Author Topic: Mmmmmmm, yummy..........  (Read 14305 times)

mx250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Mmmmmmm, yummy..........
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:30:13 am »
Thanks mx250 now that's a nice start to the eyes for the day  :)
These bikes go like a power too,good to see some clean ones  ;)   ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:10:19 am »
Nice conversion to a Scrambles bike....B44R is a "Roadster"...first appears in 1967..

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:45:17 pm »
very nice...... like the attention to detail, chromed swingarm and tasty chain adjustors. Plus Black and polished metal always works well togther.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:01:41 pm »
I love 'em both but the Cheney is especially nice. The bike is conceptually very similar to my under construction Cheney RT1 (Same tank, Rickman hubs, CZ forks etc) . I was originally going with the bare, blasted, sand cast look on the engine but the black engine in this beauty has shown me that shine + black looks great. I like the satin black Rickman hubs too, although I've already had mine polished it's no biggy to paint 'em I suppose. Just when you think you've seen every way possible of dressing a Cheney someone else comes along with another take on it.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:08:08 pm »
Since we're on to British today, i'd like to mention that a customer has dropped off a Royal Enfield Flying Flea for us to restow for him. Bit of a basket case but he assures me 'it used to run' mmmmm!
He said if I get it going i can ride it at the scrambles for him!!
Now I'm only new back to this VMX stuff but does anyone have another Flying Flea so I can challenge him to a shoot out-or will I have to go in the pre75 with the Elsinores??
I can see why the used to throw them out of aeroplanes during the second war-only way they could possibly get the holeshot!!

firko

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 02:23:24 pm »
   I knew a bloke a few years ago who bought an old war service house at Matraville. A few months after moving in  he was excavating under the house to build a cellar/garage he found two Flying Fleas buried complete. The'd been wrapped in a tarp and  buried. We figured that they had to have been buried before the house had been built as it was impossible to have manhandled them under and between the pillars. The house had been built in 1946 or 1947 so the Fleas must have been fairly new when buried. They were pretty cactus but I remember the engines were still free, I guess you can't kill those old Villiers units. Unfortunately I can't remember what Mick did with them.  I reckon they were way ahead of their time, one of the first big wheel mini bikes.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:25:32 pm by firko »

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:46:28 pm »
Correct me if Iam wrong the frames both look like victor GP's but one has a channy/wasp swinging arm. Why did I not think of it instead of stuffing around to fix my GP arm.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:30:56 pm »
Com'on Firko, how do I get it out the gate 1st and will it hold a line thru a berm??

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 04:03:10 pm »
Com'on Firko, how do I get it out the gate 1st and will it hold a line thru a berm??

enter it in the right class  ;)   ;D

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=3350.0
cheers
Best is in the West !!

dave

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »
Real motorcross bikes didn't exist until the Japanese entered the market!!! Well for a young 40 year old they didn't.

mainline

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:33 am »
i'm only 39, and they sure as hell look like MX bikes to me

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 11:51:59 am »
Real motorcross bikes didn't exist until the Japanese entered the market!!! Well for a young 40 year old they didn't.

I started out buying the VMX bikes of my youth, but then found the old pommy stuff had a different dimension and the Rickmans and Cheneys are very cool.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 12:21:17 pm »
check this out Dave and tell me it is not sweet.

Its a bit like old pommy cars, a Riley Kestrel may not get you going like an SLR5000 but allow some time to appreciate the walnut dash and leather...parallel universe and not directly comparable but still cool. 

formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 01:12:51 pm »
Thanks marcFX for the pic  :-*
How can you not be in love with that   :P
Best is in the West !!