Author Topic: YDS2 works bike  (Read 1233 times)

albrid-3

YDS2 works bike
« on: August 29, 2009, 10:13:25 am »
Well hello fellows, Oz Titles in QLD was great, had a ball, Many thanks to the Club and workers on the day. Firko and Drakey loved the commentary. My new Project, yes its the Yamaha YDS2 Twin pre 65 works bike. l have started, first l have to stand and look at it for a while with a coffee and three faggs
Selling off all the YDS2 road trims to help with finance the project Photo will come soon. cheers Dave #46
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:15:40 am by albrid-3 »

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Re: YDS2 works bike
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 05:02:00 pm »
Put the coffee down & pick the camera up can't wait love these older bike projects.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:15 pm »
Albrid you may now have to replace the thumbnail picture of the CZ with one of an Ascot scambler.Cheers mate.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:07:20 pm »
i think its on ebay at present in bits ::)

Way to f#$k a good bike, Dave.
 ???

Surely, getting $3k for the complete bike is better than selling $500 worth of parts and not having a bike to put back together?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 07:22:31 am »
That's the YDS2 from Ebay from the 'gong :o. And you're breaking it up :o :o. That's sacrilege :-[. I hope all your chooks turn to emu's and kick ya dunny down >:(.

What did you have in the coffee, how many did you have and what were you smoking at the time? ::).

With very little effort that collection of bits could have been this...

All the 'hard to find' bits, like the air cleaners, speedo and tool box, are all there.  That's a 'rare as' bike and to break it up is just plain wrong >:( and I think financially stupid :P.

firko

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:49:12 am »
Dave...For fu*k sake pull the auctions and put the bloody thing back together. Not only is it wrong to dismantle such a clean original (and extremely rare)bike, it's going to be all for shit as the serious betting money would have you odds on for never finishing the bike and sell it for half what you've put into it, as your past history has so often shown.

Add to the fact the dubious motocross potential* of the bike and that you'd have to hack the fu*k out of it to even come close to achieving the needed geometry, further exasperating the "crime".

*with respect to Nathan who is at least starting with a dunger basketcase, I still think the stock frame is unusable.