146 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else this silly
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 05:55:45 PM »
I while back I was spraying the weeds in my yard with roundup, took an hour or so & used the complete 5 odd litres(lotsa weeds  : ;)),as I was putting the sprayer away I noticed the full vial of poison sitting on the bench,yeah that's right I forgot to put it in & had just given all those bastard weeds a nice little drink of water ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :) 

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:45 PM »
You can protest all you like Suzy59 but I reckon it was deliberate.
That's gold.
As for doing dumb things, I've done too many to mention.
I will elaborate on one.
Way back when road bikes had both front & rear number plates I was at my fathers bike shop on school holidays, approx 74 which would make me 14.
Mad keen to help, I was given the task of fitting a front number plate bracket to a brand spanking T250 Suzuki, yep, drilled straight through the front guard and into the tyre.
I'm sure I aint the only one?

EBT

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 06:27:37 PM »
I while back I was spraying the weeds in my yard with roundup, took an hour or so & used the complete 5 odd litres(lotsa weeds  : ;)),as I was putting the sprayer away I noticed the full vial of poison sitting on the bench,yeah that's right I forgot to put it in & had just given all those bastard weeds a nice little drink of water ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :)

That's funny  ;D

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
I landed at Clarkefield last year with everything ,including the kitchen sink .Got the girls up and running and got my gear out and I had picked up the wrong gear bag .A small helmet [pink] and 8 year olds riding gear . Thanks for lending me a lid pete .still had a great weekend . thanks shane .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »
Mate woke up with a hangover and brushed his teeth with deepheat.

Now that would have been funny  :D. Seen a fellow at the gp camp ground drink 2 mouthfuls of smelly black bong water thinking it was coke first thing in the morning. He had the hide to complain that everyone should have told him he was about to drink it  ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline AJ

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
Middle of summer working on the farm in the stinking heat.
Came in for lunch, poured a glass of water from the fridge & sculled it.
Unfortunately mum had put the white vinegar in the fridge by accident.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
A friend was doing the timing at the downhill mountain bikes. Had her dog tied to a tree. Had his tucker on a fold out table and left it for a moment to talk to someone. Weird looking golden coloured pellets. Along came a downhiller who asked me if could have a handful. Help yourself I said and added it was the new Red Bull energy food. I left before he worked out I was having a loan of him. J

EBT

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 08:19:33 PM »
This thread has me laughing , so many thing's that bring a smile to my dile, are the memory's keep them coming fella's  :)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »
one of my best was deciding to do an oil change on my Monaro in the middle of 2nd year uni final exams (does the term sleep deprivation come to mind?) anyhoo, up on the hoist (we had a servo then ) drain the oil, plug in and drop the hoist at which point I hear the "dinners ready" call.

an hour later im at the train boom gates wondering what the clunking is I can feel in the clutch pedal..... yep.

5 kms and not a drop in it.

was a good motor, still running 2 years later when I flogged it (bit rattly at the top end though ::)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:32 PM »
we use a chemical in our thickners called flocculant - to make the mud settle faster and clear the water.  In our lab one night one of the operators went and dropped the slurry samples off - opened up the storage fridge (in the lab remember) couldn't read english and took a big swing of this tacky, slimy gooey flocc - I reckon he farted bubbles for a week.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 08:36:37 PM »
I remember leaving an inattentive apprentice to drain fork oil during a service. Left him to it....how much trouble can you get into? Tip #1, remember to check if you are draining air assisted forks. Tip #2, don't sit in line with the drain screw.
It took ages for him to clean himself and the workshop up ;D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »
Is anyone else this silly???   Yes. :(
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 09:28:55 PM »
You can protest all you like Suzy59 but I reckon it was deliberate.
That's gold.
As for doing dumb things, I've done too many to mention.
I will elaborate on one.
Way back when road bikes had both front & rear number plates I was at my fathers bike shop on school holidays, approx 74 which would make me 14.
Mad keen to help, I was given the task of fitting a front number plate bracket to a brand spanking T250 Suzuki, yep, drilled straight through the front guard and into the tyre.
I'm sure I aint the only one?

Did it go down :)

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
I Went to Fiji 22 years ago for a mates 21st party .
I had a few beers on the plane ride as you do, I picked up my bag  ??? on the turntable at the airport my mate grabbed my bag and chucked it in the boot, he said its bloody heavy I said yep what eva ::)
drank more beer that night , I got up in the morning and couldnt find my bag I asked my mate where it was he said there it is , that's not mine I grabbed someone else"s bag  :-[
I had to go back to the airport and full out heaps of paper work to say I hadn't been through the bag
my bag was still there :o

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 09:47:14 PM »
I've done lots of silly things in my time, I'm not going to tell you about them though.

But I will tell you about what My brother did though, we were at a club day at 3 bridges, time to start the bikes, my brothers bike wouldn't start, the more time he spent trying to get it going the mad'er he got, a few of the club members came over to help, one bloke asked if he had taken the rag out  before putting the pipe back on, he snapped back at him saying of cause I did, do you think I'm stupid, with that said they left him to it, just as well, he did leave the rag in the barrel, he looked around to see if anyone saw it & then said to me don't tell anyone  ;D