Author Topic: 2012 Australian" Post Classic "National Championships Tasmania  (Read 25811 times)

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Australian" Post Classic "National Championships Tasmania
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2012, 07:54:08 PM »
Guys,
Entry is bad at the moment but we cant make riders enter. I know that there is riders out there that are going to enter but haven't done so yet So PLEASE PLEASE if you are going to enter please do now.  Our club has put there hand up to run the post classic as no other club came forward to hold the first split championships. I do agree with Mark the first Champs would possibly have been better on a mainland State but we now have to make the best of the event as no others applied. I have sent emails to all VMX associations QVMX,Viper and Heaven and asked for help to send out entry's and flyer's etc. but I didn't here back from anyone. But thats fine I am not blaming anyone for the economic down turn I know that things are very tight at the moment and it is not just in VMX our Tasmanian modern MX championships this year have suffered a 50% Down turn in entry's. It is very worrying at the moment but what can we do.

I personally would like a club from Victoria or NSW to apply for the Post Classic Championships next year as the rider numbers would be considerable compared to other states in these tough times.

We are considering running Modern support races with prize money to get the entrys up and help with the considerate cost of putting on an Australian Championship.
So some of you guys could bring your modern bike as well as your vintage bike and maybe win enough to pay for your trip as well as a Australian Championship.
What do you think? anyone got any ideas etc? i would appreciate the help

Cheers
Fatboy

Shane Fraser
President
Launceston MX and Scramble Club

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »

I did speak with Ken and the boys from VMX before our date was chosen when we chose our date they didnt know when or where CD 9 was even going to be held. So we went for early August as Ken thought cd may have been Oct ,November ??? I dont think that the date is that much of a problem as the economic down turn, people have got to understand that Myself and several others from Tasmania attend 4 or 5 events a year all over Australia and it costs us $2000 a turn to attend but we keep supporting these events and clubs to keep VMX going so now it is your turn to help support us.

cheers
Fatboy

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
Any one from Qld going that can take a bike after the C/Dale Classic.   

Montynut

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
I have sent emails to all VMX associations QVMX,Viper and Heaven and asked for help to send out entry's and flyer's etc. but I didn't here back from anyone.

Your flyer was posted or emailed to all Heaven members some weeks ago (shortly after it arrived). The flyer and Sup regs are also available on our WEB page.

Part of the problems is that by the time most clubs are notified that nominations are open to run the Nationals often it is only a couple of weeks before the closing date. This gives very little time for a state wide club to inform members and arrive at a democratic decision to nominate to run such a large meeting. I am not blaming anyone just saying.

The other problem is that a Club Committee are nominating to run an expensive and very resource hungry meeting that very possibly a completely new Committee has to take up and actually run.

The cost and risk of these meetings is taken on by a relatively small club (from an economic sense) when in actual fact they are running it on behalf of Motorcycling Australia and many of the requirements and conditiond are set and not negotiable. Again I am not blaming anyoine just saying.

From all reports the Tassie club will do a fantastic job and have experience in running such meetings. It is very unfortunate that the cost involved in main land riders getting there is so high. I realise that the Tasmanian competitors face this everytime but it is a big shock to most people.

Offline dt tas

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2012, 05:57:12 AM »
It,s a Nationals most know where and when they are been held the date was at the start of this post on oct/19/11 there was plenty of notice  cheers George

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2012, 06:51:30 AM »
Shane, It is great you guys put your hand up and well done for doing it, the track looks great and it should be a great event. If you need to run modern events in between the Vintage races to make the event viable then that seems reasonable. It will also bring more spectators to the track. I think the only danger would be if you shortened the title races or added modern style table tops, doubles, triples etc to the track. If the moderns make the track a bit rougher in sections, well that is true MX and the EVO and Pre 85 bikes had the suspension to handle it. I think you are correct about the unfortunate timing and the economic down turn. In my business we have certainly noticed a downturn and are battling to maintain momentum. I haven't entered but really want to make the event. For me, waiting until the last minute is the best I can do to see if I can scrape together the $ at the time. :-\
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

maico police

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »
I think the only danger would be if you shortened the title races or added modern style table tops, doubles, triples etc to the track.

Pre 90 down to EVO bikes are more than capable of handling modern tracks. You have about 12 "s of suspension to play with. Plenty of quads and triples around in the early eighties. It isn't a club day It's an Australian Title meeting. This should be one of the pluses for any organizing club. They can run with what they have which should already satisfy MA standards.
I just doubt many clubs know what's needed to run this post classic meeting and think it might just be all (us and our constant whining about modern tracks) too hard to cater to.....

Montynut

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
It,s a Nationals most know where and when they are been held the date was at the start of this post on oct/19/11 there was plenty of notice  cheers George
Sorry mate I was not suggesting that notice to the competitors to enter the meeting was late as your club has done a great job in every aspect as far as I can see.

I re-read my post and thought it was clear. Anyway

I was suggesting that the expression of interest calling for any promoter/club to nominate to run the Nationals from MA via the LCB (MNSW, MV, etc) is late getting to the clubs. This leaves little time for clubs to get their nomination organised and therefore don't even bother.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:36:01 PM by Montynut »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »
I was suggesting that the expression of interest calling for any promoter/club to nominate to run the Nationals from MA via the LCB (MNSW, MV, etc) is late getting to the clubs. This leaves little time for clubs to get their nomination organised and therefore don't even bother.

Interested clubs all know its there and when to keep an eye out for Title submissions.If clubs are unaware or not interested they wont bother looking for it.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2012, 07:18:34 PM »
Montynut,
MA would be happy to except an expression of interest from any club to hold a Australian Championship now.
If Heaven or Viper etc wants to hold the Post Classic Championships next year 2013 please let us know now as there to this stage is no club put there hand up for this Championships. I would love to lock in a NSW club to hold the championships for next year.

cheers
Fatboy

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
Plenty of quads and triples around in the early eighties.

Yes there were Mont, but built in a format that suited the bikes of the times. I said 'Modern Style' which in my opinion are beyond what we used to race, and potentially dangerous for Vintage bikes, but maybe my memory is fading...
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2012, 06:14:17 AM »
Seems a whole lot of discussion for the sake of it really. From what I can see those eras aren't well supported locally so the majority have to come from the main land. The main reasons why main landers aren't coming is a combination of too far, too expensive and/ or can't afford it. Neither the track design or what the club has/ hasn't done won't be factors. The club has the runs on the board with a very successful combined nats a little while back and as far as I can see are putting their best foot forward.
I just spent the day yesterday riding around two modern tracks with table tops and a set of stutters and managed to pass quite a few young ones on moderns. Track design is irrelevant .
I don't agree with alternate nationals every year either. Pre 78 will have a good turn out each year as they are the grass roots of vintage. If anything, the post vintage nationals could be every second year if anything.
I also think that if the pre78 nationals were held at Tasmania , they would have the numbers.

Offline dt tas

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »
Hi all if it's helps fellow riders get to the Nats I can offer free accomadation for any genuine riders /helper for the nats 2 double beds,  2 single beds,plus plenty of floor space room in shed for bikes .60-70 min from track ,15 min from Launceston 5 min from airport    Cheers george       

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
dito to George's offer but a further 3hrs away in Wynyard . a queen bed and work shop/ garage .   Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »
Wanted to do both Nats, but just not enough time between events {8/9 weeeks} :( :(
Couple of CR`s