Author Topic: Lest we Forget.  (Read 29416 times)

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
Re: Lest we Forget.
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
Lest we forget

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »
here here

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
And only one week to go for another Anzac Day never been more important than now with freedom of speech under threat
My mate who was apart of the stolen generation sent to Vietnam is really upset that he sacrificed his youth to now being told what he can and can't say . We really need to stand for something don't we ???? As Tim says
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:29:09 AM by Hardex »

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
The bravest people that most of us will never get to thank or meet .

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »
Tough blokes back then. they sacrificed lots for our freedom. many of them 18 years old too

Very hard to imagine the youth of today (the all about me generation) stepping up for their country today, sad fact isn't it.  :(

I couldn't help, but reply...In a way I agree, as I can see your point.

But, It takes a special person to enlist in the ADF now days, But to segregate a whole generation based on a few bad eggs (eg: The Corey Worthington's of this world) is a generalization, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

It also saddens me that you feel that we are not "Up tot he challenge" in defending our nation if shit hit the fan.

As one who is Gen Y and ex RAAF, with my better half still enlisted in the RAA, I can tell you that the brave persons of whom we have served with are as patriotic and as dedicated to this country and protecting its boarders as the WW1/WW2/ Vietnam/ Korean Iraq & Afghanistan ANZACS.

Anyhow, I have said my peace.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them

Lest we Forget

Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
im all for sending the "no hoper" brigade on national service... the current crop have been trained by their parents to maximise their benefit's and do as little as possible while knicking and flogging everything they can lay their hands on. the reality is its not their fault but a 12 months natsho would give a 50 % return by lifting the good kids in that group out of the fog and giving them a chance and some pride.

the asylum seekers should also go straight into the army so its budget can be lifted legitimately instead of the social security dept taking a hammering and they can quickly become orstralians rather than immediately trying to build an enclave of home (and having us taxpayers pay for it!)!

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »
Had a discussion with my sports mad 15 year old son at the weekend (turns 16 next week, where the hell have the last 16 years gone..) he has always had a big interest in sports, at 15 he is already umpiring two games of seniors footy a week, plays basketball once a week and plays cricket in the summer. i always thought he would go along the path of a sporting career of sorts-especially when he found out how much AFL umpires get paid- but no, at the weekend he told me he's been thinking about it for some time, and he wants to join the army and serve his country. Made the old man proud.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »
So many connections .....
VB in France still has strong friendships with Victorian soldiers..(of course  :D)
School built and many other things in the French VB town to remember the Anzacs.

Lest we forget 100 years on.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »
If its good enough to live here, then its good enough to fight for,
and how grateful should we who have not had to fight and die for it, be to those who have

Not a day for politics,
but a day to remember and give thanks

Lest we Forget

check this out
The Pogues - The band played waltzing matilda
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:13:23 PM by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2015, 07:11:43 AM »
LEST WE FORGET.....

Just returned from our local dawn service. What a turn out for such a small community. Kids, mums, dads, grandparents.... all out to show their respect. Over 350 people from a community of just over 1000.

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them  ;)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2015, 09:35:54 AM »
Thank you for your service . I will remember your service to those that have followed .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline TTezza

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »
Nice sunrise this morning, glad I was there to see it..........

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2015, 09:53:52 PM »
Jesus only loves two strokes