Author Topic: 2009 VINTAGE NATS on TV  (Read 2522 times)

squirtmoto

2009 VINTAGE NATS on TV
« on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:48 pm »
Hi all,
Just thought I would start a post to get away from the shit that is starting to build up on the other posting about the Nats
I for one had an absolute ball at the titles. As one of the competitors I would like to pass on to all involved with the meeting a big thank you ;D . From the hassle free scruitineering through to the completion of the event, It ran on time and to schedule ( even after the stoppage for the injured rider). I have attended 4 Nats from 95 to present and this has been the best one by a country mile. From the attitude of all involved to the great racing and comraderie, it was almost a sureal feeling to be there and at one stage I clossed my eyes to refocus on what was about to expire and I a flash back to an earlier memory back in 1984. One that I havn't relived since that time!

On another note, I was with the boys from "Blokes World" BENWAH and ADO on Sunday, I helped with camera work and interviews. I had a Go-Pro camera on board during then last Pre-85 250 race (which I managed to stuff up during the race and was dead last and smashed my way back up to 6th place :'(). BENWAH said that the interviews and race footage will be aired on the fathers day marrathon special from 8-12 a.m. Sunday 6th September on AURORA channel. ;)

Big Bill.
P.S. sorry to any riders that may have felt my anger during my passing manouvers :)

STW996

Re: 2009 VINTAGE NATS on TV
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:23:02 am »
Yes mate, so you should!!

I fell off over drunks just thinking you were coming :D

Shane

firko

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:38:52 am »
Hey Bill....No wonder you were off your game on Sunday with Magoo as a houseguest! Thanks again for the great BBQ and hospitality on Saturday night.

211kawasaki

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 03:21:41 pm »
Look forward to the TV Bill.

I have to also agree that it was a great weekend and an absolute credit to the Sunshine and QVMX clubs to have run the meeting so well and professionaly.

Can I also say that I took only my second trophy (a 3rd) in the pre 78 250. Its taken 20 years of VMX to earn those 2 trophys!!! :D The old KX came through.

I had a hoot, thanks to the Sharples clan for the hospitality, the Tassie guys and everyone there for making it such a great weekend.

DT

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 04:56:00 pm »
Just like to add my thanks to the Sunshine & QVMX clubs for a smooth run event. It was my first Vintage MX Nats and it was great fun to be there.
 I saw some of Big B's & 211's races and well done on some hard fought results.
I am still smarting about Magoo beating me home in the 125's but the boy from Village People Honda was on his game.
Looking forward to seeing some footage and to next year-

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:05:55 pm »
Glad we're not talking about upside down forks! I also had a ball and would like to thank everyone involved.It was my first National ever and i had a great time even if the old dr500 is a trail bike, just taking part in it was good enough for me, but to qualify was a bonus.Cheers. Note to self to check seat mouting bolts next time!!

magoo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:59:05 pm »
Geez, a bloke goes away for a few days and it's open slather on him, I feel shattered.
I'm sure Billy knows how much of an honour it was to host my good self over the weekend, he feels priveledged I'm sure lol. Thanks again mate, you've definately got the worlds most tolerant missus.
I'm glad I got in on the secret Mr27 of how much fun a Pre '85 125 can be. At 6'4" and 100kg I'm sure it would have been one amusing spectacle but I'm not only blown away by how much fun it was, but I was substantially faster on it than my 250. I reckon the Pre '85 125 class is a wolf in sheeps clothing, it is a class with unlimited potential.
The meeting itself was first class. That is my 4th Conondale Classic and if anyone thinks this was a lucky one off, you're wrong. QVMX and the Sunshine Coast club do this type of meeting on a regular basis so you can relive it again next year, just no National titles that's all.

firko

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:19:33 pm »
Magoo channeling Ricky Johnson stylin' over Drunks Hill

squirtmoto

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 07:26:28 pm »
Yeh thanks Magoose, the missus is still winging about the skid marks you left on the sheets ::) Good to hear you loved raping that poor little 1 dinger. Some one should have protested you on behalf of the bike :D
It was our pleasure to host Sat nights BBQ.
I thought I saw you taking a soil sample during the last race Shane ;) maybe in the footage on Blokes World.
Does anyone have any shots of me so I can put them on the SCAR website :) send to
[email protected]

Bill
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:28:18 pm by squirtmoto »

magoo

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 07:46:30 pm »
Jeezuz, look how big the gut is. Phark, I'd better do some training like Billy!!!!!!!!!

colmoody

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35:01 pm »
Congrats Dave on the 3rd place in pre 78 250. Any chance you are going to make it to Dirt Track Titles at Raymond Terrace in September. Big ask so soon after VMX Titles I know.

211kawasaki

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 08:58:01 pm »
Cant make the CDT Championships, taking the wife and kids to Disney for a few weeks! Really dissapointed about that but will have a few MGDs at Stephs bar for you guys racing hard!

Firkos Da Man for the event - watch out!! ;D

DT