Author Topic: Dead Dog Racing - quite amazing!  (Read 21442 times)

mx250

Re: Dead Dog Racing - quite amazing!
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 10:18:32 am »
i might just do that and then I can take the missus and kids for extravagant holidays without leaving the house he he he :D
That's one way of reducing your 'carbon footprint'...maybe the way of the future  ::)

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 07:58:21 pm »
evo550. While you were watching Burgess and Gak. That was me down the back of the field about half a lap behind on a Cr250m1  thinking that I was going to some how catch up ;D Do you know what ever happened to Robin Burgess?? He just seemed to disappear off the map. Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2008, 05:08:54 pm »
Hey Darcy
You fully mended yet and racing?
Rosco, Mackay

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 04:48:31 am »
Paul, as long as they're seperate the shipment is regarded as parts and therefore you don't need a pink slip or import licence. No problem with them being in the same shipment.

it looks like great minds think alike, I bought a very rare CR 250 M 1974 ex the USA using the same party trick- I could not get a pink slip, resorted to bringing in the bike in three boxes, the one with the motor has still to arrive.

It appears that Australians and South Africans can both be devious when it comes to get prize bikes out of California. Side item is that you cannot ship any bike out of LAX without a certicicate confirming that the bike has no oil or petrol in it. Believe it or not one of my bikes a 1983 YZ 490 arrived in South africa with all its oil and a almost full tank of petrol.  ;)
Old and slow - and happy

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 10:28:09 am »
Rosco. Not mended yet but getting close. I was up that way the other day tried to ring you but the phone number I have isn't working. Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2008, 11:15:03 am »
Darcy
Have moved into town. If coming through ring 4942 9952 0r 0417784444. Just about finished the CCM so I'm going to give her a fling around this year. And just for a real laugh I'm retoring a 125 to see if it will actually carry me around. If you are looking to go south later in the year for a couple of events give mme a holler and we might be able to lower costs and share.
Rosco.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2008, 10:50:18 am »
Forgive me pls for a hijack here but it appears not all are getting the 'noise emmisions' debate.
Another thread has appeared in the Competition page as 'Decibels'.
This is serious. Fatboy advises it all comes to a head when the Board meets on 26 March.
I'm cutting and pasting from that thread into a couple of the high interest threads (like this one) in the hope some will respond to the noise emmisions issue:

Jeez fellas, Fatboy says MA have received only six or eight responses to the noise limit debate!
That is tragic - and hardly a groundswell of dissent.
How many members are on this Forum......?

Given the volume of written traffic on this Forum can we pls all make an effort to send a letter to MA?
Fatboy has provided the link (and it's no different to posting on this Forum).

[email protected]

We have eleven days left before the Board meets on 26 March.
Pls send a few lines ASAP.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 07:24:11 pm »
[quote
. The poor American dollar and the ease of shopping via eBay have contributed to a boom like nothing we've ever seen. He reckons that after the Harley and muscle car import boom, the vintage motocrosser market is the new money maker.  Another good thing about this is that we are seeing an influx of bikes never seen here in great numbers like KTM 495s, CCMs, Cheneys and such, making the sport just that little bit more interesting.  

So how is DDRacing going in the ozvmx world,, ???  not too many pre 75 plenty of pre85.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2010, 08:33:14 am »
$6500 for a 79 CR 125 :D. Lots of ITs there for you guys in vinduro. I have heard a bad thing with DDR but dont know the full story to make judgment. This guy is the only person I have herd of buying a bike off them. Has any body on here bought 1 ???.

Wotto29

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 09:23:48 am »
Yes I've brought from DDR. First bike was about 4 months ago and Wade (the owner) was excellent to deal with, from the first phone call right up to delivery he kept me informed
and the bike was even better than the photos showed. He did everything he said he would. I have now just purchased another bike from him, this 1 is still in the States and I
wont see this for about 8 weeks. Both bikes are 89 Honda's the first a CR250 the most recent a CR500. I believe DDR's prices are very reasonable and I would not hesitate to buy from them again. All I need now is for Heaven VMX to get up to speed with the other states and introduce a Pre 90 class. How's that I've been following this forum since day 1 and this is my first post. Maybe thats a sign of how pleased I am with my purchases from DEAD DOG RACING !!!

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:03 am »
i bought a chinese bike off them about a year and a half ddr 200mx its a crf 80 lookalike i thought they were great to deal with.the bike has been great never had a drama with it and its still got the original battery for the electric and it works.i know of places selling the same bike just with blue plastics and silver motor way over twice the price.anytime ive rang to ask them anything theyve been great.most of the bikes look pretty clean and tidy the look better in the flesh than in there photos.they have a company by the same name in america which i think was started first,they also have a couple of restored bikes the one i remember most was i think was a late60's maico,they also havr a couple of nicely restored rm's and yz's.all in all i thought they were great to deal with and would recommend them to anyone.cheers gary

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 09:34:50 am »
they also advertised some where that they can or help ship i bike you buy off say ebay it comes over in their container wiyh there bikes.cheers gary

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 06:36:01 pm »
I bought a yamaha MX360A from them, that supposedly only had a problem with the decompression lever.  Sorry wrong, needed new bearings and seals, rebore etc, etc.  Was not happy with what i paid for.
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2010, 06:42:56 pm »
i bought a old alpha 1 490 for the parts i need for my frankenbike /engine wheels forks then scrapped the rest

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:37 pm »
I have never bought from him, but I work just down the road from his old show room, I have run an eye across a few bikes for some out of town buyers, all I will say is that alot of his bikes had major and serious issues that never got mentioned in any of his online adverts.