Author Topic: 100 YEAR CELEBRATION MEETING...TIMARU, NZ.  (Read 815 times)

firko

100 YEAR CELEBRATION MEETING...TIMARU, NZ.
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:18:25 pm »
I've been invited to the 100 year celebration at Timaru, NZ on the October Labour weekend. It's a huge event that includes a classic and modern motocross, road race , hillclimb, 24 hr enduro, twin shock and modern trial and more.
I'm honoured to have  been invited to speak at the banquet on Saturday night along with Ivan Mauger and Rod Coleman, big company indeed. Aussies Edgar Phipps and Bernis Ellis are also coming and I may join them in having a shot at the hillclimb as well.
Are any more Aussies or some of our Kiwi members attending? It sounds like a big deal for South Island racing.
http://www.100yearsouthcanterbury.co.nz/index.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:21:19 am by firko »

basil44

Re: 100 YEAR CELEBRATION MEETING...TIMARU, NZ.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:01:49 am »
Go for it mate, you will have a ball and theyll treat you like royalty, and you probably wont be around for the 200th aniversary? Remember were here for a good time, not a long time ;D ;D ;)Cheers John.

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:59:01 am »
Hey Firko
Have raced at Timaru on a couple of previous occasions and will be there this time. The guys realy know how to have fun and the competition is great. They know how to stay on the gas.
If any one wants to race in NZ I would suggest that you get to this event.  There is ussually a bike avilable from someone.

regards
Carl

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:50:51 am »
Hey Mark great your coming over  :) I will almost certinaly be going down for the week cheers Bill :)

firko

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 11:40:47 am »
Good one Bill and Carl. We're looking forward to it. I'm trying to get Jolly down as well for a decent Klub Kevlar representation ;D. Edgar goes over every year and is good mates with Rob Happer, Chris Drake, Malcolm and many other of the South Island guys. I've got some good friends who coincidentally live in Timaru and they've been trying for yonks to get me over there and the planets just happened to be aligned enough to pull it off, even if it's only for a weekend. We're talking about coming over for a North Island gig next year as well, maybe Pukekohe.

I look forward to catching up Bill ;).