Author Topic: Chad Reed on Kawasaki  (Read 8451 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Reed on Kawasaki
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 05:25:21 pm »
You could hardly bring loyalty into it..he was only there for a year. I think Suzuki should have stepped up and paid him more than they offered instead of signing Dungey.
Chad won the outdoor title for them and Dungey isn't going to win a 450 title while Chad, Stewart and Villopoto are riding.
Having said that he did have a good thing going with DeCoster and Goose in his corner and it would have been good seeing him stay on Suzuki.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 05:40:56 pm »
I would of liked to see him on the suzuki for the rest of his years in ama, as i think they are the best bike on the track. Also having Goose and Decoster on your side would of been hard to step away from. 
 Chad is a business man and thats  bottom line. Like its been said, loyalty isnt a factor after 1 season really. He rode for peanuts last year and his contract was performance based with his earnings growing due to him doing well.  Good luck to the guy, its his passion and his job and we all work for the same reason...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Maico's, the only way to go.

TM BILL

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 12:25:54 pm »
Good luck to the boy regardless of what he rides  :) I think loyalty is all very nice but at the end of the day a professional racers career is a realitivly short one and a blokes got to make money while he can.

Chads suggested annual income is on the surface very high , but when you take out taxes and all the hanger on lechees fees , it would still be a shit load more than most of us probably earn .

But how many of us are world class at anything  ;)

You cant knock the product , Bubba and Villipoto have won on Kawasaki  :)

Good luck Chad  :)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 12:39:04 pm »
Agreeing with the last 3 posts. It was a one year deal and he did give them the opportunity to resign him.
Suzuki would have got Dungey for alot less and he is a long term investment.He's a only a rookie on the 450 but is a smart kid and will go on to be a top 450 rider.Also aren't they chasing Pourcel? Another young guy with huge potential.
For Chad I think that next year is going to be tough, lots of serious competition coming on.He would know for sure that this year was maybe the best time to negotiate a Big$ deal.After next year??Who knows.
Does anyone know if its a one or multi year deal?

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 01:05:05 pm »
Yeah good points guys. Im still a bit dirty with him as i don't think he is a nice person.
Anyway, hope he can prove me wrong also as i think the competition will be to fierce next year. At least in the outdoors.
Still think he will be the second best supercrosser though.
Good luck to him.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 01:19:39 pm »
I read that it may be a 2 year deal but he hasn't signed yet, only agreed to ride.
Apparently Pourcel has re signed with Pro Circuit Kawasaki and there is talk of Jake Moss maybe getting the 2nd 450 Suzuki ride.
It will be difficult for Chad to repeat what he did this year without DeCoster, Goose and RC in his corner.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 03:15:30 pm »
It is a 2 year deal and its all signed..  Jim Holly interviewed Chad from the us open he disclosed the details.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 05:22:33 pm »
I'm glad Chad's riding for another 2 years and hopefully he'll continue to do the outdoors and win another title or 2.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 05:42:55 pm »
He did say in the interview he was doing outdoors in 2010! ;D

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »
Great - smart move but I'll be suprised if he wins another title .Hope that he proves me wrong.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 10:14:46 pm »
Great - smart move but I'll be suprised if he wins another title .Hope that he proves me wrong.

X2... but his there week in week out.. so thats a massive + when your chasing  titles

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
It all depends on whether Stewart rides the outdoors and how fast Villopoto is by then, Chad might struggle to beat his new team mate. I think Stewart will win Supercross again but you never know.

mx250

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 09:50:11 am »

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 09:09:53 pm »
superx.com.au     has got a clip of the Geelong RND,  8)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »
Shit yeah, i was there. It was awsome.. 8)  Reed looks strange on the kawy to me. Not used to it i guess. Krooztune suspension on michael byrnes crf450 was working so well. If you see the footage on tv, compare Daniel Reardons full factory US factory connection suspension to burners made in melbourne suspension.  In my opinion the Krooztune suspension was better by a long shot, the whoops especially.