Author Topic: Project RM175F  (Read 39232 times)

monaro308

Re: Project RM175F
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2010, 02:19:31 AM »
Back on the RM175 as i'm still waiting on the rod kit for the RM125T.
After riding this bike for a little while,i noticed that the front brake wasn't that powerful with the single piston caliper.
So i found a twin piston front caliper off an 93 RM250 for $30.00US delivered to see if i could adapt this to my 85 forks.
Top caliper bolt lined up but the bottom bolt was about 15mm higher than my bottom caliper mount hole.
It also sat 5mm further inboard (which was good)as i could make up a 5mm thick bracket for the new caliper to mount on and then bolt up to my forks.
All centred up on the disc and I had to turn the banjo fitting around to clear the bleeder.
An hour of my time and a spare bit of 6061 T6 ali plate for extra strength and all done and fitted...and pulls up better!

monaro308

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »
Thought i'd keep this post alive.
Still haven't got off my arse to get it rec rego'd  :P truth be told is that i have 2 car rego's and 1 bike rego in successive months over xmas and Vic Roads get enuff love out of me ;D
I took the bike out to my mates farm again and i absolutely love this bike.
I didn't even bother trying to sort out the very slight bottom to midrange jetting hitch and just kept on riding it to death.
This is what the PE's should have been Mr Suzuki  >:(
I finally got around to fitting the 3 month old seat cover after my PE cover arrived last week and wanted to spruce it up a bit,although the 125 bit eats me inside  :D

Still have to put the RM125T and engine back together with the new rod kit,put the PE250T together,work on the Monaro,paint the house etc etc....looking forward to xmas holidays already ;D

monaro308

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:58 PM »
Update.....after getting sick of looking at the wanky bottle i had on the left side of the bike,i decided to make a small tank to fit in the same spot where the radiator was.
It was a bit of a pain with the angles but i got there and just have to tap in the fitting on the bottom and a breather at the top.
I'll put a tee piece into the line and all should be good to go.
I haven't measured how much extra fuel it holds yet but anythings better than the 6 odd litre tank.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »
Or you could always fill it with a cold beverage on shorter rides? But you would need to use a different kind of tap...
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

TM BILL

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2011, 02:32:11 PM »
Mario your creativeness never ceases to impress me  :) looks factory well done again mate  :)

monaro308

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
Thanks Bill,I only do the weird stuff on dead bikes.
If it had a saveable engine i probably would bring it back to life but Bahnsy needed what i had left over of a rooted engine and other bits.
Good to help others out like you did as well ;)

OK 2.2 extra litres to play with now and fittings are in...job done!

monaro308

« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »
Out of shear boredome i've never been happy with the light blue frame so i gave it a rattle can job over the week end and loctited all the nuts and bolts that i needed to while it was apart.
I finished the alloy tank with a tap but haven't decided if i'll tee off into the other hose or tap into the  front side off the fuel tank tap.The pitbike tap has a blanked hole on the frontside and all i have to make is a barb and press that in.
I also put heat wrapping around the expansion chamber and covered it with insulation tape (i might paint it black)the reason i did that was the bike was actually louder at the chamber than the back of the muffler,and being an modded RM125T pipe it sounded very tinny.
Still haven't rec-rego'd it....but its getting close ;D
cheers....Mario