Author Topic: Teds B arm pass ??  (Read 10054 times)

TM BILL

Re: Teds B arm pass ??
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
Exellent result  :) well done Ted for seeing it through . Does this mean it will be universely accepted now or will  it still be a meeting by meeting official by official deal ?

Simo63

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 07:44:01 PM »
Good onya Ted ... and that's not just for persevering and resolving the RM B model optional alloy arm debate but for:

1. Being the best free unofficial VMX bike and parts freighter, in and out of Shitney, the Oz VMX world has seen;
2. For being the one of the good blokes that helps the young'uns into the VMX world; and finally
3. For being good hearted enough to donate $200 to the Motor Neuron Disease cause.

An all round top bloke Mr Bracks, I dips me hat to ya   8)  ;D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
Exellent result  :) well done Ted for seeing it through . Does this mean it will be universely accepted now or will  it still be a meeting by meeting official by official deal ?

That remains to be seen I guess, however, when a pretty emphatic precedent ( none higher i would think ) has been set and the differinces well noted by MA I reckon it is here to stay. Finally Bill it may go to sleep now.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »
I believe there will be an adjustment made to the rules so no one has to go through this shite again in the future...

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »
Ted the only problem with not revealing the difference is that some poor bugger is going to stump up good money for an alloy arm they are told is a 'B' arm only to find out when they go to use it that they have been taken by some thief who has ripped them off. It would be much better to clearly show what is an optional 'B' arm and what is a modified 'C' arm surely.

Well done on doing the homework and presenting it at the titles. As most people said they believed it was legal but it needed someone to do exactly what you did.

MOST PEOPLE  said it was NOT legal. MOST PEOPLE wouldnt know an optional arm if they tripped over it.This didnt stop MOST PEOPLE from commenting on it. I was even accused of cheating by SOME PEOPLE

I put endless Emails, letters, phone calls and leg work into this matter and copped abuse, sarcasm and all manner of shit over a piece of alloy. I could not give a fat rats arse if SOME PEOPLE get burnt acquiring an alloy arm. Let them do the research I did. Sorry buddy but that's how it is.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Ted the only problem with not revealing the difference is that some poor bugger is going to stump up good money for an alloy arm they are told is a 'B' arm only to find out when they go to use it that they have been taken by some thief who has ripped them off. It would be much better to clearly show what is an optional 'B' arm and what is a modified 'C' arm surely.

Well done on doing the homework and presenting it at the titles. As most people said they believed it was legal but it needed someone to do exactly what you did.

MOST PEOPLE  said it was NOT legal. MOST PEOPLE wouldnt know an optional arm if they tripped over it.This didnt stop MOST PEOPLE from commenting on it. I was even accused of cheating by SOME PEOPLE

I put endless Emails, letters, phone calls and leg work into this matter and copped abuse, sarcasm and all manner of shit over a piece of alloy. I could not give a fat rats arse if SOME PEOPLE get burnt acquiring an alloy arm. Let them do the research I did. Sorry buddy but that's how it is.
Thats right Ted MOST people said there was no such thing including Montynut, that's why this shit went on so long..!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:59:40 AM by JohnnyO »

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
Yeah Sir Ted is great for VMX, he helps everybody and we really appreciate the time and effort he has put in for Liam. He transported three bikes upto QLD and had everything sorted.
Many many thanks Ted.
[/URL]

Photo of the title winning bike and it is a pleasure to ride a bike that goes and handles. This bike also won the CRC Trophy for Pre 78 all powers at Bulahdelah this year.

Also a big thanks must go out to Nick at Teknik, he can sort a bike and it is one sweet handling RM.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:45:37 PM by rtb »

Montynut

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »

Thats right Ted MOST people said there was no such thing including Montynut, that's why this shit went on so long. You don't owe anyone anything..!
That is totally untrue I said in an earlier thread that I believed it was legal but needed to be proven and the manual was not sufficent. I spoke to Ted several times and emailed him how I believed he should go about it but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

What I have said is that just saying it is legal was never going to get him anywhere. The pictures of Gunter etc etc was never going to carry the day as you and almost everyone said.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Unfortunately wrong on every point you made I'm afraid. John and I were there and know what went down. It's done, let it rest FFS

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »
id like to know i have one that has the lug on it, it came of a very early c model did they use the b left overs on the early c models

Montynut

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »
Unfortunately wrong on every point you made I'm afraid. John and I were there and know what went down. It's done, let it rest FFS
Fair enough Ted you tell as you see it

Anyway well done and congratulations on supporting Liam to a great result.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
Does this jolt your memory Monty?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
id like to know i have one that has the lug on it, it came of a very early c model did they use the b left overs on the early c models

This will be my final post on this saga.

I and two others have achieved what we set out to do

I subjected a very nice young man from my own club to the possibility of having a Australian Title stripped from him if it was protested successfully, because of the belief that we had in its eligibility.

I will not be divulging any information to its eligibility origins

The answer is out there if one is prepared to put the effort in

The performance difference in the two arms is 2/5 ths of f..kall

Would I recommend somebody to waste their time to find the info.......definitely not

Lastly, if you want the truth, avoid what most say on here
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:05:44 PM by Ted »

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 06:49:13 AM »
 ok keep it to your self i have one that i know was welded on  when made by suzuki and i have one that has no lug on it  i know son has a few of each so we dont need your help enjoy your moment

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
Don't go too hard on Montynut Greg is most certainly one of the good guys,
Like JohnnyO we knew the arms were legal because we saw them,
Unfortunately proving was a little harder,