Author Topic: BWP Returns to Dirt Track.  (Read 7574 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: BWP Returns to Dirt Track.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
 With photos make sure to get plenty of blokes in the pits please! Us 'super seniors' have seen plenty of action shots but always enjoy seeing how much older everyone else looks!
 {should have posted this yesty]
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 04:20:21 PM »
I think Ray Curtis was the first BWP member to win an Australian title. Won a few State titles as well. Short circuit /Dirt Track

Curly3

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31:26 AM »
It was either Ray or Eric Debenham.
After a bit of rain early on the weather cleared up and we managed to get through 3 complete rounds of racing.
My day started out really well then had an off and then struggled with cramping again, have to find a answere for that.
Great to see BWP back out there and the smooth running of proceedings was a combined effort between Penrith, St george and BWP, thanks to all the officials on the day.
A big thanks to Allan & Elaine Garvey for making the trip up with the Gall special, I really enjoyed riding it and even managed a win, in the mud, with a few tweaks I'm looking forward to riding it again at the Canberra title meeting next year.
I managed to get a few early pic's but forgot about the camera later on but I think Al got a couple.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »
Ray and Eric have been mates since they were kids. I heard at the last BWP reunion that the MC on the night , when going through the names of some of the BWP luminaries , either forgot or didn't know that Ray was their first Aus title holder. Bit of a stuff up!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 09:53:20 AM »
 Onya slides! sounds like a lot of fun was had.
 My doc wouldn't let me have quinine tabs for the cramps 'cos they fight with the blood pressure tabs,I spoke to my chemist and he said 'drink two bottles of gaiter aid through the day'. It works wonders.
 Many riders turn up? good getting through 3 rounds, must have all run pretty smooth. How many sliders?
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
You're 100% correct Suzuki27, Ray in 1957 and Debo in 58.
Both rode my fathers bikes at various times and are both great characters.
It wasn't the best roll up yesterday Wally and only about 2 sliders, they both rode in with the other classes, Colin Laws had a good day with placings overall in several classes, he also proved that they can be ridden in with upright bikes and thanfully he managed to avoid my head when I went arse up right in front of him.
I drank 4 bottles of Powerade through the day, nervous tension and arthritis aren't helping things either.
I need to get in the Gym or ride more often, I hadn't ridden since the charity meeting.

Curly3

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »
For anyone that hasn't been to our Nepean.

The BWP pit shelter, erected around 1970 and the posts were fabricated at my fathers bikeshop.
I was at the working B when they put it up, thankfully they had it finished before they opened the Keg, or maybe that was before it ran out.
Shit my trailer looks tired.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:55:35 PM by SlideRulz »

Curly3

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:35:35 PM by SlideRulz »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »
EA and I had a great day at Nepean , I got pretty wound up about it for a  couple of days before. all was good when we got there, lots of friends , old and new and some bloody good racing.

Steve had a win first up on the Gally XT

It was very pleasing for me to see Glenn's bike in the lead at a BWP event

Then, for the rest of the day, wheel-spin proved to be the limiting factor, with tyre temperature and pressure increasing markedly in the course of just one race.

A couple of Blue Diamonds at the start of the over 35s

Steve getting his third place award from BWP Club's Bob McGlinchey with Greg Heatly from the St. George Club in the background.

A terrific day, run under trying conditions, full marks to the organisers .
Only two sliders there and they ran with the other bikes, no problems.

I fell in love with this Goldie parked at the Nepean Canteen
Foss       

Curly3

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
Not to mention the first old banger home in the over 35's open, finished 5th out of 16.
Given the start line is set for 12 it was crowded.
It was a boyhood dream to wear that blue diamond, my family was heavily involved in the club as I was growing up and all I ever wanted to do was race motorbikes.
That beautiful Goldie belongs to 1965 250cc Australian Short Circuit Champion and BWP life member Bob ( Grumbles) Campbell.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:34:04 PM by SlideRulz »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
thanks for the photos ..fantastic lookin track and venue..yes nice Goldie  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!