Author Topic: HELP I'M DESPERATE AMAL CARBY  (Read 1753 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
HELP I'M DESPERATE AMAL CARBY
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »
Due to some apparent incompetance on my behalf I somehow managed to order the right carby with the wrong mixing chamber top from The Amal Carby Company in the UK. What I got was set up for an air cable adjuster which I don't need. What I need is a Mixing Chamber Top with the the correct spiggot set up for a normal throttle cable. Confused? So am I!! It's now too late to get a replacement from UK in time for my first race in early September so I'm hopeful someone out there can help. I will happily give you my first born child if required (he is 24 and I call him rusty rifle as he has never fired a shot!) Please call on 0400044093 or 0359615889 or [email protected]  Jerry

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: HELP I'M DESPERATE AMAL CARBY
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:34:58 pm »
Speaking of incompetence I just realised I forgot to mention what model carby it is. MK1 Concentric 32 mm I believe it's a 932 model of a MK3 Pursang. I'm having a bad day.... Jerry

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »
so do you mean the top cover which is held on by 2 phillips head screws has a hole/thread for a choke cable? If you not using a choke, just remove the choke slide and block off the cable outlet for the choke cable. Thasts what i normally do with those Amals. I nornally use silicon and/or a rubber plug or a bolt, just what ever fits/seals/does the job.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:51:57 pm »
Thanks mate I had thought of doing that. Its good to hear from someone else to confirm that thats OK to do it. I guess I will then tap out the spiggot on the throttle slide side and fit a cable adjustor and I should be right. Thanks again I appreciate it. Jerry

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »
seen it done on heaps of Amals. As you have the tickler you dont really need a choke. If the tickler doesnt work check that its not fouling on the manifold flange studs. A lot of the brand new Amals i get seem to just touch the stud and the tickler sticks or doesnt go all the way down, but it can be fixed easily.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:10:00 pm »
Thanks again I owe you one. Jerry