Author Topic: 2012 Australian" Post Classic "National Championships Tasmania  (Read 25791 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Australian" Post Classic "National Championships Tasmania
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2012, 10:59:20 PM »
Wanted to do both Nats, but just not enough time between events {8/9 weeeks} :( :(
if they where week apart in same state would also be of a great bonus.As is,lets all try our best at attending/promoting.... entries close 20th July. Cheers a
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:42:40 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »
.As is,lets all try our best at attending.... entries close 20th July. Cheers a
So you will be attending?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
.As is,lets all try our best at attending/promote edit    ;).... entries close 20th July. Cheers a
So you will be attending?
Not at this point in time,though there is always Saturday Lotto  :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »
Ten days till entries close, tell  your pre 90 vmx mates. 8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2012, 06:01:53 AM »
Entries have been extended to 27th and have added some modern support classes to bump up the numbers
entry's are starting to come in slowly lets hope they come with a rush soon

new altered supp regs on MA website

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »
Well she's all over "Red Rover"  >:(

Cannot believe the interest we can have with the length of a travel in a pre 78 fork, but no interest in supporting what is a great idea of a split Aus titles..

Oh well!! "Conondale Classic" bring it on.... looks like I wont have to worry about getting the bikes cleaned and packed to get to Melbourne in a couple of days anymore.. :'(
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTICE  To All The Australian Post Classic Championship on the 10,11 & 12th August 2012  to be conducted by the Launceston Motocross and Scramble Club inc at Santarenna Park Bridport Tasmania.Due to lack of entrys in all classes our club executive has regrettably voted to cancel the upcoming event. We debated this decision for many hours and came to the conclusion that we had no alternative but to cancel the event as there is only 12 entrys which included only 3 from other states .
I personally am saddened by this decision as this being the first year of the CMX / CDT split championships I was hoping to have a good turn out to match the Classic Championships earlier this year and then knowing that the Commission had made the right decision to split the championships.

I am very upset that the mainland riders didn't support this event and our club seeing that the dates were released in October last year
Thankyou to those riders who made the effort to entry and I am sorry for the inconvenience
All entry moneys will be refunded

Regards
Shane Fraser
President
Launceston MX and Scramble Club inc. 

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »
Shane,
Thanks for you and your club putting your hand up for the event.

I'm sure it would have been well organised and heaps of fun if you had the support from the rest of the VMX community.

Sorry that you and your committee have had to work so hard for little result. I guess the "moons" have just not aligned this year.
All the best

Slawesy
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2012, 11:10:39 PM »
Sad to read this Shane but I think you made the right descision in the end, I know how much work would have gone into your event and I hope the club doesnt loose too much from a financial point of view. All the best to you and your crew and remember something good always comes out of something bad.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2012, 07:52:47 AM »
Ok 2 questions here-1/where does MA stand on all of this?? Surely they should assist in this somewhere.
                            2/where does that leave the title-is it in no-mans land or can another club take it on?

Offline Viper65

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
Just from my point of view... I did kick it around a couple of times and researched the logistics of getting to TAS with trailer and several bikes, but the location and the time of year made me rethink.  If it had been held in the warmer months at the beginning of the year when the days are longer and the weather warmer it would have been more pleasant for camping, riding and drinking beer/talking crap and the location would have been an issue during summer.
Maybe next time consider Feb or March?
Anyway, thanks for putting in the time/effort as I think this split is a good idea.
Suzuki RM370B, RM400C, RM400N, RM250D, RM250K, PE250 (82), KTM 250GS (81), KTM350GS (88), XR600 x 2, RMZ450 x 2 (07 and 012), KTM250 EXC, Gas Gas 125 (08), Gas Gas 250 (10) Trials & TTR125 and XR80 (82)
Author of Scooter News

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2012, 08:42:46 AM »
It still leaves us with a vacant pre85 title for 2012. The history books are getting filled with 'non events'
Toowoomba have tentively put up their hand (Echo Valley is old bike savey, and who doesn't want to ride one of Aust top circuits?)
 What about any other states??

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
I may have missed progress on this - is there to be a Pre 85 Championships this year?

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »
I may have missed progress on this - is there to be a Pre 85 Championships this year?

Cancelled due to lack of entries.Last weekend.A wine was had in mourning.  :( 
Best is in the West !!