Author Topic: Viper Membership - Question  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Viper Membership - Question
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:43:07 am »
Hi Guys,  I have a question in hoping that someone might be able to clarify something for me. I am a current Heaven member with a National Club MA licence. Heaven VMX is my affiliated club on my MA licence.  I am in the process of moving to Melbourne and want to join Viper.

The question is - do I have to join a VIC club to be able to join Viper or is my current MA licence and affiliation ok? I want to retain my Heaven membership and do some occasional races in NSW or ACT.  I would assume that I can have only one MA licence.  My current MA licence does not expire until July next year.

Any suggestions, comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
steve

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
Re: Viper Membership - Question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:32:19 pm »

Steve,
Viper is not a club as such but are an MV affiliated committee. At the moment invited clubs run the event and Viper collates the scores etc. In my opinion you would need to join one of the invited clubs to ride then join Viper if you want end of season points. The reason they run it as invited clubs the permit needed is only an interclub, ie cheaper. There are many clubs you could join and there would be no affect on your other memberships or licence (As long as it's a national one) I'm sure Andy Marshal or one of the other Viper committee will pick up this thread and give you the details needed.

Viper web site
http://www.vipermx.com/join.shtml

Viper666
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:54:23 pm »
Thanks Viper666. I was wondering how Viper worked things without being MA affiliated. From what I am now understanding - my current MA National licence should be sufficient to join one of the VIC clubs, and then ride with the Viper crew. 

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 01:06:54 pm »
I just noticed this on the Motorcycling VIC web page

Senior Club Licence

A Senior Club Licence entitles you to compete in closed to club events, or interclub competitions permitted by Motorcycling Australia or Motorcycling Victoria. A Senior is classified as a person who is over the age of sixteen (16).

Hopefully the club guys can get back to me - I know that they are looking into the matter for me. There is no urgency as it looks like the Viper calender is just about finished.

cheers
steve

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:20:30 pm »
Steve, 
If you have a NATIONAL licence be it junior or senior all you have to do is join one of the affiliated clubs. (See link)  http://www.vipermx.com/assets/pdf/Viper09Rd6.pdf  to race the Viper series, if you wish to gain points each round towards end of year trophies etc you have to join Viper as well.

Rob.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:46:14 pm by Viper79 »
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »
Steve, what Area of Melbourne are you locating to? the Dandenong Motorcycle club is Viper Affiliated and a strong club.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:29 pm »
Steve, what Area of Melbourne are you locating to? the Dandenong Motorcycle club is Viper Affiliated and a strong club.

Yer and theres spot available there now that one of their longtime members is retiring!!!!!

All Things 414

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 07:38:36 pm »
I hear children are crying in the streets...... :'(

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 07:59:45 pm »
that's my 2 kids you are hearing all the way up there in Ballarat Rossenheimer ::)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:16 am »
Hi Hoony,

I am going to be living out Essendon way.  I managed to clear a few things up about membership yesterday with the Viper President so it all should be sweet.  And he rides the right coloured bikes !  Is green is good !

It sounds like Dandenong or Ballarat are options for club membership.

steve

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 06:26:38 pm »
I think that guest riders are allowed .The guy from NZ last weekend for eg.
Anyone???

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 08:45:35 pm »
Or Blue rock Motorcycle club. Ballarat would be better for u on that side of town.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »
Hi Hoony,

I am going to be living out Essendon way.  I managed to clear a few things up about membership yesterday with the Viper President so it all should be sweet.  And he rides the right coloured bikes !  Is green is good !

It sounds like Dandenong or Ballarat are options for club membership.

steve

Ballarat is ok if your a polar bear, fairy penguin, or like Icicles (its the coldest place in victoria and the blokes that come from there have all gone mad from brain freeze)

Glad to See Simon see you on the right course, he has green blood where mine is a nice red  ;)

this be the the club for you mate http://www.dmcc.com.au/ unless you have steel spikes to ride ice on your tyres !

Only joking Perko, Ross  & Gatorski :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:25:51 pm by Hoony »
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 09:25:23 pm »
What ever club who gives a rats as long as you barrack for you new home town team .
Go the Bombers! ;D

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:36 pm »
Stevo,

The Ballarat Rovers MCC would welcome you with open arms. Our membership is the cheapest going, $50 for single or family. We run Pony Xpresses, Trials & have a few quad racers to boot, if that floats your boat. As well as Club Days Nationals, Viper, 2 day opens, Vic Seniors & Juniors and Western Regions. We have our club rooms at the airport, easy 5 min access off the freeway. Our track, Monza, & its facilities are second to none and are in Bergs Lane near Bunninyong. We have just spent a shitload on revising and upgrading the track and camping/pit/car park area. We are a family oriented club and often organise extra outside excursions like a bus to the SuperX in Oct, dinner dances, other social nights evey second month. Others that I wont mention.

Have a look over our web site.
http://www.ballaratroversmcc.com.au/

All that been said with the new Geelong bypass why not Sporting/Geelong? Get off at Ceres and its only 10 min up the road.
http://www.smcc.com.au/
They are trying to save their track and every member they can get.

Viper666

PS Go Bombers the mighty Saint destroyers

PPS It aint that cold                 After what Barrabool dished up Sat night and Sunday dont ever whinge about Ballarat again!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:12:34 pm by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?