Author Topic: World Champ  (Read 3026 times)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
World Champ
« on: August 24, 2009, 01:04:40 pm »
Hi guys. Just letting you guys know that Aus has its first every world MX champ. Jay Wilson. Goto www.fullnoise.com.au . Also Tye Simmonds got second. And anouther thing both of these riders are our (Moree Motorcycle Club) club members. It maks you proud to be presidet when things like this happen.

TM BILL

Re: World Champ
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:43:20 pm »
I was at the event  :) and the entire Aussie team road well  :)You blokes took the nations cup as well. With Chad wrapping up the US outdoors this weekend its been a pretty good month in MX for the green and gold  :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:52:08 pm »

quote TMBill=I was at the event  Smiley   your a bike junkie Bill   :o   :P

Yer go the green and gold---shotput/disk throw got gold too....

Strange they put a 15 year old on a 85 to win it  :-X
cheers
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:59:06 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 04:33:18 pm »
That one was easy Allison  :) i didn,t have to travel far to that event . My yard is that close to the track, if i fart in my yard  the canteen profits at the track drop for a bit  ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:29:16 pm »
Bill if you had sold your bikes for  a $1 each at the track you would be a Squillionaire.......lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 08:54:07 pm »
That one was easy Allison  :) i didn,t have to travel far to that event . My yard is that close to the track, if i fart in my yard  the canteen profits at the track drop for a bit  ;D

Hey Bill ! you got this happening in your yard-? hope not for the canteens sake.  ;D

The Taupo Motorcycle Club is set to host another major event with the 23rd running of its Energy Centrepoint Labour Day Extravaganza.

Over 400 of New Zealand’s elite riders will head to Taupo to claim their share of the $20,000 prizemoney hoping to walk away with the prestigious feature race which has been won by top New Zealand riders in the past including Ben Townley and Josh Coppins.

Saturday October 24th will see the Mini, Women and Juniors riders compete at the world-class Digger McEwen track. The track which has just hosted the 2009 RoadCraft Junior World Championships will be prepped to the highest standard and should prove a great challenge to New Zealand’s best riders.

On Sunday October 25th the senior riders will hit the circuit competing in the same classes as the Senior Nationals format with the top ten from each of the three classes being invited to the prestigious feature race.

This race carries the overall title for the weekend and with names like Darryl Hurley, Darryl King, Ben Townley and Josh Coppins as previous winners, it’s the one that all the riders want to win.

The Digger McEwen track is the home of the Taupo Motorcycle Club and is situated right in the heart of Taupo on Miro St.

The circuit features many obstacles which will see the riders flying high in the air, jumping through the legendary sawdust pits as they battle for their respective titles.

Spectators can buy tickets at the gate over the weekend and riders can get entry forms via the club website www.taupomcc.co.nz .
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:57:28 am »
I'm going to the Taupo event with my fellow Kevlars Bernie Ellis and Edgar Phipps. Bernie is going to race Malcolm Hills CZ Falta at the VMX and Edgar'll ride Malcolms newly imported Champion B50 flat tracker in the hill climb. I may have a ride in the hillclimb on one of Malcolms British collection myself. I'm giving a speech at the Saturday night banquet along with Ivan Mauger and Rod Coleman so I'm pretty honoured to be in that kind of company. Buggered if I know what I'm going to talk about but I'm sure I'll think of something. ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 01:03:52 pm »
Firko, have you been smoking something illegal or is alzimers setting in?. aren't you going to the shindig in the South Island?  ;D ;D 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 01:33:24 pm »
Jeeeeez! All of thos Kiwi names sound the same.....Taupos up North, Timaru's down south. I'd better not forget my map when I go over there! ;D
The date screwed me up. Fancy two big bike events on the same day in towns both starting with T in a little place like New Zealand! I'll be buggered!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:38:10 pm by firko »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 08:28:20 pm »
Was that your first seniors moment Mark? ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

firko

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
Mate I wish it was my first. I'm having an ever increasing number of seniors moments on a daily basis. I've been spending way too much time with 90 year olds so it must be catchy.  :(

Power Stand

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 11:49:17 pm »
Well done Jay Wilson and its good to see depth of young Aussie bike rider talent out there.  :)