Author Topic: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend  (Read 82655 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Stoner back in action this weekend
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2010, 12:45:59 pm »
Rossi's spat would have had more bite if he hadn't spent the weekend 'wobbling' around in midpack blaming his bike, or shoulder or whatever.

If I wanted to read that kind of mindless crap I would look in the Womens Mags - no place for that kind of boring diatribe in motorcycle racing. MotoGP has become very boring, but that is not the way back to the headlines…

They will have to do better than that. They could start by making the racing just a wee bit exciting again, if F1 can do it then so can Dorna.  ::)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

monaro308

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2010, 01:21:52 pm »
Thats easy.....BRING BACK 500cc 2 STROKES!!!!! ;D

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2010, 05:12:08 pm »
Casey off to a flying start In Japan

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »
What a great ride by Casey and how good was Rossi and the Lorenzo fight

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2010, 05:59:02 pm »

Good enough reason to watch MotoGP.
Jesus only loves two strokes

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2010, 08:33:12 am »
good ride by stoner, but, the thing that is getting up my nose about this road racing, dropping the leg think before the corners who started this bullsh---t style of riding.

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:58 am »
good ride by stoner, but, the thing that is getting up my nose about this road racing, dropping the leg think before the corners who started this bullsh---t style of riding.

I'm sure people said the same sort of thing when guys started dragging their knee...its just the new way, nothing wrong with it.
I remember guys getting cautions from the stewards back in the 90's for doing it so its not new but it has become a lot more popular recently.

And if it works on dirt bikes why not use it on road bikes, their corner entries are pretty much dirt track style
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2010, 09:35:02 am »

can be traced back to when Rossi punted Gibbers off the track in JEREZ 2005
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:08:36 am by Lozza »

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2010, 12:57:00 pm »
I remember the first time I climbed onto a road bike after riding dirt bikes all my life and the first corner I came to putting my leg out to go around it and it felt normal until the guys I rode with bagged me to the point of submission ??? .Now I can put my leg out again and be cool ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:16:11 pm by Hardex »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2010, 02:11:45 pm »
I remember in the '50s when the aussie riders were showing the poms the fast way 'round the Ilse o' Man the poms were rubbishing the aussies for touching the toe down on some of the slower corners. The other style I remember being universally rubbished was the way some riders went into corners leaning the bike over but sitting up vertically on the bike. This was seriously rubbished and described as "dago style", but to my mind was probably a habit some picked up from riding on dirt or slippery surfaces and indicated to me a lack of confidence in the tyre's ability to stay were it should. cheers pancho.

The first [and best] proponent of the art of getting the riders weight in the best place on cornering was Johnny Dodds. While watching him corner on the 7R at Oran Park outside of Energol all you could see of little Dodsy was his right boot and his right wrist tweekin' the twist grip!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2010, 07:02:19 pm »
I reckon the pass on the last lap of moto2 was better & I hate that class almost as much as the 125 class replacement for 2012

mx250

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2010, 08:37:12 am »
I'm getting a little peeved with the ongoing expectation that every race has got to be a nail biting 5 ring circus through the last corner of the last lap to be exciting.

And then there's the 'responsibility' blaming the tyre, the electronics, a dominant rider, the capacity etc etc etc bullshit bullshit bullshit. Everything from club racing to MotoGP is the same. Close racing is a fluke of a combination of factors - it can't be formulated.

Unless you want Nascars :-\.

Team Yamaha just loves entertaining the crowd with close racing..........

http://motomatters.com/news/2010/10/05/sepang_to_be_rossi_s_last_race_with_yama.html

::)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:47 pm »
dropping the leg think before the corners who started this bullsh---t style of riding.
And if it works on dirt bikes why not use it on road bikes, their corner entries are pretty much dirt track style
[/quote]

Rossi is reputed to have started in MotoGP, I think the technology of traction control has had a big influence on what works, the way they are going MotoGP will look more like drift racing.

I can take or leave MotoGP these days, WSB is where it is really at, they are virtually as fast and in the case of the Suzuki faster than the MotoGP bikes and the fields have more variety.... make mine the Aprillia please
formerly Marc.com

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2010, 04:25:00 pm »
I can take or leave MotoGP these days, WSB is where it is really at, they are virtually as fast and in the case of the Suzuki faster than the MotoGP bikes and the fields have more variety.... make mine the Aprillia please
If you believe Ducati's vent during this years championship & announcement of their exit the Aprilia is a MotoGP bike racing against streetbikes. Biaggi rightly pointed out that Ducati had no problems when the rules allowed them to run whatever they wanted. I wonder if Aprilia will return to MotoGP after the rule changes come in

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2010, 05:43:33 pm »
Piaggo Group CEO gave a big fat NO WAY to that. Aprilia still have a bad taste in their mouths from the 'murder in the night' of the 250 and 125cc classes.