Author Topic: another shipping option for you perhaps  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
another shipping option for you perhaps
« on: November 01, 2007, 04:33:43 pm »
take a look , i have listed a "job " as a tester and from what i can see any shipper or back loader can bid for the job, bit like ebay, even has bidders feedback on how well they performed and how many etc, i have spoken to some folks in the US that say it actually works, how well in everycase im not sure, its free to list the item to post so this could be another way around buying in the us if peeps wont ship, just ship it to a mate, jame's house  ;) or the local post office.   

I have been told of a bike picked up from NY and taken to arizona for $270 so thats a shit hot price, apparently the guy had another bike on board and he had been upstate on business and the pick up/delivery paid for his trip.

Well it might just be worth sussing out as another option for you guys.

http://www.uship.com/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:43:54 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mx250

Re: another shipping option for you perhaps
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:00:21 am »
Now there's a good idea  :) I wonder how long before we see it in Oz.

Hey Freaky, was your trial for a price US to Oz?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: another shipping option for you perhaps
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 10:14:17 pm »
NOpe  price was across the continent  from NY to Cal 3,000- + miles, $450 for 2 bikes and 2 motors.  ( i was previously quoted $600 each bike no parts from eagle one, allied, all the big bike haulers, even fed ex was no help either unless you mess around pulling them down.  the guy thats picking them up is dropping off a boat in Michigan and has an empty truck for the return leg :O)

If its works as good as the site does, it so easy to use, its going to really spin off. 

If you look on the international part it lists item like 'take my kitten from wa to perth' , its already in Au just not well known.   

So far this looks like an awesome way to move stuff.   LIke me going to NSw and getting online to see if i can pick something up on the way back to pay for petrol , its abit like organised hitch hiking and its door to door .

i have faith this is going to work out to be the Real deal ! you can see there feedback, and details as well before you accept there bid.

i still got another bike and a frame over there i  havent been able to move, so if the test run works im getting every back here pronto will the dollar is high.  fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:22:58 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff