Author Topic: Retro MX - Pre '90 comes to NSW  (Read 10132 times)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Retro MX - Pre '90 comes to NSW
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
Stuff the EVO rules as they make as much sense as those who made them, this club should be about bums on seats and not excluding who wants to ride.
(Ie letting 80-81 model Kawies on the line in a competitive field).

Ultimately you would run 78-82, 83-85 and 86-89, I can see it now...bring on the RETO NATS!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
ah , but will the evo guys want to race on those rough tracks, you know how those newer bikes stuff the track!!!

Cheers Worms

:D Not a bad call for an old bloke, not bad at all.  :)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 06:16:22 AM »
Hey Shaun,

First question of merit... what will you do with a guy who shows up with an evo bike? Is he allowed to ride / race?

Will you invite anyone with an evo bike? An evo / pre85 / pre90 day would be pretty compact dont you think? 12 motos approx. done by 1pm, most everyone's home for dinner.

Stirring the brown steemers as usual.

Rudy
xxx ooo xxx

Hey ER

General concensus at the meeting was we embrace bikes from around 1980 onwards. So yep EVO and Pre '85 bikes are more than welcome to our events.

Much love my brother  ;D ;D ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 06:59:17 AM »
Good luck with your events  :) its good to see you blokes putting up after much discussion on this forum .

May i ask why you would cut off at 1980 though  ??? if somone with an older bike rocked up to your meetings would you let them ride or turn them away and why .

Its probably unlikley that many with older bikes would choose to race with the later bikes but some may do . I have bikes from the 60s, 70,s 80,s 90,s and current but i like to ride my 70,s eras bkes at most events .

Obviously when you are fielding full grids of 1980 on bikes and the register is aimed at the owners of those bikes then people with older bikes would have to take a back seat.

Good luck with the new register look forward to a report and photos from lakes  :)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 08:51:43 AM »
Hi Bill
HEAVEN is the place to ride your pre '78 and earlier bike in NSW. They have told us clearly that what we propose (pre '90) is not even on their radar and this is why the new register even exists. To encourage earlier bikes to join us seems conter productive to promoting pre '90 in this state.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »
Hi Shaun,

just go with the flow mate, you will find MA clearly states that all class's are era end dates, ie pre 75 , pre78, except evo, meaning any bike can enter that class made prior to that year! so you could have some turkey turning up on a pre70 and wanting to enter, just let them, its more dollars for your club and theres no agro.

Cheers Worms

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
Sure Trev but we don't intend to encourage the earlier bikes. That is not what we are about. We are a register devoted to bikes from the eighties HEAVEN already covers vintage bikes down here very well.
Cheers
Shaun
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:59:13 AM by Sugar »

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 01:10:31 PM »
Well done Shaun the replys look great Sorry I did not get over on Saturday but will be up for the next one The Lakes is a great track and it will be great to have a ride.
I have a lot on but if you need any help with setting up anything give me a call I still have all the old paper work from when we started HEAVEN list of names emails and old news letters just for ideas. Good luck Talk soon (Sorry I will take that back you dont need the luck its going to happen.)

G'day John
Mate thanks. I look forward to having a chat on Sunday. If you could bring anything you have from the early days that would be great.
Cheers
Shaun

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 12:43:25 PM »
Hey guy's,

Just a quick update on our ride this Sunday at Lakes.

Great News. Nick Dole from Teknik Racing http://www.teknikracing.com/ has agreed to bring his mobile workshop and years of experience along this Sunday.

Nick has a long history of working with some of Australia's top off road riders and his input will be greatly appreciated by those of us who don't have a clue on suspension tuning.

Thanks Nick and I promise not to take up too much of your time  8)

Cheers
Shaun

Evil Rudy

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »
... and for his own safety, Rudy has been banned from the work shop at Teknik and is not currently allowed to travel to events.

Lucky you guys.

Cuddles,
ER

Offline middo24

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
Hey shaun, how good will the weekend be at the lakes, cant wait , just what was needed for us EVO - pre 90 RIDERS , see you & all the other guys then ,middo
just an old fart with a  69 250 Persang, C&J XR500,89 YZ125 ,89CR250 & CRF450

Evil Rudy

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
OK who's showing up, you Satanic VMX wanna bees? Make sure you ask Nick a lot of questions. He really likes sharing... you have been warned.

It seems I may have tracked down an 88 RM250 for US$500. The way the currency is going, if I wait another week, he'll have to pay me to ship it to Australia.

I was just accosted by three wheeled freaks / side car racers in a quiz thread. They're a serious lot... seriously fricken' nuts.

Anyone got a container comming to Oz?

Love ya' ted-e-bear

Rudy,
xxooxx

suzuki43

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 06:33:09 AM »
Rudy you lemon
Email or call Firko and or email this handsome man scottytay@gmail.com he has a contact for you.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:53 AM »
Get intouch with Shoreline Motorcycles in Brisbane, his name Robin, he has container leaving shortly..........0732096777.....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
Be carefull though ER, he's one of those sidecar freaks too....it might grow a 3rd wheel on the way over. ;D Ring him though, he is a good bloke....just lives on the dark side.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.