Author Topic: I hate it when Rossi..  (Read 7111 times)

mx250

Re: I hate it when Rossi..
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 10:36:32 am »
Seriously though, I think Casey will be in the box seat next season.  He's getting a bike that seems fast out of the box, and he's not going to have to waste his time trying to drag a basket case up the grid every other week.  His current team mate is a world champion and he can't get anywhere near him on the same bike.  I think we'll see just how quick Stoner really is.

Rossi will take at least a season to get the Ducati sorted.  It will be difficult for him initially.

From watching the odd interview with Ducati staff, you get the distinct impression they are really going to miss Stoner.  The Italian public might love the concept of Rossi & Ducati, and it will bring in big sponsorship bucks, but I don't think the team are 100% sold on the idea.
A great summary in my view 8).

There are so many factors and it is so hard to get complete information and form a valid opinion of any of them, I won't make a prediction except in the most general.

Stoner has made an adroit racer's move. Rossi has made a financing move.

Stoner will be '11 World Champ. Spiers will replace Rossi as an 'alien' and Rossi will be the 'best of the rest'.  ;D (that should be general enough :P).

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I hate it when Rossi..
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 05:21:44 pm »
That all goes out the window if the speculation about the between season testing ban being relaxed for Rossi comes to pass, it'll be a hard task to fix the ducati during the official tests