Author Topic: CD-5  (Read 125094 times)

firko

Re: CD-5
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2007, 12:06:23 PM »
Jeez Ken, couldn't you do a bit better than Joel Robert? What did that fat prick ever do?

mx250

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »
the mystery rider is........

Joel Robert

We're very happy to say the least and yes, Joel will be doing a few laps on both Saturday and Sunday.  From the chats I've had with him so far all I can say is that he's very friendly and very keen to meet everyone downunder.  There'll be more news on the website in a few days time.  Don't know about you but I'm pretty excited!

Regards

Ken
Wow :o, for no other reason than to be in the presence of the great man is reason enough for me to be there. You could hold CD5 at Perth and I'll be there ;).

I might even buy a CZ 8)  (Suzuki, never :-X). I'll have to re-read that excellent article that was recently in VMX.

eno

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »
Hey wonder if he can still lift a VW off the ground...or stub his smoke out on ya handlebar as he waits on the line  ;D

211kawasaki

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2007, 01:59:11 PM »
the guy must have been super human, the old movies show him getting handed a beer and a smoke after he rides in from 40 minutes plus 2 laps. Look forward to seeing him, bet he's still quick! :P :P :P

DT

Rosco400

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »
the guy must have been super human, the old movies show him getting handed a beer and a smoke after he rides in from 40 minutes plus 2 laps. Look forward to seeing him, bet he's still quick! :P :P :P

DT

Now thats my sort of hero :D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »
spot on Ken!
and a world first for good o'le ozvmx hey.
i can see the Zooki boys getting thier best feul tanks ready for a signiture now!
"flat bickie"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2007, 05:13:56 PM »
JOEL ROBERT!! I'm impressed.
He was a chubby bugger when he first won the World Championship; there's hope for me yet... ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

All Things 414

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2007, 06:00:28 PM »
Let's hope none of those ol' dinosaur four-strokes start back-firing. Poor ol' Joel will be ducking for cover......

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
A genuine international superstar for sure, and we all read it here first. Cool alright. Hmmm... maybe I should take the TM along for that obligatory tank signing? Great news, especially that he'll do a few laps. Who would ever have thought we'd see that in Oz? CD5 is sounding brilliant isn't it? I'll be there Friday early this time!!!

BONEHEAD

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2007, 08:19:01 AM »
cd5 what is the actual date for this event, cause i only live down the road and have never been to or raced in a cd, looking forward to see you all just need to know a date. CHEERS BONEHEAD ;D ;D

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007, 10:31:37 AM »
"Classic Dirt 5 will be held on April 25/26/27 at Barleigh Ranch, Raymond Terrace, NSW. Cool

For those that don't know, Raymond Terrace has a new leasee who is putting a great deal of time and money into the facility and if you haven't been there recently, you would be very pleasantly surprised at how improved the facility and track are already, with more improvements due to be in place prior to the running of CD5.

Included in the improvements will be a complete track resurfacing, which should make it very Vintage bike friendly for CD5.

We also feel that the general layout of the Raymond Terrace facility will be ideal for CD5, as it has a natural ampitheatre in front of the track which will form the focus for activities during the event.

As a lot of people ended up jumping the gun last year and turned up on the Friday, we have decided this year to have a Welcome BBQ on the Friday afternoon, to celebrate the Anzac spirit, so be sure to "bring a mate" to CD5. Wink

Once again, it needs to be said that CD5 would not be possible without the generous support of Suzuki, our major event sponsor."

From another thread lost in time. 8)

mx250

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
Well, it's tomorrow already so I better do what I said I was going to do and let you know who will be attending CD5.  VMX Magazine and Suzuki Australia are proud to announce (world first scoop here on OzVMX by the way) that the mystery rider is........

Joel Robert

We're very happy to say the least and yes, Joel will be doing a few laps on both Saturday and Sunday.  From the chats I've had with him so far all I can say is that he's very friendly and very keen to meet everyone downunder.  There'll be more news on the website in a few days time.  Don't know about you but I'm pretty excited!

Regards

Ken

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Joel_candid.htm

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Joel60s.htm

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Joel%201971.htm

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Joel%20photos%201972.htm

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Joel_photos_1975.htm

Enjoy! :)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »
Do you thyink we can get a crowd up like this to make it like 75 ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mx250

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
http://www.vmxtv.com/

for an interview with Joel, and other good stuff  ;D.

Doc

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »
Logistics planning is underway as we speak. I know team Dodgee/Suzuki Central will be a happening thing but I feel sure we can add a few more 'I wanna go too' to the list. The Kiwi connection aka TMBill and DJRacing may even be making the jump across the ditch so things really are taking on an international flavour. All good! Jeez if I could get Joels' autograph on a particular item I'd be real impressed and that chance alone makes this a must attend gathering of like minded old buggers (and buggerettes)  ;D