Author Topic: Teds B arm pass ??  (Read 10053 times)

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
Teds B arm pass ??
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:23 AM »
Suspense is killing me???

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Teds B arm pass ??
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:21:21 AM »
He got 1st place so what do you think. ;D ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »
So after all the cyber bull shit on here it was legal?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:05:57 AM »
The undisputed obvious...
The swingarm IS the optional "B" arm
"flat bickie"

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
So after all the cyber bull shit on here it was legal?
Yes.. In the real world it is legal. All the know all's who doubted it on here don't know shit from clay but we already knew that

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »
I bought that arm and put it on Ted's RM, I knew it was legal all the time.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
And aside from this issue finally being put to bed, one of the benefits of Ted bringing this arm forward was that it is now possible to tell the optional b and standard c arms apart as there is a difference in the manufacturing process that you can't replicate.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
And aside from this issue finally being put to bed, one of the benefits of Ted bringing this arm forward was that it is now possible to tell the optional b and standard c arms apart as there is a difference in the manufacturing process that you can't replicate.
Exactly Simo..

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »
Just got home. WOW WOW WOW what a super fun weekend

Many thanks to Col, Vandy and Davey for putting on the best weekend I have ever experienced in VMX. To say them guys put in a huge effort is a massive understatement. We are already planning the Post Classics next year. Thanks guys. My apologies go out to all the other helpers that I don't know but a big thank you. Oh and what about the track. What a fantastic layout!!!!!!!

Now to the not so serious stuff. We turned up with steel arm fitted fully expecting to run with it. We sought approval to use the alloy arm through the right channels and procedures and were given the green light to proceed. Which we did.

In impoundment after the race a place getter asked the Steward if the arm was legal? The Steward asked me if I would show the guy why it is legal. I refused to divulge the information unless the guy stumped up and formally protested. Which he didn't. All good.

A huge thanks to JohnnyO and TMBill for their encouragement and assistance to make me follow this alloy bullshit through. Many times over this last year I thought WTF why bother but these two remained solid and helped me get this thing over the line. They both know their stuff. Also thank you to Davey and Vandy for giving me the time of day to explain the difference between this arm and any other and then taking it to Col so as he could get clarification from Dave Tanner. Thanks Dave.

I will not be revealing the difference between arms. So if anybody wants to cheat , believe me, you will be found out. You have been warned. However, one thing I will disclose is that the alloy arm weighs exactly the same as the steel arm.

Lindsay, if you learn to hop better there may have been more tipped into the motor neurone appeal tin.....haha

Thanks to everyone that attended, you guys are great
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:09:31 PM by Ted »
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Big Scotty

• C-Grade
  • Heaven 380
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 07:15:16 PM »
Well done Ted good to see you had a win on and of the track,what to do with the black paint now,paint my E model arm and put it on my D ;D,will you be lining up at lakes with us or just spectating, catch ya there
Cheers Scotty
yz400d yz125d yz490k

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
good on you Ted!!
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Montynut

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 07:24:16 PM »
Ted the only problem with not revealing the difference is that some poor bugger is going to stump up good money for an alloy arm they are told is a 'B' arm only to find out when they go to use it that they have been taken by some thief who has ripped them off. It would be much better to clearly show what is an optional 'B' arm and what is a modified 'C' arm surely.

Well done on doing the homework and presenting it at the titles. As most people said they believed it was legal but it needed someone to do exactly what you did.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:36 PM »
Well done Ted good to see you had a win on and of the track,what to do with the black paint now,paint my E model arm and put it on my D ;D,will you be lining up at lakes with us or just spectating, catch ya there
Cheers Scotty

Thanks Scott

If you thought Liam was quick at Bula, you should have seen him up there.

I won't be riding Lakes. My wrist is gone. Can barely hold a stubby left handed these days. How bad is that. I will bring Hayden. He has a new bike since he can't ride his XR anymore. It's a 84 YZee 80. You can nurture him in Yammy world...hehe

See ya at Lakes big fella.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
well done ted

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »
Ted the only problem with not revealing the difference is that some poor bugger is going to stump up good money for an alloy arm they are told is a 'B' arm only to find out when they go to use it that they have been taken by some thief who has ripped them off. It would be much better to clearly show what is an optional 'B' arm and what is a modified 'C' arm surely.

Well done on doing the homework and presenting it at the titles. As most people said they believed it was legal but it needed someone to do exactly what you did.
Greg I have several of each,
 you can take as many photos as you like and post them also the Rahier arm