Author Topic: Chad Reed Crash MXDN  (Read 8251 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Reed Crash MXDN
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2009, 12:35:15 am »
I don't think you can call his crash "cracking under pressure", it was totally unavoidable.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 12:41:58 am »
I don't think you can call his crash "cracking under pressure", it was totally unavoidable.

yer he was just going for it .sometimes things likethat happen when you put different capacity bikes in the same race.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:28 am »
yeah, rightio, whatever!

basil44

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2009, 09:12:27 am »
Next year all we have to do is hire ROGER DeCOSTER as team manager and wev'e got it in the bag!!!!! ;). That bloke is unbeatable when it comes to the MX Desnations!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 06:48:50 pm »
Team USA has won the 2009 Red Bull FIM Motocross of Nations beating home Team Italy and the Belgian squad to the top step of the podium at Franciacorta in Italy.

MX1 & MX2 winner Tony Cairoli

Debutants Ryan Dungey and Jake Weimer, together with MXoN veteran Ivan Tedesco, handed the USA their 20th Chamberlain Trophy as the Nation remains the most successful in the events history. France was second courtesy of Steven Frossard, Marvin Musquin and Guiltier Paulin, with the latter crashing in the final heat which dropped the squad off the what looked certain to be the top step of the podium.

Belgium completed the podium with Clement Desalle, Joel Roelants and Steve Ramon. Germany and Great Britain rounded off the top five ahead of unlucky Italy.

With an entry list of 37 National Teams and a crowd of 90,000 weekend spectators this Red Bull FIM Motocross of Nations turned out to be the best of all time at the end of a fantastic weekend of racing and general entertainment offered to the many passionate fans.

"This definitely ranks near the top for me," Dungey said. "It has been a dream to come over here and a real experience to be a part of this, never mind actually winning it. A lot of people told me what it would be like, but when you arrive here you can't help but be amazed. We had a good time and full credit to Jake and Ivan; I had a break between the motos but they went back-to-back and that takes a lot of heart and dedication. I am glad we could work together and pull this one off."

Jake Weimer added “Everything here is different from what we are used to in the States, from the food to the language, the starting gate and the tracks. We had a lot of pressure coming to this race as Team USA won the last editions, and I felt a lot of pressure. I was pretty happy with my first race, but in the second one I made a lot of mistakes and I’m just thankful to my teammates, both of them rode amazingly well.
Best is in the West !!

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 08:12:37 pm »
How much bad luck can the Aussies have ???
I bet Burner is real stiff and sore today......plus a massive headache.
It seems you don't have to be the fastest riders in the world, just have your team members finish each of their races and you've got it in the bag.

Curly3

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 08:35:51 pm »
To finish first.
First you've got to finish.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 09:15:40 pm »
It's pretty frustrating that year after year we think we have the team to podium or maybe even win the des Nations but something goes wrong every time.
Just shows you how good the '89 team of Leisky, Belly and Dack really were when they placed 4th. Fast and smart riders.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 07:26:29 pm »
It's pretty frustrating that year after year we think we have the team to podium or maybe even win the des Nations but something goes wrong every time.
Just shows you how good the '89 team of Leisky, Belly and Dack really were when they placed 4th. Fast and smart riders.

88 they finished 4 th. but yer damn frustrating .We probably never had a better shot.
Next year will be harder.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 08:33:51 pm by motomaniac »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 09:07:04 pm »

88 they finished 4 th. but yer damn frustrating .We probably never had a better shot.
Are you sure it was '88? Gally told me last week it was '89.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 10:02:28 pm »

[/quote]
Are you sure it was '88? Gally told me last week it was '89.
[/quote

Tell Gally to think again - well maybe we went 4th in 89 as well, but 88 in france I was there in the pits with Gally and all the boys.Leisky was on Dave Thorpes works Honda and holeshot the 1st moto.
Leiskies Old Man told me that the bike was too powerfull and peaky for the hardpacked track. Jmb was the new 125 champ and past every 500 except Lechien.
I got pics somewhere (non dig)anyways we got 4 th when the US team was Lechien,RJ and Wardy.
Where was 89? 90 was in Sweden different US riders those years but same result.
Next year Dungey wont be a 450 rookie, they should have Villipoto and who knows on a 250.France will have C Pourcel on a 450 , Gautin or S Pourcel AND Musquin on 250. Its between them already failing injuries I reckon with Italy and Belgium also strong. We will have Reedy and? Has Burner got a ride yet?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:44:02 pm by motomaniac »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 10:45:00 pm »