Author Topic: WHOS GOING TO THE DIRTTRACK NATIONALS  (Read 10973 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
WHOS GOING TO THE DIRTTRACK NATIONALS
« on: August 24, 2009, 06:40:29 pm »
GUYS NEED SOME SUPPORT FOR THIS MEETING
iam going with 3 bikes also going to the club day on the 6th
chers
jim

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: WHOS GOING TO THE DIRTTRACK NATIONALS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:48:57 pm »
I'm in,
2 bikes pre 70 open and pre 78 open,
plus pre75 40 -50 open and evo open

the word is age races are open to any bike pre 75 that means pre70 and pre 65 qualify for age racing.
cheers
Noel

colmoody

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:37:27 pm »
Yeah I'll be their with the turkey. If you have'nt entered yet do yourself and the promoting club a favour and do it tomorrow.

firko

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:51:49 pm »
Why aren't you people entering the Dirt Track Nats? What's the problem guys? Is Dirt Track below your lofty talents?
The number of "racers" who've told me they're "going up to watch and get on the piss" is annoying me no end. Why are the motocross fraternity turning their back on racing an event that should have an entry list rivalling that of the Conondale Nats? Back in the first wave of vintage racing we all race dirt track and motocross. It was vintage racing and looked at the different disciplines as particular challenges. Now, for some bizarre reason the new wave of vintage prima donnas seem to look down on dirt track as some sort of circus act, below their obviously high standards.

I get so disapointed in vintage "racers". Clubs go out on a limb to put on events for the brenefit of the sport but for some nancy boy reason the racers who should be there in droves ignore it. Of course they'll travel all over the state to race on substandard motocross tracks at meetings put on by people who don't give a f*#ck about you but to go to an event that's specifically designed for the vintage racer is too much an ask.

Naturally you'll all come on this forum and bleat your hearts out when clubs finally realise that they're beating their heads against a wall and stop promoting vintage race meetings. You'll all cry and whine about the death of vintage racing while not even realising that it's you who killed it by not supporting the events.

Come on guys, for f*#k sake support the sport that supports you. If you call yourself a vintage racer, please do the right thing and get your entry in for the Barleigh Ranch Nats ASAP.  

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:01:11 pm »
I'm planning on going, have never ridden the dirt track nats, only motocross. Will get my entry in within next couple of days as soon as i sort out which bikes will be ready.

colmoody

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:33:26 pm »
Johnny O it's been half an hour since your last post, so which bikes ready.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:46:52 pm »
I will be there entered already Pre 75 125, 250  & Over 250 (have to catch a turkey).Got a 1600 km round trip from Griffith means a four day weekend two travelling & two having a blast. All you motorcross  riders have to do is put on a suitable rear tyre ( $120.00 - $ 190.00 ),send in your entry for the meeting then you can have a real close look at the racing from the right side of the fence .You can still get on the grog at night & take about the day . YOU may even have some fun. If vintage racing dies it is not much use having a bike in the shed that has no where to go except in the lounge room . Just watch the price of these prestine machines drop like a brick then .
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:50:03 pm by Grasy 6 »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 08:52:18 pm »
Johnny O it's been half an hour since your last post, so which bikes ready.
Ha..give me a break!
At the moment i've got the 490 maico and RM250b ready to go and hopefully 1 more as well.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 09:06:06 pm »
I made it to Canberra last year and it was a top weekends racing .It was my first Vintage Title event and had a ball . I had only ridden Dirt Track a few times before that so if your thinking about having a go just go for it you will pick it up quick .To get on the pace may take a bit more time . I wont make it this year after a few setbacks and i'm spewing about it . Good luck to all the Lucky Ones who make it .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 09:50:45 pm »
Sent my entry today, entered in pre 75 132cc to 250cc 40-49yrs & pre 85 263cc & over.
To me dirt track shows the truely skilled racers because you don't need to be super fit or spent heaps on suspension to be competitive.
Racing dirt track certainly improved my corner speed on the mx track.
83 KX500, 83 RM250D, Can Am MX2.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 10:49:54 pm »
Yes lots of vintage guys a slack when it comes to entering, but to be fair Firko, there is quite a few
dirt track guys who don't support the Motocross events either,
   and lots of club day riders who don't do championship events,
some think dirt track is too fast and dangerous! but I think more old bodies get hurt on the MX track than the Dirt track
 its great fun and you only have to go as hard as you want,
 just don't get in front of the young guys who are going for it, they take no prisoners,
On the up side
Heaven has decided to sponsor a few races as a cross promotion for all the hard work and support the Hunter guys give them,
so any one sitting on the fence make the leap and come and have a go.
Cheers
Noel

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 10:50:59 pm »
mines going in tommorrow!,ossa ,& the honda XL,need coke to go with the turkey ;)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:49 pm »
noel
i dont do mx but i never did inthe 70s either.just dont like my wheels off the ground.with dirttrack i just go at my own speed.if i come last i dont care just having fun riding my bikes just like i did in 1972-1980s
jim

firko

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 11:03:29 pm »
Yes lots of vintage guys a slack when it comes to entering, but to be fair Firko, there is quite a few
dirt track guys who don't support the Motocross events either
True Noel but it never used to be like that. We rode everything.
To go to bat for dirt trackers a little, it's easier for a motocrosser to go dirt tracking than to expect a bloke who's only ever gone around a smooth dirt track to attack the stutters and jumps of a motocross circuit.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 11:10:21 pm »
Granted ,
and I'm trying to put a positive spin on it and encourage MX guys to give it ago,
I'm just a little protective of the current NSW MX
 which still seems to be copping a bit of flack from days gone by,
But as I posted Heaven, as a club, is supporting the dirt track Nats
Cheers
Noel