Author Topic: Anybody live near an S.A. border or on the S.A. coast?  (Read 1304 times)

Tony T

Anybody live near an S.A. border or on the S.A. coast?
« on: October 27, 2007, 09:48:27 am »
Why? I hear you ask............
Starting in May next year, ex-SideTrack editor Tony Kirby and myself will be riding around South Australia to raise much-needed money for The Childhood Cancer Association. The route is planned to follow the coast and every border as closely as possible. A total trip of over 6000kms crossing some of the most remote areas of the country.
Just yesterday we secured major sponsorship from a motorcycle manufacturer which will include the supply of bikes, spares and even a minibike or quad to raffle off. So this thing is getting bigger by the day.  ;D  Offical announcement soon.
We will start and finish in Adelaide, but I'd just like to make contact with anyone who may live near some of the areas we'll be passing through. 1. To get advice on tracks in the area and 2. If it all turns to shit, we know who to call.  ;) So if you live on the S.A. coast or near any one of the S.A. borders, we'd like hear from you.
The biggest hurdle so far was getting permission to enter the aboriginal APY Lands in the far North-West.
They simply don't issue transit permits. But thanks to a combination of months of persistance and good luck, the council have given their blessing to the project.
If anyone is interested, we'll have updates at www.myspace.com/roundsa2008 and I'll probably hit you blokes to buy raffle tickets etc as well...................  ;)
Sorry it's not a VMX post, but there's so many of you lot out there, I thought it was a good place to start.

mx250

Re: Anybody live near an S.A. border or on the S.A. coast?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »
Do you need a goofer? ;D I'd make a great goofer ;). I'll deliver world class coffee at 5am  :-*. my little fingers will work their magic on your seat weary bum cheeks when you'll need it  :o . I'll be your little goofer and 'stand in' rider when it all comes too much 8). I'll evn allow myself to be photographed in an 'other than Yamaha' tee shirt  :P

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody live near an S.A. border or on the S.A. coast?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 12:46:25 pm »
what the f**&77