Author Topic: I hate it when Rossi..  (Read 6900 times)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I hate it when Rossi..
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »
Confirmed at Ducati. I fear all will not be rosy there next year, it's a bit of a worry when Casey's efforts aren't really duplicated by any other Ducati rider. Anyway we shall see. Sepang and The Island first... :o
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 07:05:43 PM »
Would have prefered them not to have followed him & then watched the real fall out at ducati.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »
Well, it could still be a problem if the bike's not what they like. I fear that if Rossi, "Jeddy" and crew sit down after a few tests and decide a revamp is required, there's a fair chance that it might not appear quite as quickly as they're used to with the Japanese factories. Plus Ducati have withdrawn their works team from world supers to help prop up Rossi's $15 million salary : surely some of the development budget will also have been sacrificed to assist with the hefty purse ? And Ducati streetbike engines are largely assembled by women, because they do up a bolt to 15 ft lbs as requested, whereas Italian blokes are renowned for knowing better, and torquing the bolt up to 20 or more : how many incumbents in the Borgo Panigale design office are going to relish having a squad of Aussie mechanics knowing better than them ? It could be tricky... ;)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »
Rossi has been

GD666 you seem to be possesed with jealousy

Hardly. Merely an opinion. And in you don't believe he's turning cynical on the way out the door, just check his latest quotes about Pedrosa and Stoner.

Or are you holding out some hope that Schumacher will rise to power again next year too ?
Don't write Rossi off so soon.. he's the reigning world champ, suffered a broken leg half way through the season and still came back for some podium finishes.
How can you compare him to Schumacher? He retired for a couple of years then came back..
The only thing that stopped Rossi from fighting for the title was a broken leg! Only a fool would say Rossi is done..

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »
Rossi has been

Hardly. Merely an opinion. And in you don't believe he's turning cynical on the way out the door, just check his latest quotes about Pedrosa and Stoner.

Or are you holding out some hope that Schumacher will rise to power again next year too ?
Don't write Rossi off so soon.. he's the reigning world champ, suffered a broken leg half way through the season and still came back for some podium finishes.
How can you compare him to Schumacher? He retired for a couple of years then came back..
The only thing that stopped Rossi from fighting for the title was a broken leg! Only a fool would say Rossi is done..

May I add, he has a also got a shoulder problem, how many of you Rossi knockers ride fast road bikes, & you think that you're good, I ride a fast road bike & have hit 283 km/h I take my hat off for those Moto GP racers, even the slowest rider there is bloody fast.

It's a bit like football, ......all the best players are siting on the fence.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
Ooh, quick Narelle, come and have a look ! There's a bloke on the internet who's got a different opinion !  ;)

Didn't hear the shoulder get a mention yesterday....

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:38 PM »
Ooh, quick Narelle, come and have a look ! There's a bloke on the internet who's got a different opinion !  ;)

Didn't hear the shoulder get a mention yesterday....

So you don't know about his shoulder damage  when he had a fall on a M/x bike.

With a comment like yours!!!!!!! you don't want to know what I think of you.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »
Well, it could still be a problem if the bike's not what they like. I fear that if Rossi, "Jeddy" and crew sit down after a few tests and decide a revamp is required, there's a fair chance that it might not appear quite as quickly as they're used to with the Japanese factories. Plus Ducati have withdrawn their works team from world supers to help prop up Rossi's $15 million salary : surely some of the development budget will also have been sacrificed to assist with the hefty purse ? And Ducati streetbike engines are largely assembled by women, because they do up a bolt to 15 ft lbs as requested, whereas Italian blokes are renowned for knowing better, and torquing the bolt up to 20 or more : how many incumbents in the Borgo Panigale design office are going to relish having a squad of Aussie mechanics knowing better than them ? It could be tricky... ;)

I've said on many occasions I don't see 'room' for JB at Ducati, in the past JB has been the intermediary between rider and factory engineer, now Rossi will speak to Prezioso in Italian, no need for intermetiary or translators. The fairing will be mighty shiny though.
No doubt fanboi's will claim that Rossi 'fixed' the Ducati's front end.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »

So you don't know about his shoulder damage  when he had a fall on a M/x bike.

With a comment like yours!!!!!!! you don't want to know what I think of you.
[/quote]

Of course I do, it's had a real hammering in the press for months, but with an all-in scrap yesterday I'm pointing out it DIDN'T GET A MENTION !

And I don't give a rats what you think of me, it's merely an expression of an opinion. Not everybody's a Rossi fan boy... ::)

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
I don't care if they are gay, how long their hair is, what forks they use, what country they come from or what brand they ride, but I do reckon the racing I saw in the last three laps at Motegi looked a lot more like real racing than most of the "racing" in MotoGP so far this year
previous pseudonym feetupfun

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
l think rossi should be with a factory team from his home land, it make sence. and stoner should be on a oz built race machine like an Alron 500cc : ??? :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:40:54 PM by DAVID#46 »

DR

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 10:33:42 PM »
My gut feeling..Rossi will win the title in 2011 :-X

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 09:01:42 AM »
I do reckon the racing I saw in the last three laps at Motegi looked a lot more like real racing than most of the "racing" in MotoGP so far this year

You are 100% correct - and that's the problem. 3 laps of great racing in a season - DORNA should be slashing their wrists.

MotoGP is more a high speed, processional riding demonstration than an exciting spectator sport - certainly not how it used to be 'when I was younger'.  ;) The bikes are fast, the riders are as brave and talented as ever, but the show is simply pathetic.

If the new 1000cc rules don't bring back the close and exciting racing [with actual passing] then MotoGP is doomed.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »
Rossi has way too many "man friends" for my liking..  ;D

Seriously though, I think Casey will be in the box seat next season.  He's getting a bike that seems fast out of the box, and he's not going to have to waste his time trying to drag a basket case up the grid every other week.  His current team mate is a world champion and he can't get anywhere near him on the same bike.  I think we'll see just how quick Stoner really is.

Rossi will take at least a season to get the Ducati sorted.  It will be difficult for him initially.

From watching the odd interview with Ducati staff, you get the distinct impression they are really going to miss Stoner.  The Italian public might love the concept of Rossi & Ducati, and it will bring in big sponsorship bucks, but I don't think the team are 100% sold on the idea.

mx250

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »
Rossi has been at the top for a long time & has lifted the profile of moto GP.

Not to mention the championships along the way.

or maybe just a few beers ;) :D