Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82665 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »
He does have some problems with the front end, looked to be in very similar circumstances. I would be looking for a return to the GP07 spec that thing was on rails.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2010, 05:34:52 pm »
I can see the dollars honda are offering to get his services dropping each time he drops his ducati, good to see nicky hayden getting his head around how to ride it though.
The yamaha still seems to be the best bike still & that really hurts me to say it  :'(

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2010, 06:11:26 pm »
The yamaha still seems to be the best bike still & that really hurts me to say it  :'(

Best electronics and chief engineer- Masao Furusawa-san

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »
whoop whoop yip yip .... ...GO AUSSIE   ;D  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »
Podium of third  :P  8)
Support crash was a bit on the yuk side  :o 230 an hr
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:40 am »
Notice how good most of the bikes/riders are?[ In all the classes ]
One tiny mistake and your chance is gorn. :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »
Well it's official Casey Stoner off to Honda next year ! Either in a 1 man Red Bull sponsored squad or Andrea Dovisioso moved to that team and Casey teamed with Dani Pedrosa in the Repsol team.
Only leaves the Rossi/Ducati annoucment.

Ohh looks like my fork prediction came true  ;D Apparently the new thicker section fork didn't flex as much and lacked feel, where as the 48mm 09 fork (with the gas cannister behind the leg) had thick wals but flexed more. Soon as he bolted them on the 'old' Casey Stoner appeared.

2011 line up

Honda
Dovisioso, Pedrosa, Stoner

Yamaha
Lorenzo/TBC

Ducati
Rossi/Hayden

Suzuki
Does anyone care???

mx250

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2010, 09:29:40 pm »
http://motomatters.com/news/2010/07/09/official_casey_stoner_joins_three_man_fa.html

After months of secrecy, the announcement is finally out in the open. Ducati and Honda today officially announced the news that Casey Stoner is to leave Ducati and is heading to Honda. The move has been expected for a long time, ever since news leaked out after the Jerez round of MotoGP. Stoner's father and manager Colin accompanied his son to the Jerez race, and has not been seen at a race since.

The news is no real surprise: Stoner is known to have a very strong relationship with Livio Suppo, and when the former Ducati team boss left Borgo Panigale to join HRC, he reportedly told Ducati's management that his first target would be the young Australian, and that he intended to bring Stoner to Honda. :o

Since winning the championship for Ducati at his first attempt, in 2007 on the brand new 800cc Desmosedici GP7, Stoner's success - though still phenomenal - has waned. His 2008 championship defense faltered at Laguna Seca and was scuppered by consecutive falls at Brno and Misano, and his 2009 challenge was halted by a mystery illness that was later diagnosed as lactose intolerance. Problems with a different set of forks being used in the 2010 bike caused Stoner to crash out unexpectedly early this season, though reverting to the forks from last year appear to have resolved the issue. Despite the problems, Casey Stoner still has 20 victories in MotoGP, putting him level with the legendary Freddie Spencer.

For Stoner, a switch to Honda would be a return, rather than a new adventure. The Australian rode a 990cc satellite RC211V for Lucio Cecchinello's LCR Honda team in his debut year in 2006, where he made an instant impact, taking pole in his second ever MotoGP race and gaining a reputation for being incredibly fast, but prone to crashing. That the crashes were down to the nature of the front Michelin tires became clear when Stoner's crashing ceased overnight after switching to the Bridgestone-shod Ducati.

Press releases were issued simultaneously by Honda and Ducati announcing Stoner's move to HRC, but the Honda announcement contained perhaps the most interesting nugget of information. In an almost casual comment, HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto confirmed Honda's intention to run a three-man factory effort in 2011, hoping to retain both Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso for HRC. Current expectations are that two riders will figure in the Repsol team, while a separate team will be created under Red Bull sponsorship, with full factory support. Casey Stoner's name has been most often linked to the one-man Red Bull team, but given Andrea Dovizioso's long association with Red Bull, it could make more sense for Dovizioso to take that spot.

Speculation will now intensify over who is to take Casey Stoner's spot at Ducati, but the results are almost a foregone conclusion. Apart from some last minute wrangling over alternatives, Valentino Rossi seems almost certain to join the Marlboro Ducati team for 2011. That announcement is likely to come by Brno.

