Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82589 times)

mx250

Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2011, 05:15:48 pm »
Speaking of Ducati, now that Rossi has broken the number of allowable engines rule will he be starting 10 seconds behind everyone else from the pit lane or is that a 1 off? Goes to show how desperate they're getting to prove that Stoner wasn't trying last year like certain people reckoned

Race time this year 42'16.530, last year 42'17.427; Casey's race time was just less than a second faster than same race last year,

Rossi's race time was 42'56.362 (+39.832) slower than Casey this year and 38.935 seconds slower than Casey's race time last year.

Allow 10 seconds for the pit start, allow 10 seconds for changes in track surface, allow 10 seconds for dealing with traffic and Rossi is still more than 10 seconds off Casey's last year pace despite the beck and call of the Ducati Factory, with new chassis, buckets of development etc.,etc.

The world is going to come to the conclusion Casey must have known what he was talking about last year and he must have ridden the wheels off the thing to get the results he did ;).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:23:53 pm by mx250 »

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

mx250

« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2011, 11:30:30 pm »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2011, 04:25:28 pm »
Some great news for the Motegi round this weekend. Journeyman rider Damian Cudlin is subbing for the injured Loris Caparossi on the Pramac Ducati. Be interesting to see where he qualifies ::)

If Stoner wins he only need score 4 pts at Phillip Island to seal the title.

Remember it's on in the daytime to .......... ;D

If you can't get to a telle there is always

fromsportcom.com and vipbox.com where you can watch all sessions live and brush up on your Espanol
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:27:31 pm by Lozza »
Jesus only loves two strokes

mx250

« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2011, 04:35:41 pm »
Some great news for the Motegi round this weekend. Journeyman rider Damian Cudlin is subbing for the injured Loris Caparossi on the Pramac Ducati. Be interesting to see where he qualifies ::)
I hope he's being paid shit loads - it will be the Kiss of Death ::) if he has any real MotoGP ambitions.

Maybe Casey can sit him down for an Aussie to Aussie chin wag over a Barbie and an ale or two and give him a few pointers  ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2011, 04:42:21 pm »

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »
OOOps if thats to hard to read save as Jpag and zoom in .  oR right click and copy the propertires link  and open up my Phot bucket, its full size in there.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »
Casey has got it in the bag as long as he goes steady, Valentino went for the cash so I am sure he has a few million reasons to keep smiling and alls well that ends well.

Be nice to see Casey win on Phillip Island, the Island is usually pretty kind to the Aussies, who can forget Wayne's fairy tail victory and the big emotional celebration with Donna. Or the GoGo Shows humerous antics there. Just it is a pity that there are not more Aussies and even a Kiwi in contention. Casey looks like the Lone Ranger.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #308 on: September 29, 2011, 06:30:45 pm »

What is MotoGP trying to say, or is it just a Freudian Slip - of all the mug shots it is only Casey with a big broad smile ;D.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2011, 07:32:09 pm »
Maybe the photos were taken the afternoon of the first public test of this year's Ducati race bike... :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Curly3

« Reply #310 on: September 29, 2011, 07:34:42 pm »
Big broad smile = Aussie, need I say more?
He's leading the life of Riley, enjoying the ride.
Serious but it ain't the be all and end all.

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 29, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »
Anyone Going to the island? My wife and i are going to be in the Moto Heaven Marquee should be lots of fun.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 29, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »
ME , I managed to jag a pit pass with Sandro Cortese's 125 team, will learn the secrets of the mighty disc valve ;) Be there at sparrowfart on thursday.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:28 am »
ME , I managed to jag a pit pass with Sandro Cortese's 125 team, will learn the secrets of the mighty disc valve ;) Be there at sparrowfart on thursday.

Take your porting tools Lozza and show them some of your VMX secrets - could be good for a podium [or two]!!  ;)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2011, 08:42:40 am »

Must be the last couple of races before 2 strokes become a distant memory as well. Put in an offer for a bike to hang on the wall.
formerly Marc.com