Author Topic: Honda CT110  (Read 3874 times)

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Honda CT110
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:00:36 am »
I was wondering if post 1985 model postie bikes could be considered follow on models as they havent changed much ;D Reason i ask i would like to bring along my 95 model to future vinduros as a back up bike in case the YZ craps itself early on in the event.
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Honda CT110
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:48:22 pm »
Have they changed at all?!  ;D

They'd have to be about the longest running model without any changes wouldn't they? Not even a new colour scheme!

trailietrash

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:08:47 pm »
You will find that there has been very many changes to the humble CT110 since being introduced back in 1982 (correct me If this date is wrong), far too many changes to list here, but most of these changes would not affect the major components on this bike. i.e. frame, motor, swingarm and carb have had no significant changes to them that could class them as being manufactured at a later date. The 1999 and on ex postal CT110's do have different forks but their diameter and length are the same as earlier models and they are almost identical to the forks used on the Honda SL70 back in the 70's
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:08:38 pm by trailietrash »

Mick

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:29:05 pm »
There is no rule book that I know of to stop you riding what ever you like in Vinduro's even though I would like to see some so that we have a starting point or is that cut off point??

Cheers Mick.

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 09:39:01 pm »
Well i must come clean, there are a few changes in 98. Yes the forks are different, the in indicators have been relocated off the handle bars, the bars are bigger, the seat is bigger, the baffle is harder to remove and the rear drum brake is bigger. Lucky i have a antique 95 and a 2001 model ;D
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

trailietrash

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 11:09:35 pm »
Well i must come clean, there are a few changes in 98. Yes the forks are different, the in indicators have been relocated off the handle bars, the bars are bigger, the seat is bigger, the baffle is harder to remove and the rear drum brake is bigger. Lucky i have a antique 95 and a 2001 model Grin

Yep.. the rear drum brake is different, much larger than on earlier bikes, and the spokes and nipples and the rim and the front rim and the spokes and nipples for it. The front brake plate (i.e. note where the speedo cable is fitted on pre and post 90's CT's) as well and the forks are the most obvious change.
And yes ... the baffle cannot now be removed with a philips head screwdriver.... which used to make the CT110 sound like a standard 450 dirtbike.

PS...  remove the baffle AND then cut the pipe open about 5" to 6" from the end and remove everything else within the standard pipe, cut about 3.5" from the pipe and weld it back together to make a cheap, go fast pipe for your CT and cut the chrome leg guard to suit  ;)  ;D