Author Topic: HEAVEN's 10 Year Anniversary Gig  (Read 24376 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
HEAVEN's 10 Year Anniversary Gig
« on: September 14, 2009, 01:06:09 pm »
Now, this sounds like fun. A Day/Twilight event at Canowindra. I recall a thread from a while back about this event but as yet no info has been forthcoming. Is the event still a goer? Can anyone tell me the details, like what, when, and classes etc? I believe it is to be held Saturday arvo. Is there any riding on Sunday? I am VERY keen to get to this as it will only be my second VMX race this year. Will there really be a Pre 78 RM125 race?

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVEN's 10 Year Anniversary Gig
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:34:25 pm »
This event is defineately a goer. Event is being held at Canowindra NSW on the October long weekend. Saturday afternoon (evening maybe) will be trophy races based on age groups and Sunday will be two full rounds of normal HEAVEN pointscore racing. Camping facilities available at the track with showers and toilets, some power available on a first in best dresses basis. Pre 78 freindly grass track is going to be the order of the weekend with possibly a few small man made obstacles but again, these shall be Pre 78 friendly. We hope to get the flyer up on the website this week. The whole event is being promoted as a family event with plenty of local shopping and small country town attractions for the ladies. So get behind it guys and indulge in a roadtrip. It will be a great weekend so lets all get behind it.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:41:19 pm »
Are the Mexican's welcome?
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:47:36 pm »
Mexicans, Canadians, you name em. The more the better.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:54:58 pm »
I'm there. :)
Just up the road, in a nice part of the world, and the opportunity to race in a different setting - how could you miss it?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
I'll blow the dust of the 83 KX500 and grab a drum of race fuel and where a goer.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:22 pm »
On a sensitive note, I heard that Damo got his arse kicked by an old bloke, like 20 YEARS older!
Sorry Damo, I heard it on the news last night! EVERYBODY was laughing er talking about it LOL!  :D

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 08:26:40 am »
Great racing on the weekend between Carl and Damo in a number of classes, even if I was watching it from behind them in their dust! I am sure that both of them would agree. The 125 Trophy race was close for the whole race with not more than a couple of bike lengths in it for the majority of the race with Damo edging out Carl for the win. Carl was to exact his revenge though in the Pre85 Open race on his 84 CR500 that looked in unmolested original condition and showed us all how a big bore two banger should be ridden. Talking with Carl about the bike over the weekend  and he said that he loves riding the bike and he sure  does know how to ride it.

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 12:24:22 pm »
On a sensitive note, I heard that Damo got his arse kicked by an old bloke, like 20 YEARS older!
Sorry Damo, I heard it on the news last night! EVERYBODY was laughing er talking about it LOL!  :D

Brad,
You are a BAD MAN and a great fisherman.

If the WP shock on the 500 did not blow up and turn into a pogo spring it would have been a different story, Carl is always a fast racer and fierce competitor and deserves the spoils because he always puts in 110%.

Damo.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 07:25:16 pm »
Looks like it may be a little while till we can get any more info from the HEAVEN site, it's been hacked. Hopefully their web-host can get it back online soon. In the meantime, if I can post anything here on OzVMX please let me know or send it to webmaster at ozvmx.com. I'll post up a basic blurb on the home page tonight.

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 08:33:43 pm »
Graeme,
Thanks for that. Much appreciated. We are working on getting the entry forms and all the event details together and hopefully shall forward to you by tomorrow evening at latest. Thanks again.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 08:04:05 pm »
This event just sounds better and better to me. I understand the track is in the showgrounds, in town itself? That is very cool - imagine charging around in the middle of a town... I'm hoping they've even got grandstands and stuff for the huge and vocal crowd to pack and cheer us on. Or am I getting a bit carried away now?

Whatever, a nice little grasstrack on an oval in town with twilight racing has to be something you wouldn't want to miss!

Here's a map of town, I am guessing we are at the Canowindra Oval?

Edit: Yep, there's a grandstand and everything... Looks so nice and green and grassy. Is this sort of like a riding on a golf course thing?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:14:07 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
Yes, sounds awesome.
"The word" is lots of fast-paced age-racing on Saturday arvo/evening - apparently they're aiming for five rounds of racing. Each round will be made up of races for age group races for pre-78 and pre-85.

My biggest dilemma is working out whether to go home on Saturday night, or to stay at Canowindra - but I suspect that Saturday evening might be one not to miss...

*What is "Normal" when you've got characters like Rossco and Fernando lurking around the place? :D

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 09:40:47 pm »
hey guys. just a quick note to let you know that the pic that graeme has posted for canowindra long weekend race is acutally of the sports oval and not the showground. i will try and work out how to post pics on this bloody thing and do so asap. if not just go to google earth and search for rodd street canowindra. you should be able to clearly see the oval trotting track, the bike track will be inside that.....cheers greg

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 09:54:21 pm »
What? You mean we AREN'T ripping up that lovely oval? Bugger... But I guess inside the trotting track is fine too. We couldn't like... ummm... run some long track AROUND the trotting track too, huh?

I tried google street view all the way up Rodd St but couldn't see the trotting track so can't post a pic of it. If anyone has a pic of it email it to me at webmaster at ozvmx.com and I'll post it here.

Nathan I like the sound of all that age racing stuff. It does mean that I won't be up against you at all cos you're such a young whippersnapper, but at least I will only be racing other decrepit old fogies.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:04:23 pm by Graeme M »