Below are the official press releases announcing Casey Stoner's switch from Ducati to Honda.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2010, 09:37:44 pm »
Wow Casey rode the wheels off that duck trying to get past Pedrosa last race but he was too fast out of the corners and miles ahead down the straight . I luv Moto Gp and Casey so i cant till next season with our Boy on a Rocket Yeehah. Moto Gp2 is also a revalation with huge grids making it a awesome spectacle .hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:58 pm »
Ditch Moto GP1 - Moto GP2 is the go. Guts and determination and 110% effort = proper racing. Not a technology showcase for a couple of manufacturers which masks alot of the brilliance (and inadequacies) of the riders involved. The old 500's were fun/scary to watch and ride and you HAD to be good to use them. Most racers would prefer a big field with lots of dicing to a procession.     IMO 8)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2010, 11:05:26 pm »
Ditch Moto GP1 - Moto GP2 is the go. Guts and determination and 110% effort = proper racing. Not a technology showcase for a couple of manufacturers which masks alot of the brilliance (and inadequacies) of the riders involved. The old 500's were fun/scary to watch and ride and you HAD to be good to use them. Most racers would prefer a big field with lots of dicing to a procession.     IMO 8)

The on board shots aimed rearwards with the throttle in plain view, shows this to be a myth. They all treat the throttle with great amount of respect. Ben Spies said that the 800's are very hard to ride(as opposed to impossible without electronics) and are not on the same planet as a WSBK. Motocrap2 will be different in 2 years Inonne's Speed Up bike has had some 'professional' help recently and is miles ahead on top speed and drive. A few of the top riders are saying they need more HP as riders have to pull desparate moves just to get past. Someone will unfortunatly be killed or seriously injured in this class before the year is out. There has been 2 instances where riders in the gravel trap have had sliding bikes whiz past them. That is very dangerous.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2010, 11:19:36 pm »
Having more power to stay out of the way of trouble is an old chestnut. Everyone ends up with more power so no-one gets away from anyone and everyone is on the same playing field again. Looking at the racing in the 125's shows great racing on similarly powered machines. There will always be riders determined to make passing moves-not always successfully,particularly in large fields. Seems the only way to avoid gravel trap incidents would be to have fewer riders to allow marshalls to clear the traps? One rider on the track at a time? Were those 2 incidents the result of rubbish on the track which can be unavoidable resulting in multiple incidents at the same time? I don't know. I wouldn't think the riders involved were planning on having a little rest in the gravel. I certainly don't wish anyone injured but these things happen.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

mx250

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2010, 11:53:53 pm »
I'm now waiting for the Ducati announcement with interest. Apparently a better than 90% chance that Rossi will ride for them for sqillions of Marlboro Lira.

But what about Burgess and associates?

I hope Rossi ends up with the technicians his happy with, then it will be interesting to see what he can get out of the Duke.  For Rossi it must be a tremendous risk that he/they will falter and drop out of the Aliens.

We won't speculate quite yet, but if it happens it will put Casey's last four years into prospective. If Rossi/Ducati become 'the first of the rest' watch for the Italian dramas and theatre.

May you live in interesting times ;) ;D.

monaro308

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2010, 01:30:46 am »
Thats if Ferrari don't field a third car next year and as they have stated " if " a third Ferrari vehicle is available...that seat belongs to Rossi.
I agree with lozza.....someone is going to be killed in moto2. The amount of money teams are pumping into that class just to get to the front makes a 250gp bike look cheap.
As Jeremy Burgess said a few weeks ago with the 250's all they had to change was a piston,barrel and cranks to go racing for the season.

I think Honda slipped a few euros into Carmelo's wallet ;)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2010, 09:59:23 am »
Canam I think you misunderstood what I was refering to. The CBR 600 based engine was much wider than the frame, when the bike falls over they were sitting on the stator or clutch cover and sliding along on that. Most bikes no matter the speed are stopped in the first 1/3rd of the gravel trap. Not these things they don't loose speed on the tar or paved run off area and then skip like flat stones through the gravel.

No money Monaro just the only way team chicken wing can win