Author Topic: Little stunt guy  (Read 19461 times)

trailietrash

Re: Little stunt guy
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
OMG, that didnt look good, tossed off like a rag doll. Those a real big jumps for a little kid on a little bike. Didnt his mum say last night hes never had a crash or come off ??? ::) The more i think about this the more disturbing i find it.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
I broke my arm when I was five I fell off a swingset your bones aren't fully developed then and if you do an injury at that age it might make you prone to have it again later in life or worse.

That is being a bit neglective as parents he doesn't have to miss out on riding he just shouldn't be doing massive jumps.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2010, 01:14:19 PM »
I would have thought if you really loved your kid then there would be no way you would let them be in an unecessary high risk dangerous situation where there is a very high risk of serious injury.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

MXB4ME

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
Natural selection.

Offline k2000x

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
whats the difference in doing this and letting your kid race...nothing the chance is always there that someting bad can happin

oldfart

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 07:35:19 PM »
Take your blinkers off, given half a chance at that age you would of been in boots and all. At what age are they going to say we can't ride MX -as our bones are too brittle and our kds think we are one stubbie short of a six pack.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
I'll say it again.
What about the ppl that go to see that poor little 6 year old risk his life, I don't know about you, there's no way I could go there & watch that. would you go?
I would be twisting myself inside out with fear. It is a VERY strange parent, in my mind, that would put a 6-yr-old into a Crusty Daemons environment or attend and applaud it.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »
Well now they are allowing him to ride in perth but not allowed to jump
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »
Crusty grommet approved to ride in front of home crowd

Posted: Friday, 15th October, 2010 : 3:03 PM - - 1,419 Reads

Share| 
Crusty Demons grommet Jasyn Roney will now see his dream become a reality after Department for Child Protection authorities in Perth last night amended their initial order, which prohibited the six year old from participating in the Thirst 4 Destruction opening night at the Burswood Dome on Saturday 16 October.

Roney, who gained national attention for his incredible long distance jumps of up to 100ft, will now ride out alongside Crusty legend Bubba with the revised order granting him permission to ride his motorcycle in the show with restrictions.

The young daredevil leapt for joy at being told the news and has spent the day at Burswood Dome rehearsing and preparing with his heroes for tomorrow nights show.

“That was the best news I ever had,” stated Jasyn  boy talk
“They have changed my part in the show so I will be taking on Bubba – I can’t wait! boy talk
“All my family are coming to watch and I think some of my school mates too,” he added.

Roney joins some of the best FMX riders from around the globe including global FMX star Robbie Maddison, the Godfather of FMX Mike Metzger, Nate Adams, Seth Enslow, Jackson Strong, Taka Higashino, Kain Saul, Adam Jones and Australia’s first ever female FMX rider Emma McFerran.

The Crusty Demons Thirst 4 Destruction Tour kicks off at Perth’s Burswood Dome on Saturday October 16. For more info on the event or to purchase tickets head to www.crusty.com and follow the links.
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
He'll probably come out and do a double back-flip instead!!  :D :o

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »
I think it sets a dangerous precedent when a government department can step in and call the shots on something like this. Heaven help us if they decide to turn up at a local Mx track on any Sunday...
Kids his age all over Australia are doing exactly the same thing, except 15 times a lap, with 25 other bikes around them and on terrain that is constaintly changing, unpredictable and unforgiving.
Regardeless of what  I think of freestyle and it's riders (Not much) I think it would be a much safer and controled enviroment than a MX track (their insurers would make sure of that).
The kid has obvious talent, bucket loads more than most on this forum 10 times his age, me included. Let him do what he does best, make it safe and give him memories that will last him a life time.
It's an opportunity very few ever get, let him grasp it. Keep the cotton wool for their own kids.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
I think it sets a dangerous precedent when a government department can step in and call the shots on something like this. Heaven help us if they decide to turn up at a local Mx track on any Sunday...
Kids his age all over Australia are doing exactly the same thing, except 15 times a lap, with 25 other bikes around them and on terrain that is constaintly changing, unpredictable and unforgiving.
Regardeless of what  I think of freestyle and it's riders (Not much) I think it would be a much safer and controled enviroment than a MX track (their insurers would make sure of that).
The kid has obvious talent, bucket loads more than most on this forum 10 times his age, me included. Let him do what he does best, make it safe and give him memories that will last him a life time.
It's an opportunity very few ever get, let him grasp it. Keep the cotton wool for their own kids.

Dangerous precendent to stop a 6yr old and lets remember he is a six yr old, still figuring out right from wrong to jump over winebago's etc, I think not.  Junior MX is an extremely controlled environment, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it.  Are the six yr olds jumping over winebagos or 20 metres in the air, no.
lets have a bit of common sense on what you allow a 6yr old to do, how do you make it safe for a six yr old to do this sort of stuff, you can ask the professionals doing it, how many broken bones they have!!!mmm

We don't allow the young kids to race with adults in Australia until they turn 16, when they might have a good idea of what they are doing, after a few yrs.  How many yrs experience in riding bikes does he have, how can he make a calculated decision, when he's only just learnt to read and write.

But encouraging your 6yr old to jump of long high distances, for me just doesn't sound right
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »
That's the thing I love about this country we can still do what we want to do ,,like sail around the world on your own  :o  :o  :o stuff that ... ;D
Lets not head down the same road of other countries that a drowning in there own laws,over protected nannies and poop.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
Too Late!