Author Topic: Dead Dog Racing - quite amazing!  (Read 21444 times)

Maico31

Re: Dead Dog Racing - quite amazing!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 04:00:36 pm »
About 10 grand Paul. Firko is that Roly Leahy (lives just near me), how much per bike do they charge?

firko

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 04:14:42 pm »
John..I won't know until our stuff is unloaded next week. The bike I'm bringing in is dismantled and in seperate boxes so it's a different price to a complete bike. Give Peter or Michael a ring at Roly Leahys to get a more accurate price than I can give you.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 04:25:12 pm »
firko does it mater if the frame and engine come in the same shipment ,in regard to title or no title

firko

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 04:28:12 pm »
Paul, as long as they're seperate the shipment is regarded as parts and therefore you don't need a pink slip or import licence. No problem with them being in the same shipment.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 04:41:19 pm »
Paul,
Roly just bought one in for me from the states as "Parts" and it cost me a total of $415 including g.s.t almost cheaper than Sydney to Brisbane. The main problem and cost is if the bike doesn't come from the L.A. area it can get expensive getting it to his packer in Long Beach. Depends on where you buy the bike and how willing the seller is to go that little bit extra for you I guess.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 04:46:37 pm »
Roly charged me $1300 to import a ktm 495 from Long Beach Calif. My seller took the bike on the back of his ute from las Vegas down to long beach for about $150. I also figured out a nice way of making sure that the seller is who he sais he is on ebay, I get the physical address and google earth it then i look around for a item that i ask them to describe, I got the address from this last guy and google earthed it, saw that his neighbour had a "L" shaped pool, so i phoned the seller up and asked him to describe his neighbours pool, he described it exactly as it was , he thought i had gone mad but when i told him I was now sure of his address he realised that the world is a very small place indeed.  
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Quicksilver

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2008, 04:56:30 pm »
F&%k that. Who wants people peeping around your back yard via the net. Makes you think very long and hard about just how much info you provide to people. I for one certainly dont want strangers entering my back yard.......... Damn I thought that was only possible in movies or by the military/Goverment. Didn't think just anyone could log onto net and do it.  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:05:02 pm by Quicksilver »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2008, 04:58:04 pm »
thank s you guys for  the info  watch this space for comeing attractions   ;) ive done that quicky  checked out brads place once  ;D looked  in maico james back yard tooo  :o this internet is an amazeing tool  ive even got a lap top in my truck with a wireless conection so i can ebay at work chopping trees , you can get free internet just about any were and unlimited down load from some one
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:03:11 pm by paul »

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2008, 09:09:10 pm »
quicksilver you'll be surprised what is available today, but I hope you never get taken by an arsehole who is'nt who he says he is cos thats the most frustrating thing ever..
Unfortunately those of us that have been ripped off big time have to resort to safeguarding our hard earned bucks from bullshitters.
ps please can you chop the top branches off your tree, you know the one next to your garage cos its obscuring my view of your blonde neighbour. :o ;D
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2008, 09:49:09 pm »
Roly charged me $1300 to import a ktm 495 from Long Beach Calif. My seller took the bike on the back of his ute from las Vegas down to long beach for about $150. I also figured out a nice way of making sure that the seller is who he sais he is on ebay, I get the physical address and google earth it then i look around for a item that i ask them to describe, I got the address from this last guy and google earthed it, saw that his neighbour had a "L" shaped pool, so i phoned the seller up and asked him to describe his neighbours pool, he described it exactly as it was , he thought i had gone mad but when i told him I was now sure of his address he realised that the world is a very small place indeed. 

That.
Is.
Cool.

Wish I'd thought of it!
But then again, I live in a country town outside of the USA, so my whole house is - for the time being - indistinguishable on Google Earth.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Quicksilver

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2008, 10:21:01 pm »
quicksilver you'll be surprised what is available today, but I hope you never get taken by an arsehole who is'nt who he says he is cos thats the most frustrating thing ever..
Unfortunately those of us that have been ripped off big time have to resort to safeguarding our hard earned bucks from bullshitters.
ps please can you chop the top branches off your tree, you know the one next to your garage cos its obscuring my view of your blonde neighbour. :o ;D

Mate I understand safeguarding yourself, I really do. I think we all have been ripped at sometime or another. I was shocked to think it was possible to do such thing via the net..

Nah.. I will leave the tree mate ;D My topless sunbaking blonde neighbour, Ya really dont want to see that. ..  ;D ;D

mx250

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 07:54:12 am »
Sorry to disappoint you Quickie but you won't see in that detail  :-[.

My daughter did an educational tour to the US recently, staying at a host family and attending a host school. Using Google Earth she had a pretty good idea of the home and neighbourhood, and the school. She was also able to trace her trip to school including a 'birds eye' virtual trip.

Awesome and informative for her and us.

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 08:47:41 am »
I got on Google Earth one day and had a look at the old MX track that hasn't been used in Barcaldine for about 15 years and you can see it , even though you cann't see a mark on the ground standing in the paddock looking for it. You can even see parts of the old Blackwater MX track that hasn't been used since the late 70's. Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 10:07:10 am »
The old Barcy track, brings back memories, watching Gak and Burgess with my mouth wide open as a kid.
Then racing with the Smith bros and Duncan Hale.
Ahh the good old days.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 10:13:16 am »
I think you can purchase much higher resolution up to date google earth images, the free to air one is a snap shot every 3 or 4 years with low resolution. So if you really want to see detail you have to purchase the real big brother one. i might just do that and then I can take the missus and kids for extravagant holidays without leaving the house he he he :D