Author Topic: CD-5  (Read 125755 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: CD-5
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2008, 12:47:16 AM »
THanks Rosco for the Pic's mate.   Cheers for making the effort for us.   LOoks great.  Got any forum HAw pics coming ?  Be good to see some faces.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
hey rossco i was in that same postion where you took that pic right beside the metal fence...you didnt happen to talk to some dude with a fishing hat and video cam hanging around his neck,that was me...hey who can you blame for joel coming off his bike...i know joel was takin it a bit easy but bloody hell per klitland just ran up his arse and knocked him down....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:11:39 AM by Andrew vmx »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2008, 09:15:19 AM »
SOUND LIKE A PAY BACK TO ME  ;)

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #468 on: April 27, 2008, 09:28:07 AM »
Fantastic to see some of the legends yesterday.  The 465 mount of Gally was also not a bad look.....  Un fortunate about Joel.  He spoke with us afterwards and was in good spirits.  I have a bunch of photos that I will post to later, including closeups while JR was still on the bike.

Hey,  There is a another legends ride this arvo, so maybe this thread will require some more hard disk space!!

Fantastic event.  Not a lot of bikes for sale,  but good parts.  I sold some old forks and exhaust,  which paid for petrol,  ride fee and incidentals.  Will report more later.  The tributes will undoubtable roll in over the next 2 nights from all.  Very well organised.  Early ups to VMX-MAG.

One of the best late editions,  was the VMX Name Badges,  sugested by some legend.  Great to see some of the people who we sometimes only contact or see online through this forum.,

mx250

« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2008, 09:28:51 AM »
SOUND LIKE A PAY BACK TO ME  ;)
..or brain fade....or mind willing, body weak....or....good idea, poor exicution...or....'gee, this mud's slippery'...or....'gee, this maico suspension is not as good as the farm's XT.....or.....

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #470 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »
Hi andrew,  I don't want to start a massacre here with the other attendees,  because this is essentially a great ocassion for us to just witness a point in history,  but in support,  you probably are correct.  My memory is terminally bad,  at the best of times,  so please correct me.  At least 2 riders had passed Joel Robert befoe the crash?  I think it would have been more respectful and better for the media if no passing in the first lap and Joel was able to complete at the front of the pack for all the fotos etc. 

No need to reply Andrew.  I really, really enjoyed yesterday,  and to see all these people,  legends and bikes from all over.

Where I come from, Gaston Rahier was the 70's star,  brought out by Suzi NZ,  and people came from miles away, at the time. 
Another small guy, 
another Belgiun. 
All money is not going to secure this one for CD6. 
(another legend).

Is there anyone at CD5 that is online????????

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #471 on: April 27, 2008, 10:15:51 AM »
Hi Rosco
Great photo/

There is something about these short guys,  how they are positioned over the handle bars.  Jocky Like.
For me,  as a taller guy,  it is hard to get to that posn./

Rosco400

« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »
hey rossco i was in that same postion where you took that pic right beside the metal fence...you didnt happen to talk to some dude with a fishing hat and video cam hanging around his neck,that was me...hey who can you blame for joel coming off his bike...i know joel was takin it a bit easy but bloody hell per klitland just ran up his arse and knocked him down....

Yeah that was me Andrew,  I reckon it was just one of those things, Joel was going slow and was huggin the front brake, Per really didnt have nowhere to go because he had bikes either side of him, just glad neither of them got hurt, sure theyve seen and been in worse situations, give Joel & Per something to talk about at CD6 ::) Besides, Per was riding a MAICO so it could not have been his fault :-X
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 05:45:27 PM by Rosco400 »

Quicksilver

« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2008, 05:28:36 PM »
Just got home. What I can say!!. Damn best time ive had a very long time. Lost for words. Great to meet so many of the forum blokes their. Good times..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Well worth the effort to get their. Exceeded my expections by far....

Oldrodder

« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »
Good to see your home safe and sound quicky.

Quicksilver

« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »
Thank rodder. Never would of found the place without your help. Thanks again mate..Your a champ. ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
Quicky really do hope the XL was what you wanted.?? and please rest those wounds NOW!!!! Cheers Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2008, 06:25:18 PM »
How di Joel Robert go today?, did he ride again?, did he stay upright?

Quicksilver

« Reply #479 on: April 27, 2008, 06:30:02 PM »
Its all good Tim...

Nathan kicked it up and we had her running. Tm Bill, oldfart and Nathan were all willing to take her out on the track but she just wasnt ready, we were all busy doing other things didnt get time to much around with it so she never got on to the track for a run. I will play with it in few weeks see how she goes.  
Those XR75 forks are still in ute mate I didnt notice until unloading tonight. Hope your happy with the TM..