Author Topic: Another not so newbie  (Read 1607 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Another not so newbie
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:06:35 pm »
Hi all. Mark here. New to the forum but not to the site. Its amazing what you find time for when sporting an injury! At the momment i`m nursin a knee that took the place of my BSA B50`s suspension (what???) at the aussie titles when the footpeg mount snapped off on the uphill ski jump after turn 2. My first attempt at the aussies ended on the first day....I think I need to protest against the footpeg finishing in front of me! Needless to say, i`m lookin forward to Broadford next year. I`ve got a few bikes in the shed, All of em from the 70's and early 80's apart from the R1200GS and the ministry of finances CRF230. I own and operate The Bike Movers motorcycle transport company so I get to look at alot of bikes but not much time to ride. The brain still remembers how I used to ride but somehow the body can`t communicate with the brain....must have something to do with the considerable girth I carry these days! I'm a member of the Classic Scramble Club in Victoria so I get to ride a couple of my bikes at least. Stepping off modern bikes with 300mm + of suspension to 100mm is something the kidneys and back will have to get used to. Look forward to meeting a few of you along the way. Cheers
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Another not so newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:15:10 pm »
hi
welcome
are you the bike mover who has the nice it yamahas
cheers
jim

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:52:30 pm »
Yeah Jim, I had a few nice IT`s. I sold the 490`s and now only have IT250K and 175G. Cheers. Mark

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:24:55 pm »
Excellent news Wasp. We try our best to do our best. Cheers