Author Topic: Pre85MXWA  (Read 20977 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Pre85MXWA
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »
Well it's happened the feral photographer (Christine) has finished the site for the pre85MXWA club.  Well not quite a club yet.  But all things point to it being successful

www.pre85mxwa.com

Now it's time for all those who showed interest or are interested to stand up.

I believe already events arranged for next yr include;

Club run with the Collie Club

Tumbellgum Farm support class to the moderns

Manjimup 15000, support Class, any eastern states want to ride at one of australia's premier events

Club run with the manjimup club.

More to come, just the start.

Don't be shy, "Lets get Dirty" with the pre85mxwa.

1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Pre85MXWA
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:13:59 pm »
Great stuff-love the look... 8)
Looking forward to a good year in 2010  8)
Just discovered the we posses a 1978 PE250 down the shed somewhere  ::)...the things you learn  :o 
enjoy
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:25:14 pm »
Welcome to the new millenium WA. The value of our Wasps just went up further with your entry to almost modern class.
Good luck and hope your fields are overflowing.
We had a quieter club day yesterday with many opting to say home out of the dust. Debbie and the other girls have called a strike for want of better conditions after two events in a row beig as dusty as buggery and dry as a dead dingos donger. The water truck did more laps than all of us put together so please send us some lovely rain.
 Had our first DNF when we broke a throttle cable in the opener but still managed to win two and I think we can't be beat in the club champs now.
Was hoping to see you all at the ASA titles-do we need to send travel cash??

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:01:12 pm »
would be a real coup to get sidecars as well will have to chat to the appropriate people, Alison where are you!!!
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 01:53:25 pm »
Correct on both counts, we are more frail and our outfits are far cheaper than the pre75 lot!! or else we would stay at home and lament into our beers about how good we was.
It's only the extremely wealthy folk with exceptional well-being and fitness that can even consider running a pre75- and it helps if you've snapped up all the outfits sitting in sheds so you can keep them in a bunker and pick and choose which one you need to win a title or two.
Oh those solo boys have it soooo easy eh!
Just watch out that the pre85 guys don't show up on a two stroke rocket or we'll soon be back to where we were in 1985 when the light weights buggered our sport.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:09:50 pm »
sorry about the thread hijack.
Got talking to a bloke while looking at the wonderful full grid lines at Manji hanging on the wall in pic form,and I asked the questions of "what has happened to all those 70,80's outfits" , he was in the  belief another contributing factor was the introduction of four wheeler's into the mx scene.
Not that I have seen more than 7  four wheelers on the start line at a club level in the last 5 odd years.Full grids at the Nats though
Bring on the Pre85MXWA club season  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 03:34:41 pm »
It's ok to highjack a thread-it makes the followers keep up and pay attention. We could shift to side car thread if you want?
The most likley reason for any decline in sidecar numbers is the lack of passengers and/or their training in the first place. we must keep a good supply at hand or fail.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:56:52 pm »
Your problem is that people are too well educated these days.  They all know how scary it is getting into the chair and relying on some crazed rider with white line fever to keep the whole thing upright  :o :o :o

I spent my teens swinging for my father in speedway  8) , but then I was too smart to give MX a go (well, I did it once, but only once)  ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 08:59:03 pm »
Pirie, the year I started I was asked to to try speedway as they were a bit short that year, seems they lost 2 passengers in a big crash up in Darwin and new recruits were very hard to find.
I think I will see if ASA will let me put up an award for the best up and coming motocross passenger each year-perhaps some dough towards sending them to UK or Europe for a trip.

magoo

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 09:05:28 pm »
Hey Tossa, good luck with the WA Pre '85 getting up but somehow it seems to have turned into the WA Sidecar Club. How that happened is beyond me so you'll need all the luck you can find to stay focused.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 09:09:29 pm »
If you get the right outfit, you can unbolt the chair and race the open solo, then bolt it back on when/if your passenger turns up/lol!!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 09:21:45 pm »
It's very simple

If you want to talk about it, present it on our start line, wouild be brilliant!!!

Yeah, Magoo i know fighting a loosing battle.  but how slow do you have to talk for these sidecar freaks to understand!!lol
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

ianscr250

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:40 pm »
look if your realy gunna push this pre 85 thing can we have a handicap (ie i do 1 lap to you guys doing five)  im to old  three laps kills me
and on the side cars i still remember greg billing and andrew bowling in tassie riding a yz 80 chair it looked hillarious even though difficult to ride so if the chair guys have the balls to play that way bring it on as a class

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 09:04:48 am »
Alli. I meant sending just the best passenger to UK/Europe for a try out, not the whole team. That way they could learn a bit more and understand how much their effort/input goes towards the whole sidecar driving thing.
And if they were good enough they might get the chance to stay and race.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 09:56:26 am »
So the sidecar boys are running out of passengers eh?
I beleive the Japanese had a similar problem with their Kamakaze pilots ::) ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/