Author Topic: Teds B arm pass ??  (Read 10047 times)

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Teds B arm pass ??
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »
I am normally not one to comment, but after putting up with all the drivel about this arm for what seems like forever, I have to say to now hold the cards close to your chest, really is poor darts. Really pleased for the three of you, but what have you achieved to help vintage motocross and it's participants by your current stance on not sharing the information?

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »
Congrats on a great result to all involved! I wonder how much slower he would of went with the original steel swing arm? 2/5th's of f..k all! My beliefs are... "It's not the bike, it's the person in the saddle" ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:35:15 AM by Ando »

TM BILL

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »
I am normally not one to comment, but after putting up with all the drivel about this arm for what seems like forever, I have to say to now hold the cards close to your chest, really is poor darts. Really pleased for the three of you, but what have you achieved to help vintage motocross and it's participants by your current stance on not sharing the information?

Sorry you had to put up with all the drivel on here forever ( do you live in a clockwork orange situation , forced to read all on the forum , you poor Sod  ::)  ) generally if theres a topic im not interested in i DONT read it  ;) its actually not that hard .
Ted went to great lengths to get his arm passed at the nats , if he chooses to share the info with who he chooses that's his prerogative  :)

Ted had to fight the system all the way over this shit where egos over ruled reality . Ted has shown the event officials what he needed to , now surely its up to the officials to relay that info to the masses via the Moms .

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »

Sorry you had to put up with all the drivel on here forever ( do you live in a clockwork orange situation , forced to read all on the forum , you poor Sod  ::)  ) generally if theres a topic im not interested in i DONT read it  ;) its actually not that hard .
Ted went to great lengths to get his arm passed at the nats , if he chooses to share the info with who he chooses that's his prerogative  :)

Ted had to fight the system all the way over this shit where egos over ruled reality . Ted has shown the event officials what he needed to , now surely its up to the officials to relay that info to the masses via the Moms .

Sod - meaning Unpleasant Person......   Sorry didn't realise you knew me ;)
Unfortunately the said subject kept popping up in seemingly unrelated topics.
 What I would like to know is what changed from the posts in the "works bikes topic", where on October 29th in reply to Tim754's post about sharing the info after the weekend. Ted replied that was no problem.  So why the change of heart?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »
Good work on the Championship result Ted, interesting to see that the bike I built-up from the old gem I found at Discount Motorcycle Wreckers in Coburg (Vic) turns into a title winner in 1 year.

Did you change much in the engine since I built it?

I bought that swingarm on ebay from the States for $90 delivered, it's made for some funny reading in the last 6 months  ;-)

Ted you don't need to tell anyone your details about the arm, it's not 'rocket science' if anyone wants to race with one I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to work-out, hell if someone has an 'option B arm' and a 'stock C arm' I would think it would be a piece of piss?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »
Not meaning to do the wrong thing by Ted but the cat should be out of the bag,
I have a real optional B arm and an identical arm from an early C as previously shown they have the brake stay lug welded to the arm, the later C does not have the lug.
The noticeable difference should someone weld a brake stay mount one will be the weld
As the optional B arm has its main weld continous over the stay mount and down the arm
A modified C the weld will be obvious
Unless the arm is painted Black