Author Topic: Little stunt guy  (Read 20072 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Little stunt guy
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 01:10:53 pm »
This is a very hard one in my opinion.
The kid obviously has very good eye hand control and has a very low fear threshold.
The bike is the right size for him and has good power to weight.
His folks are pumped at what he does and the Crustys think he is ok.
Now I learned to drive/steer a tractor at 4 and I've seen 5 yr olds operate some very large machinery, albeit with hydraulic assistance.
None of what he does is outside what we all do on race day except he is 6 and we're old(er).
The worst that could happen is he comes a gutzer as we'll all say 'I told you so'
However I've also seen guys ride along a roof-top in the  Romaniacs race and seen dudes ride their mtbs along the side of a precipice where they would fall to oblivion with one puff of wind. So there is stuff out there that we would never do but someone will.
If he was to fly a plane at six-what would we say?? 

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2010, 01:55:10 pm »
Personal opinion only Sorry i just can't get my head around people trying to justify this child is 6yrs of age and his parents are saying look at our son jumping over winnebago's and high intom the air.  Unlike learning to drive a tractor (I think evey cockies child learnt to drive extremely early).  This isn't junior mx this is extremely dangerous stuff, that if it goes wrong at his age, could ruin a very young person's life.  he is dependant on his parents telling him this is a great thing to do son, there is no chance of you being hurt, yeah right!!  His perception of fear and pain only comes from finally biting dust, not from a small mini bike MX but from 30ft.

Are the parent that niave as to the damage they could do to their son, by allowing this.  We all ran out of the house and did bombies of the roof into the pool, got dared into the most stupid things,,  I even fellout of a tree and through the roof of a shed and survived.  but none of this once done with my parents blessing

Sorry I just wonder!!! Ithink they might just be worse than football parents!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2010, 02:19:24 pm »
That's where I was going to go next Tossa-at least he doesn't have his head in a scrum.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 02:44:43 pm »
The worst that could happen is he comes a gutzer as we'll all say 'I told you so'

If that was the case, then this thread would be redundant.  ???
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 09:03:30 am »
Ok who dobbed him in! Tonight there is a special on ACA about how he’s been stopped from riding in the Crusty Demons and doing stunts etc. Saw the ad last night. Sounds like some ‘parenting’ or ‘welfare’ group got wind of it and decided to step in and say this is just not the thing a 6yr old should be doing.

Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 10:31:23 am »
 i recall watching a 60 minutes show on the crusty demons type wankers. yes wankers yes there is some skill involved but more like lets hold the throttle open and see what happens but i digress  60 min was showing these 14/15/16 yr olds doing this crap (it is not motorcycling it is stunt work) parents saying its what little johny wants to do etc,the reporter asks what about the danger,getting hurt paralyised or even better dead .the parent says oh we couldnt possibly stop him from doing it.any way a couple of weeks later said 15 year old was either paralyised or a vegie and then they expect sympythy for doing a very very high risk activity.yes we have all done stupid things,some of which i hope my son never finds out about :D.but with age you can judge the risk factor something a 6 year old will never be able to do.

MXB4ME

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 11:32:08 am »
There is absolutly no justification to allow a child to do this kind of stunt and should be considered child abuse. What happens when he (lets hope not) becomes a cripple? You can bet the motorcycling community will be the one footing the partial blame for allowing it to happen. FMX is a freak show that should be confined - as it is - to fairs and carnivals. Yes there is daring and some skill but there is also a trail of broken bodies left behind that someone has to clean up.

I strongly disagree with it in the MOMs however I understand that having controls in place make it safer for the riders so I accept it. I dont agree that a kid should be involved and hope that someone in MA stands up and prevents it from continuing additional to what I understand Crustys have done in not having him at their shows - bet the insurance guys freaked out at the thought.

The kid probably has a great future in MX - let him do that. Let him follow the pathway.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 12:18:21 pm »
I didn't see this story (I don't watch ACA or TT), but like most of the other parents here I don't condone this activity. I daresay most of the people cheering him on at these events don't have kids of their own!

I felt the prerequisite was being competent on a bicycle without trainers

Agreed. That's the measure that I am going to work with.

As for the names, well I understand your sentiments Firko, but I think the spell-checking will become more prevailent regardless! For example, parents from non-Anglo backgrounds no longer feel pressure to Anglicize their kids names, which is fair enough, so in my kid's class there are all kinds of interesting names! I don't know how the teacher remembers how to spell all of them! 

The alternative spelling of existing names and stuff like that wasn't for us, but each to their own I say.

Tex

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 01:16:54 pm »
Tex, its on ACA tonight, it hasnt been yet.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »
The WA dept of Child Protection has banned him from performing in perth.  But no other state yet!!!
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 11:18:47 pm »
I would have liked to have heard their side of things on the segment. You could tell it was the mother wanting to go on there to say her boy has been hard done by.

DR

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 07:36:42 am »

Quote from the mother "try telling your 6 year old hes not allowed to do something he's wanted to do since he was little, you're destroying a little boys dreams"
...WTF!! I can't believe how brain dead the world is becoming ::)

you can see the ACA program video here http://aca.ninemsn.com.au
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:38:23 am by Doc »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 08:03:01 am »
What a load of shit.....people like that shouldnt be allowed to breed.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

mx250

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2010, 08:30:03 am »
The kids is being paid for the PR value - and Crusty Demons are getting it in spades ;).

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 08:36:19 am »
when he was banned by the WA Government from riding in perth.  The parents asked the question"are you saying we are not good paernts"  mmmm let me think!!!!!!!   Lets see lets put our 6yr son on a motorbike and get him jumping over things., then show his prangs on youtube. I haven't found them yet.
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250